Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windpower Development

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    Property taxes in the 3rd and 4th wards in Lackawanna would go thur the roof.
    Why is that? What is your cost per thousand now to live in your home to support a fat government system compared to what you are paying now?[QUOTE]

Politically Lackawanna would loose its independence.
    One less theifdom... what is wrong with that?

Buffalo's school system and their unions will run Lackawanna schools. Do we really want that?
    Are you schools any worse or better unionwise? They are all one in the same when it comes to government unions anyways.

Lackawanna's Fire and Police Departments will be controlled by the same unions that have had peace for so long in Buffalo.
    And does your union hold you hostage? Does your union "play" the rules to finacially benefit when they can? If so what is the difference?

Nothing ever gets done in Buffalo (Bass Pro or the Peace bridge) will it be the same for Lackawanna?
    And what has been done in lackawanna to write home about ?

[QUOTE=WNYresident]Why is that? What is your cost per thousand now to live in your home to support a fat government system compared to what you are paying now?

One less theifdom... what is wrong with that?

Are you schools any worse or better unionwise? They are all one in the same when it comes to government unions anyways.

And does your union hold you hostage? Does your union "play" the rules to finacially benefit when they can? If so what is the difference?

And what has been done in Lackawanna to write home about ?
    Check the taxes including the garbage fees in the outer ring of South Buffalo.

In Lackawanna when I call my councilman he will call me back. When I lived in Buffalo I was lucky if he called me to vote for him.

I fee much safer in Lackawanna knowing that the police and fireman are giving a 100% effort. I think the Lackawanna school system is more responsive to it's taxpayers then the Buffalo school system are to it's taxpayers..

Lackawanna has a bridge being repaired on Ridge road and I bet it will be done before the new Peace bridge is started.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    what would you pay on a home in lackwanna valued at $100,000.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    what would you pay on a home in lackwanna valued at $100,000.
    My house is asset at more than 100k but I don't think it is worth 70k

my total tax bill (School, City and County) is around 2200

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    well that's not terribly bad. They really bone us in cheektowaga...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    well that's not terribly bad. They really bone us in cheektowaga...
    When I was looking for a home to buy the Steel Plant was operating in Lackawanna I looked at a home (around 1967) in Buffalo on Downing or Dorannce Ave across from the cemetery, at that time the total Buffalo tax was over 2000 dollars. While the home I live in now was 550 dollars. I often wonder what the taxes on that house in Buffalo are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    Politically Lackawanna would loose its independence.
    I find this line somewhat hilarious because Lackawanna would still be a democratic stronghold that has made very little progress, much like the city of Buffalo.

Getting back to the thread, what happens to the energy produced there and about how much power will be produced?
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

They were humming today
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by BFLOCOP
    Getting back to the thread, what happens to the energy produced there and about how much power will be produced?
    I hope they turn a profit or they will end up just as just another failed project that the taxpayers will have to pay to have them removed.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson
    I find this line somewhat hilarious because Lackawanna would still be a democratic stronghold that has made very little progress, much like the city of Buffalo.
    Thats cause Lackawanna is filled with old Polish and Irish people who are lifers in unions and also Yemenis that aren't the biggest fans of the Rep Party.

Looks like those windmills helped land a big convention for Buffalo:

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/s...l?surround=lfn

Unregistered

Buy there magazine....a group of friends gave them all the resources for Buffalo

Buy there magazine....a group of my friends gave them all the resources for Buffalo

We wrote them a great letter after reading about their spread on Cleveland and invited them to Buffalo citing our diverse clean and renewable energy sources.

Solar Magazine is now planning a wonderful multi-page article on Buffalo and its thrust into alternative energy (power, distribution, technology, research and business community)

Now if we can only get more cobblestone streets and that new porous concrete for roads and sidewalks.....its a concrete that is porous enough to allow water to drain thru it....it keeps the ground table stable and it give urban trees the water they need to grow......so we can bring back those wonderful thirsty Elms, Oaks, Yellow woods, tulip, lindens, ginkos, etc.

Come on Buffalo....slowly the eyes of the country are returning to you! Dont screw it up!

lackawanna wind mill

A couple years ago I read that Lackawanna was going to acquire the land from bethlehem steel. I have been involved in energy management products since the 80s.

I called the City of Lackawanna, and inquired about the land. Whomever I spoke to pressed me for more information why I was interested in the land. I finally told him I'd like to build a windwmill project there. 6 months later I read about the wind mills coming to Lackawanna. Obviously Lackawanna is filled with glory grabbers.

I never did explain to the fool that I intended to build the wind mill system as a City owned generating system in order to reduce the cost of electricity to Lackawanna residents, and thereby increasing the value of property in Lackawanna.

Arcade residents own their own generating plant, and they pay 1/3 of what we pay for electricity. Lackawanna City could have had the same thing if not for the self-interested glory grabbers.

Are the Windmills making any money?

It seems that most of the time when I drive down route 5 heading to Buffalo. I see the giant windmills standing still. Can these giant fans make energy when they are not turning? When do they spin? Is this project making any energy or money? Or will it become another white elephant?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information