Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread: School Board Candidates Blog

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    the one point everyone is missing is this came from Haxton. That alone tells me it's either not true or misinformation.

Really wow!!!! Like the other guys don't ever lie in Lackawanna. Sorry to say but I think you have been brainwashed. Anything that comes out of you is just trashing Andrea and propoganda from the machine.

Example of propoganda from the machine: I love the way our city looks its so clean and vibrant!!!! The city offcials are top notch and understanding!!! We can't do any better our hands are tied!!

Reality: Our city is run down and looking worse everyday. Starting to look worse by the minute as a matter of factly. The city officals really couldn't care less. Just look around! Ask them to improve something and all you will get are empty promises and excuses!!! The mayor for instance is still blaming Bethlehem Steel (assessments)for his budget cuts!!! That excuse is lame and done and over with 30 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    40 140900 141.44-1-14 297 RIDGE RD BORRERO EDWIN
    2006 2,154.13
    2007 2,495.22
    2008 2,543.22
    2009 1,382.36

TOTAL: 8,574.93

Its not just one year! not $225 either! I guess your calling everyone on the list a deadbeat also, havent you learned yet!

They owe thousands and lost a buisness due to politics and other bs. But your guy owes just $225 has 2 jobs and still works for the city.You and everyone else are just a bunch of hypocrites!! Pretty much everyone on the list that gets a paycheck from city hall is a deadbeat and a hypocrite. In your own words on here you and several others say city official should pay their taxes or be held accountable for not paying it.

The other citizens get a pass because maybe they have some kind of troubles. I recommend that the city attorney file charges on all these involved and remove them from their postions as per city charter. They made the rules in the charter for Andrea so now lets enforce it fairly across the board!

Post Please do.....

the one point everyone is missing is this came from Haxton. That alone tells me it's either not true or misinformation.

Prove it.

Please make a list of the not "true/misinformation" that I have told YOU or anyone else.
    Thank You, Andrea

Post ??????

Quote Originally Posted by mom3boys View Post
    Just wondering what type of advice you gave to the Mom’s you spoke to.

Everyone should wonder how much time is spent on these sites bashing the City they live in and what type of advice and support people are given when they have these concerns. Did you suggest to the mother with the special needs child to seek the advice of someone who handles special cases such as the one she has? If parents are going to fight for the children then they need to take it on 150%. If they believe they have rights then you fight for those rights until the end. Quitting just teaches this current generation the lack of WANT and DESIRE!!!!

And if the mom’s you mention are not happy with the current school system, where do they plan on going? To a PRIVATE SCHOOL? They realize that is an additional cost and they will still need to pay a school tax correct? Unless they are moving right out of the City or they don't own property in the City.

You mention little people in the City are treated poorly…who are the people that are treated right? Maybe the 3 mom’s should sit down with the people who are treated correctly and ask them how to handle the current situation they are in.

You also mention word of mouth sells houses. With how dissatisfied you are on a daily basis, will you be moving out of Lackawanna soon?

Do you know me?--my credentials/backround?
    Or do you go on gossip and political hearsay to gather your opinion about me?

Mother of 3 Boys, First I want you to know that I am happy and proud of you for getting on here and taking a stand to get involved.

All of this is about taking a stand on the issues. Unfortunately many folks let someone else do it, or just don't care.

I met the three young women in the hallway in Lack Court Friday morning. As I was leaving I noticed them shaking their heads in frustration over something, and I tried to comfort them and calm whatever was bothering them. Well we got into a little girl talk about their past relationships and children.
    I have a 23 yr old daughter so I understand the pressures they are under.

When they told me that they had it with Lackawanna --of course I encouraged them not to leave, that "things" were going to get better. She wants to go to West Seneca.
    You see, the kids and their parents are my fight,---I want it better for them, they deserve to inherit a City that has it going on. All I want is for us to be living in a clean modern vibrant City with award winning schools.

Instead, we, well we do not have a very good image out there and it is wrong, because I know we are cool---I always said that our cultural diversity is our diamond and what puts Lackawanna on the map it. Especially back in the day, my Grandparents came to Lackawanna in 1916.
    I am sorry you took me wrong and have me pegged as some kind of negative person. I became a community activist when I took my 2 yr old daughter to the playground the year I proudly bought my own home. When I turned to my politicians for help to fix our playground, repair and modernize OUR City, they turned on me to discredit me and I got beat up and on by throwing all my personal problems out there for people to judge me on.

"You also mention word of mouth sells houses. With how dissatisfied you are on a daily basis, will you be moving out of Lackawanna soon?" Mother of 3 Boys, I never said I am dissatisfied with Lackawanna on a daily basis-----WHOA! I love Lackawanna, but do not like the greed and self-serving political deals that have decayed OUR once great City from the inside out. It is NOT the City at all--it is the political machine that is causing Lackawanna to be on the "brink of financial disaster", this dissatisfies me because I do not want your kids to be on the outside looking in---we are an equal opportunity City, for some. That is what I hate. The power mongers have squeezed the City money for themselves and there is nothing left to improve playgrounds, etc. They removed another playground a few weeks back.
    I want people beating down our doors to move in--I want people to get mega-money for their homes if they have to sell.

I am not the message--just the messenger, I/We want a CLEAN LACKAWANNA. That is all. Andrea
    My daughter fell through the cracks in the Lackawanna School System because she was a "pleasure to have in class", I do not want that to ever happen to anyone else's child. I learned from living it.

oh yeah, the $200.00 that has been in the City of Lackawanna Budget for years and years is now, $00.00! How do you like that?

Post Fun!

Sorry I did not respond to you sooner Mom of 3 Boys, I took a long Civil Service exam this morning and had to turn around and run out again.

FYI, to any interested Lackawanna resident,
    I was invited to be a model in the Buffalo and Erie County Board of Block Clubs Annual Dinner/Fashion Show this evening. What fun! They have got it together in many neighborhoods, community gardens, aiding seniors, etc.. Why re-invent the wheel---we can continue to learn and use what they do to fight crime, neighborhood watch, etc. Block Clubs aid Police. People are often scared of retaliation so they don't want to get involved but Block Clubs act as a team, a strong team of community activists.

Anyone want to work together to try and form a Lackawanna Block Club Coalition,again?
    We should be having our own Block Club parties, fund raisers, etc. to benefit our neighborhoods, the kids, whatever projects that needs to be addressed.

Post I forgot to say what it was for.

oh yeah, the $200.00 that has been in the City of Lackawanna Budget for years and years is now, $00.00! How do you like that?

oopps! Sorry!

$200.00 was for Affirmative Action Program--I guess Lackawanna does not need one.

I remember some rumors you posted. You're a coward. Can't wait for Dave to find out your identity. If Andrea doesn't want someone questioning her, don't post. You don't live here, so who cares what you say.
    Still waiting for the answer to the question I asked you. Are you threatening me? If you don't like the question, maybe you shouldn't post!

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread Information