Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Independent Party

Exclamation Independent Party

A letter I received yesterday from Mr. Anthony Mingarelli.

"I, like you, am a member of the Independent Party and am looking forward to making it a more progressive party. We, the Independents in the City of Lackawanna are being misinformed.

A few weeks ago an article in the Lackawanna Front Page printed the Dennis Koziol and John Makeyenko are the new leaders of the Lackawanna Independent Party. This statement is completely false. I contend that Mr. Koziol had an illegal meeting. This meeting was never called in the required time. It was a meeting where all the propercommitteemen were not notified. In short, it was a meeting that was set up to insure they and only they would be selectedthe so-called leaders!

At the time the meeting was held, John Makeyenko was not a legally registered Independent and did not become one until after the date the meeting was to have been called. Dennis Koziol, in my opinion, is an opportunist who does nothing but maneuver within political parties in an effort to seek his own political clout. I consider it disgraceful to have both of these two power mongers run the Independent Party here.

I have been told that John is already threatening future candidates for various political offices and telling them they have to see him for the Independent Party endorsement and no one else! As you may or may not know, John is running for re-election to the Lackawanna School board and is using the Independent Party as a wedge to become re-elected. Koziol works in the school maintenance department and therefore, he and John are like "two peas in a pod". Their mission appears to be to use YOU to get what THEY want.

The Lackawanna Independent Party is a new and growing voice in the City. We are the third and very important line for some candidates. I ask you to please unite and make your party a progressive party of true Independents, not a party that is run for its supposed leaders' personal benefit.

Thank you for reading this letter, and please think about what you want your Independent Partyto be within the City of Lackawanna."

Sincerely,

Anthony Mingarelli

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwomer
    A letter I received yesterday from Mr. Anthony Mingarelli.

"I, like you, am a member of the Independent Party and am looking forward to making it a more progressive party. We, the Independents in the City of Lackawanna are being misinformed.

A few weeks ago an article in the Lackawanna Front Page printed the Dennis Koziol and John Makeyenko are the new leaders of the Lackawanna Independent Party. This statement is completely false. I contend that Mr. Koziol had an illegal meeting. This meeting was never called in the required time. It was a meeting where all the propercommitteemen were not notified. In short, it was a meeting that was set up to insure they and only they would be selectedthe so-called leaders!

At the time the meeting was held, John Makeyenko was not a legally registered Independent and did not become one until after the date the meeting was to have been called. Dennis Koziol, in my opinion, is an opportunist who does nothing but maneuver within political parties in an effort to seek his own political clout. I consider it disgraceful to have both of these two power mongers run the Independent Party here.

I have been told that John is already threatening future candidates for various political offices and telling them they have to see him for the Independent Party endorsement and no one else! As you may or may not know, John is running for re-election to the Lackawanna School board and is using the Independent Party as a wedge to become re-elected. Koziol works in the school maintenance department and therefore, he and John are like "two peas in a pod". Their mission appears to be to use YOU to get what THEY want.

The Lackawanna Independent Party is a new and growing voice in the City. We are the third and very important line for some candidates. I ask you to please unite and make your party a progressive party of true Independents, not a party that is run for its supposed leaders' personal benefit.

Thank you for reading this letter, and please think about what you want your Independent Partyto be within the City of Lackawanna."

Sincerely,

Anthony Mingarelli
    Jason this is going to be a huge struggle in Lackawanna. Sorrentino from Hamburg had his best friend Tony Mingerelli change to the IP last year to help insure the Democratic control in Hamburg and Lackawanna. Koziol has a ton of support mainly coming from the Billy Delmont regime and the Lackawanna housing authority. Dennis is a landlord of multiple properties who makes absolutely sure his tenants are registered IP and vote each and every election. I have been told by some of the tenants that if they don't vote for who Dennis tells them to then their rent goes up.

Mingerelli is very popular and has amassed just as many registered IP's in Lackawanna as Koziol has. He is also supported by Sandy Rosenswie and the RIP Club. Why the fight? Because Koziol is almost assured the succession to be next IP chairman and has told the Dems that they are going to have to earn any future endorsements with accountability and patronage. The Dems don't want to give away any of their jobs and have started protecting their second line.

I'm torn on what to do about this. I have dedicated my efforts to freeing up the Hamburg IP and don't have the time or energy to start playing in Lackawanna. So if I help Tony M. I'm helping the Dems who will continue to raise taxes. If I help Dennis then I'm defacto helping Tony Orsini and we all know how I feel about that. If I do nothing then the IP members who aren't associated with either side are left out in the cold. It's become one hell of a mess.

