Thread: Current Trends

Current Trends

I am new to the posting boards, in fact this is my first post, but for all of the Lackawanna residents out there and even for those who do not live in the city, what are your feeling and thoughts about current political trends in the city. Moreover, what concerns do you have about the political happenings in the city?

Quote Originally Posted by Gork315
    I am new to the posting boards, in fact this is my first post, but for all of the Lackawanna residents out there and even for those who do not live in the city, what are your feeling and thoughts about current political trends in the city. Moreover, what concerns do you have about the political happenings in the city?
    No major concerns for now.

Welcome to the boards, Gork!

Don't be shy, just stick your nose into topics you may or may not know anything about ... everybody else does!

Oh, yeah, depending upon your gender and sexual orientation, you may or may not appreciate Stevenco's pictoral postings ...
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Mr Lackawanna, just wondering your thoughts on the fiscal crisis outlined by former State Comptroller Hevesi? He outlined a number of concerns about the financial viability of the city including a dwindling tax base and the taxing power of the city (at 97%) being exaughted (also increased expenditures in the public safety area) I have some major concerns with the current acceptance of status quo politics and lack of oversight for future development and fiscal stability for the city.

Thread Information