Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did he really say "the lame"?

Did he really say "the lame"?

Did Carl really say that he was going to stop "the lame" from coming to New York to get welfare benefits?

"The lame"?

"I'm not politically correct" is not an excuse for ignorance.

An angry old white guy with no programs and apparently little knowledge of facts about the outrageous claims he is making - that is how he came off in media yesterday.

Worst, the media has started toying with him just to get him hollerin', spittin' and cussin'

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Did Carl really say that he was going to stop "the lame" from coming to New York to get welfare benefits?

"The lame"?

"I'm not politically correct" is not an excuse for ignorance.

An angry old white guy with no programs and apparently little knowledge of facts about the outrageous claims he is making - that is how he came off in media yesterday.

Worst, the media has started toying with him just to get him hollerin', spittin' and cussin'
    Carl can't be a buffoon because he's worth a $150 million ... or so the true believers claim.

Just give my money away!!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Carl can't be a buffoon because he's worth a $150 million ... or so the true believers claim.
    ARE YOU ...gonna still tell me that NY States' generous welfare package has not been a magnet for the "lame" of other states...even foreign countries???
    YUO THINK the regugees that the International Institute and other "freedom groups" here in NY dont help and steer these immigrants to our generous Social Services building on Pearl st? THINK AGAIN!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    ARE YOU ...gonna still tell me that NY States' generous welfare package has not been a magnet for the "lame" of other states...even foreign countries???
    YUO THINK the regugees that the International Institute and other "freedom groups" here in NY dont help and steer these immigrants to our generous Social Services building on Pearl st? THINK AGAIN!!
    Does this actually happen? And if so how many per year lets say in WNY?

Oo yea Buffalo ny is crawling with Mexicanos!

But not really..

I don't think there is much of an illegal problem here. NYC is different though..

And the "lame," well lets look at how insulting that is to people with disabilities. So Carl has something against disabled people?
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

for Carl's sake, I hope no one in his organization issues a press release tomorrow explaining that "he meant to say 'crippled people'"

Seriously people, get over it

It is no secret that we have one of, if not THE most generous welfare benefits - especially as pertaining to non-residents.

The point is you can't keep sucking from the working class to pay for those who are able to, but refuse to go to work. Listen to his entire platform and he is clear about helping those who are truly in need. It is the fraud and yes, the lame (lame meaning those who won't go to work) that expands the cost of the system. Clean that up and a good portion of the problems are solved.

Paladino's own record of philanthropy proves he has the necessary compassion. He has never said that those truly in need won't be taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    the lame (lame meaning those who won't go to work)
    spin, spin, spin

here is the quote:

“the poor and the lame and whatever”

Not "the poor and those who won't go to work and whatever"

BTW - what's the spin on a "whatever"?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    at minimum if your not a resident of NYS you can't go on the public dole. Let the state you were born in handle their issues. You literally can't help everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    at minimum if your not a resident of NYS you can't go on the public dole. Let the state you were born in handle their issues. You literally can't help everyone.
    I agree we should have stricter laws concerning eligibility for our safety net. And better enforcement to eliminate the fraud and waste.

So I agree with Carl's basic premise - but what's his plan?

If we shoot all the dogs in Erie county we'll eliminate all the rabid dogs, but that's not a plan I'm going to sign up for.

Spin spin spin??

How about an explanation?

Your right, let's elect Cuomo, he can promise the unions the world for their support, then he can reward them with 4% raises, then he gets caught with a hooker, and his lieutenant gets saddled with a $20 BILLION dollar deficit!

And Shelly Silver still runs our State into the ground.

I would leave, but I can't wait to see you bleeding hearts eat crow AGAIN

I heard one of the main reasons for welfare abuse is they don't have social workers checking on these people.

If someone is on welfare they should have social workers just drop in to their homes unexpectedly.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    Spin spin spin??

How about an explanation?

Your right, let's elect Cuomo, he can promise the unions the world for their support, then he can reward them with 4% raises, then he gets caught with a hooker, and his lieutenant gets saddled with a $20 BILLION dollar deficit!

And Shelly Silver still runs our State into the ground.

I would leave, but I can't wait to see you bleeding hearts eat crow AGAIN
    Uh, we are not at the stage yet where I have to choose between Carl and Cuomo.

Carl has to beat at least two others before he will be a viable candidate rather than just and angry old man with enough money to get microphone time.

He ain't going to get to that point by following the current track he is on.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Uh, we are not at the stage yet where I have to choose between Carl and Cuomo.

Carl has to beat at least two others before he will be a viable candidate rather than just and angry old man with enough money to get microphone time.

He ain't going to get to that point by following the current track he is on.
    There are a lot of angry old men/women that think like he does. We are being screwed by the people in albany and the parasites that work/deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    Oo yea Buffalo ny is crawling with Mexicanos!

But not really..

I don't think there is much of an illegal problem here. NYC is different though..

And the "lame," well lets look at how insulting that is to people with disabilities. So Carl has something against disabled people?
    So the 15 that were arrested at the Holiday Inn on the blvd a few months ago isn't a problem??

I play hockey with a few guys who do landscaping, 75% of the people that work for them aren't legal.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information