Unregistered
    I wish Dennis Koziol would just declare Tony Orsini an enemy of the state and we could all rally behind him. As long as he remains loyal to Orsini he is considered by many just as bad.

I used to be a tennent of Koziols'. And frankely that line of if they didnt vote for who he wanted or the rent went up. That is not true. If you can provide evidence of this, please send it to me.

Now, I understand why you would decline getting involved here in Lackawanna. But, isnt it in our best interests to unite all Independents? Either way its ok, can you tell me how to get into contact with Tony M.? I would like to talk to him personally to get his side of things before I make any kind of decision on which side im going to support.

Unregistered
    I used to be a tennent of Koziols'. And frankely that line of if they didnt vote for who he wanted or the rent went up. That is not true. If you can provide evidence of this, please send it to me.

Now, I understand why you would decline getting involved here in Lackawanna. But, isnt it in our best interests to unite all Independents? Either way its ok, can you tell me how to get into contact with Tony M.? I would like to talk to him personally to get his side of things before I make any kind of decision on which side im going to support.
    I was told this by three diferent people who lived in his rental properties. Maybe they were just blowing smoke but they convinced me at the time.

I will get you Mingerelli's number and PM it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by FJB
    Dennis is a landlord of multiple properties who makes absolutely sure his tenants are registered IP and vote each and every election. I have been told by some of the tenants that if they don't vote for who Dennis tells them to then their rent goes up.
    How can someone tell how a person has voted.

P.S. this is another reason not to have open voting like some politicians are proposing.

Exclamation Who to support?

FJB, It should not be a question of who did what. Or even what they have done. EVERY person who is involved in politics has their own agenda. Even you. I now have read most of your posts concerning Orsini and/or Koziol. And frankly sir, you are a bit jaded in your views. Although I respect your opinions, that is exactly what they are. OPINIONS. Not facts. Here is some facts for you. You dont have any evidence supporting your claims. You are going on what others have told you. And those are opinions as well.

I have looked into and researched Orsini and Koziol. There is nothing out of the ordinary about them. And I have to say, that I am upset that you would accuse Koziol of raising rent because his tennents dont vote for who he wants. That is slander. You have no proof that things like that go on.

Finally, I and done a lot of research on you and Mr. Mingarelli. I have found nothing to support Mr. Mingarelli's claims of Mr. Koziol and Mr. Makeyenko have done anything wrong. I find that the bickering between party members are only hurting what the Independent Party stands for. If you do not wish to support Anthony Orsini or Dennis Koziol, that is your right. But, keep this in mind, if you want to continue your slander on Mr. Orsini, you are going to have to do it in other ways because doing it on here is a violation of TOS.

And I have found that Mr. Mingarellis' letter to the other Independent Party members is also slander. Its time to unify the party, not divide it. United we stand, divided we fall.

I ask you on behalf of all the Independent Party members, stop the vicious attacks of others. If you have complaints against Mr. Orsini and Mr. Koziol, send them to the Attorney General. You are only making yourself look bad.

I firmly believe Mr. Koziol and Mr. Makeyenko are trying to change the way the city of Lackawanna sees things, and they are looking out for the best interests of the people who live here. Good luck in Hamburg, but leave your own political agenda there where you live. Mr. Orsini, while not perfect, has looked out for the best interest of his political party, and just because YOU dont agree with it, doesnt mean you should attack some ones name. If you want to change the way things are done, maybe you should seek the position of party leader.

I think I have made it clear who im supporting. And if Mr. Mingarelli reads this, then sir, I hope you understand that slader of another person is wrong AND is a crime.

Very well written and clearly straight to the point, I see Res has missed this thread as he has missed McCarty's article yesterday.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRightView
    Very well written and clearly straight to the point, I see Res has missed this thread as he has missed McCarty's article yesterday.
    What is there to comment on.

They fight amonst themselves.

Lack of organization.

And a perception that the party has a lot of "shady" stuff going on.

Exactly what would you like me to say?

Unregistered
    FJB, It should not be a question of who did what. Or even what they have done. EVERY person who is involved in politics has their own agenda. Even you. I now have read most of your posts concerning Orsini and/or Koziol. And frankly sir, you are a bit jaded in your views. Although I respect your opinions, that is exactly what they are. OPINIONS. Not facts. Here is some facts for you. You dont have any evidence supporting your claims. You are going on what others have told you. And those are opinions as well.

