Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is unemployment free?

Why is unemployment free?

Yes, i know you, and your employer, pay unemployment in each pay period. I think people on unemployment should have to put in public service to continually qualify for benefits. This would benefit the parks that are all losing funding. It would also keep people from milking the system too long.

You want your unemployment check? Go put in 20 hours renovating and cleaning up the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Yes, i know you, and your employer, pay unemployment in each pay period. I think people on unemployment should have to put in public service to continually qualify for benefits. This would benefit the parks that are all losing funding. It would also keep people from milking the system too long.

You want your unemployment check? Go put in 20 hours renovating and cleaning up the parks.
    Unemployment is paid for in advance, that's why. Why would you want to divert someone's time from job hunting into community service?

Now work-for-welfare? Most certainly, I am on board with that.

PS Trust me. People do not want to be on unemployment. With the cap at $300 or per week, I would be making about a tenth of what I make now.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If i'm correct the self employed who pay into benefits can not collect those benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    PS Trust me. People do not want to be on unemployment. With the cap at $300 or per week, I would be making about a tenth of what I make now.
    Many people are not like you, believe it or not. There are many lazy people who think they are above jobs or don't want to be bothered to work.

If you can't find a job within 2 years, suck it up and go to Mickey D's. At some point people have to stop milking UE benefits.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Keep in mind that UI is taxed! welfare is NOT!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unemployment is paid for in advance, that's why. Why would you want to divert someone's time from job hunting into community service?

Now work-for-welfare? Most certainly, I am on board with that.

The cap is $430.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    The cap is $430.
    Still, much less than what I make now

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    Many people are not like you, believe it or not. There are many lazy people who think they are above jobs or don't want to be bothered to work.

If you can't find a job within 2 years, suck it up and go to Mickey D's. At some point people have to stop milking UE benefits.
    Lazy people do not hold a steady job for 52 weeks...

If someone paid their dues, they should be allowed to collect what they are owed. UI is taxable income.

I most certainly would not go to a job making less than my last position, and less than UI. I would stay on UI until I could find a job where I am not under-employed. But, generally speaking, those on UI are making less on UI than what their previous position paid.

But, that does not make one lazy

Ok, so collect UI up to the amount that you put into the system already and then after that, put in your public service for a weekly check.

Ok, so collect UI up to the amount that you put into the system already and then after that, put in your public service for a weekly check.
    I'd be on board with that. Would (Under your idea), UI be longer, the longer you held a job (And, therefore, paying into it)?

Example: I've worked non-stop for 12 years thus far (Well, short, 1 week break in between discharge and civilian life). Do I get to collect longer than say, a person who worked for 52 weeks, then 52 weeks off (Basically, Working to get benefits worked up to eligibility, then leaned on the system)?

You got it

Still, much less than what I make now
    But how much would you save buy not having to drive to work, buy lunch etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    But how much would you save buy not having to drive to work, buy lunch etc...
    I'd still be losing. Often, I work from home. I don't usually eat lunch, unless it's with a prospective client, and even with assuming I would drive to work everyday and buy lunch everyday, I'd still be in the hole.

You got it
    Sounds like a plan.

Now, you need to get the insurance companies on board

The current extensions put in place by the liberal progressive Democrats in the House and Senate are NOT part of the unemployment insurance paid for by workers and business owners. This part of the current welfare for workers is not even funded by those that voted for it. It is another unfunded giveaway in an election year benevolently given by scared politicians that are trying to buy another voting block with taxpayer money. The funding for the current extension is more of the fantasy cash that has fueled the largest deficit in American history.

Don't be fooled into believing that these knuckleheads care one wit about the unemployed. They see this as another opportunity to enslave even more Americans by their diabolical giveaway to procure votes.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information