Thread: Terry McCracken launches phone poll- can I be the next -

Exclamation Terry McCracken launches phone poll- can I be the next -

Lancaster Town Supervisor !

Lancaster Democratic Party Boss Terry McCracken is testing the voters of Lancaster with a phone poll .

In this poll , you are asked to rate every member of Lancaster's Present Town Board !

Then they ask : What do you think of Terry McCracken for Supervisor ?

Do you think he has done a good job as Head of Parks and Recreation Department . My neighbor friend said they asked if he ran would they consider voting for him-Terry?

Then they asked for a email address to send them more info. Anyone who wants to - please sign up and lets share what we receive. I for one cant wait for the call - I will definitely sign up for their Election year Info.

I talked to two other neighbors and only one was called today!

Should be fun ! I guess maybe Terry and the "Young Boys" feel he can bounce Bob (The Builder) Giza . Maybe Terry's connections with Channel 4 can help - they have done work for him in the Past !-
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Do they allow voice comments so people can tell them between school taxes and property taxes they feel screwed?

Question Dont know-

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Do they allow voice comments so people can tell them between school taxes and property taxes they feel screwed?

I will call her back and ask ,

I assumed so , because she said , "They asked" her questions !

I'll get back to you after I get back from taking my son to his hockey game.

Wait, does anyone see the comedy in this?

Let's see, we've got...

The supervisor running for supervisor...
    A board member maybe running for supervisor...
    McCracken testing the waters to run for supervisor...
    Rumors the town clerk might run if the supervisor doesn't run for supervisor...
    No known republicans running for supervisor...

Tomorrow, I expect to hear that...

The dog catcher is gonna run for supervisor...

Now he'd get my vote, cause he loves dogs...

What does it take to get on the ballot?

Say someone wants to run. Can they get on the ballot without a party endorsement?

Wink Lancaster Democrats play musical chairs

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell
    Wait, does anyone see the comedy in this?

Let's see, we've got...

The supervisor running for supervisor...
    A board member maybe running for supervisor...
    McCracken testing the waters to run for supervisor...
    Rumors the town clerk might run if the supervisor doesn't run for supervisor...
    No known republicans running for supervisor...

Tomorrow, I expect to hear that...

The dog catcher is gonna run for supervisor...

Now he'd get my vote, cause he loves dogs...
    Its not a bad tactic ( if their that smart) , keep everyone guessing . Spread rumors , then run down which ones fly .

Sometimes if there really is no race - you give the impression there is one within the controlling party . This gives the armchair quarter backs some thing to talk about . You think there is a struggle of ideology , ego's and such .

The only thing that changes are which seats the controlling majority sit in . Joey maintains his strangle hold on the Town Board and Town Hall !

Even if Bob(The Builder)Giza looses his spot , it will be Business as usual/status quo is maintained .

So do we see Political Musical Chairs ?? , or just a smoke screen to hide the fact that this Town is so corrupt that no sane person would risk running .

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4248
    Its not a bad tactic ( if their that smart) , keep everyone guessing . Spread rumors , then run down which ones fly .

Sometimes if there really is no race - you give the impression there is one within the controlling party . This gives the armchair quarter backs some thing to talk about . You think there is a struggle of ideology , ego's and such .

The only thing that changes are which seats the controlling majority sit in . Joey maintains his strangle hold on the Town Board and Town Hall !

Even if Bob(The Builder)Giza looses his spot , it will be Business as usual/status quo is maintained .

So do we see Political Musical Chairs ?? , or just a smoke screen to hide the fact that this Town is so corrupt that no sane person would risk running .
    I'm beginning to wonder why a sane person would live in Lancaster. By the time Transit Road is fully developed we will need seven lanes to handle traffic. The houses on William Street will be so close to the road that no one will live in them. It'll take an hour to get in and out of town via Central. (Oh wait, it already does.) Pedestrians, like my dog and I, will be turned into paving material if we try to cross Broadway. The retaining walls along Cayuga creek will have to be doubled in height to hold runoff from developments. Taxes will be so high we won't be able to afford pants from Wal-Mart. And we'll need a Sears tower sized town hall to hold all political appointees. Well, at least Giza will get an office with a view. We won't have to listen to him complain about having an office in the basement.

I wish I was joking.

Could it just be that McCracken knows that there is a viable Democratic board candidate that will be primarying Giza and has an excellent chance to win?

Could it just be that McCracken doesn't favor this board member because he has been responsible for getting the traffic study in motion which holds up further development getting approved along William Street and is working with several homeowners to resolve flooding and drainage issues?

Could it be that McCracken now believes he would be a more formidable opponent to win and keep the status quo in place? Shuffling chairs would not be the case if McCracken runs and wins - same o same o.

A few months ago Democratic Party Chair McCracken was a strong supporter of Giza when he announced he would like another term. Since then he has come to fear that the candidate that will primary Giza has gained strength.

Considering there are few residents who really know or care what's happening in town, this is a good diversionary tactic for this party to find out what individuals think of the opposition and use it to conduct their usual fear and smear tactics.

If the same people are running the Republican Party in Lancaster, they should not bother entering a candidate in this town. Change has to come from within the Democratic Party and their is a board member who does not kowtow to the wishes of Giza and the party on every matter.

But change will be difficult to come by considering the party is willing to eat their own to maintain the status quo.

Just like the Planning and Zoning Board appointees are hand picked by the town board to do the town board's bidding, McCracken is hand picking the party committee people to do his bidding.

Hey, it's all legal, just bad governance and special interest influence.

Unlike gshowell's opinion that you have to be insane to live in Lancaster, I disagree. Been a resident here for near 40 years and love the town and many things about it. Too often, however, developers and special interest groups have been favored over the best intersts of the residents.

Does Terry have a horny brother named Phil...you know...Phil McCracken...

Regards

I apologize. I was being sarcastic, again. Lancaster ain't bad. Although it can't hold a candle to the Village. One good thing about living in the Village is it's already built out and it isn't going to change much. Although it is begining to become another drive-thru community because of all the development in the town.

Thank you for not questioning my sanity, cause it's something I lack.

Question McCracken is hand picking the party committee people to do his bidding.

Pudge : McCracken is hand picking the party committee people to do his bidding.

Do you believe he is smart enough to implement that on his own ?

The best laid plans of mice and men: 2007

Should be fun !
    I guess maybe Terry and the "Young Boys" feel he can bounce Bob (The Builder) Giza . Maybe Terry's connections with Channel 4 can help - they have done work for him in the Past !

What happened ?

Thread Information