I have looked into and researched Orsini and Koziol. There is nothing out of the ordinary about them. And I have to say, that I am upset that you would accuse Koziol of raising rent because his tennents dont vote for who he wants. That is slander. You have no proof that things like that go on.

Finally, I and done a lot of research on you and Mr. Mingarelli. I have found nothing to support Mr. Mingarelli's claims of Mr. Koziol and Mr. Makeyenko have done anything wrong. I find that the bickering between party members are only hurting what the Independent Party stands for. If you do not wish to support Anthony Orsini or Dennis Koziol, that is your right. But, keep this in mind, if you want to continue your slander on Mr. Orsini, you are going to have to do it in other ways because doing it on here is a violation of TOS.

And I have found that Mr. Mingarellis' letter to the other Independent Party members is also slander. Its time to unify the party, not divide it. United we stand, divided we fall.

I ask you on behalf of all the Independent Party members, stop the vicious attacks of others. If you have complaints against Mr. Orsini and Mr. Koziol, send them to the Attorney General. You are only making yourself look bad.

I firmly believe Mr. Koziol and Mr. Makeyenko are trying to change the way the city of Lackawanna sees things, and they are looking out for the best interests of the people who live here. Good luck in Hamburg, but leave your own political agenda there where you live. Mr. Orsini, while not perfect, has looked out for the best interest of his political party, and just because YOU dont agree with it, doesnt mean you should attack some ones name. If you want to change the way things are done, maybe you should seek the position of party leader.

I think I have made it clear who im supporting. And if Mr. Mingarelli reads this, then sir, I hope you understand that slader of another person is wrong AND is a crime.
    Ha, so when did they get to you? Did Delmont or Koziol threaten your job at Lackawanna Schools?
    I asked Tony Mingerelli if you called him and was told no. So you formed your opinion before talking to all sides as you said you would. HMMMMM

I formed my OPINION after researching you, Mr. Mingarelli, Mr. Orsini, and Mr. Koziol. What I found is a bunch of court documents pertaining to you. I could post them here if you dont mind all the others to see them? Mr. Beckwith, you are a cancer in our society. You challenge everything, but accomplish nothing. You consistantly make yourself look like an ass on these message boards and you have no hard evidence to support your claims.

I took another hard look at the letter you sent me last year asking me for my proxy vote. In the letter, wich I still have, you state that I was "elected" committeeman in the town of Hamburg. This is a blatent lie. Your lies. Why wasnt I notified? Why hasnt the town of Hamburg called me or written to me stating that fact? Who nominated me? When? Why?

Mr. Beckwith, you sir are a bold faced liar. A cancer that needs to be cut out and removed.

Unregistered
    Didn't mean to attack you Jason, it just sounded that way and I apologize. How can you defend Orsini after all the articles in the buff news. Check out the disclosure reports as well. How does a guy who is on SSI/DSI spend 20k more than he took in? He is hiding money from the party, that is the only explanation that makes sense. That makes him a crook.

Koziol is the rightful heir to the party but he looks the other way as Orsini steals from us, are you OK with that?

You were sent a form letter that was sent to lackawanna committee members at the last second. Sorry if yours had the wrong town on it. The rest was the same as the lackawanna letter. By the way were you elected in Lacawanna or somewhere else in the county? Koziol ran Lackawanna people all over the south towns.

Unregistered
    Go ahead and post my court cases and what they will see is that I won each case against the IP that was being represented by the Democratic party lawyers. In fact the guy who represented the IP against me is up on charges for violating his ethical oath by filing against me. He can't represent me as a committee member and then file against me on behalf of the party leadership, which is exactly what he did.

Unregistered
    I took another hard look at the letter you sent me last year asking me for my proxy vote. In the letter, wich I still have, you state that I was "elected" committeeman in the town of Hamburg. This is a blatent lie. Your lies. Why wasnt I notified? Why hasnt the town of Hamburg called me or written to me stating that fact? Who nominated me? When? Why?
    So who nominated you? I sent you a copy of the petition, do you still have it? The name on the bottom of it was the person who nominated you. It wasn't me since I didn't run any petitions in Lackawanna. So it was the Koziol crew. You work with Koziol in the maintenence department of the Lakawanna school system right? That say's it all.

Where were you elected? What town and district?

You only sent me a letter for my proxy vote. There is NO person on there who nominated me for anything. YOU wrote I was elected committeman in Hamburg. I have the document to prove it. And NO I dont work for or with Mr. Koziol. Again, you state things that are wrong without proof Mr. Beckwith.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information