Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: School Board Candidates Blog

Quote Originally Posted by mg1940 View Post
    Did you also see your partner Laurents' signs are already up? You mention Miller being above the law so I guess so is Laurent. This is much to do about nothing!
    I did speak to Laurent about that very thing this AM....he only put them out because he saw Miller's signs. This is MUCH to do about the LAWS of our city!! Remember, Code Enforcement does NOT work on the weekend unless they are needed for emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    It should hinder their funding! (98 out of 100) The competition should bring out the best in everyone or the district should fail! Simple as that. Nothing personal but how can someone whose kids go to Frontier have the best interests of Lackawanna schools at heart? He only cares about jobs thats it. Jobs!JOBS! JOBS! That is all this district and city is about nothing else !The people in power do not care about anything else. I hope things change but this is Lackawanna nothing ever does.
    If you are that interested in change, there is time to pick up petitions and circulate. If it is true about John and Jobs ,better we hire our own and help out our local economy than hiring outsiders who do not care about Lackawanna only their hefty salaries, at least John cares about our community!

If you are that interested in change, there is time to pick up petitions and circulate. If it is true about John and Jobs ,better we hire our own and help out our local economy than hiring outsiders who do not care about Lackawanna only their hefty salaries, at least John cares about our community!
    Dude he doesn't care far from it!
    Maybe you need a wake up call!

You hire the best and brightest not by where you live. That is why we are 98 out of 100! How about a residency rule madated for teachers? If we hire you you must relocate to this city for 10 years.I am sure the union will love that one.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    I did speak to Laurent about that very thing this AM....he only put them out because he saw Miller's signs. This is MUCH to do about the LAWS of our city!! Remember, Code Enforcement does NOT work on the weekend unless they are needed for emergencies.
    I agree with you! Why write the stupid law and waste time if you are only going to selectively enforce it? Sounds like a double standard to me. Please see what I posted about Tim Kennedy Headquarters!

Don't people know how to negotiate contracts?

I would love to hear your suggestion on the hiring of a Superintendent? Hire someone from Lackawanna to stimulate the economy? PLEASE! Who from Lackawanna is QUALIFIED for that position? Please, inform me!? There is a percentage of teachers who do NOT reside in Lackawanna, are they stimulating our economy???

What economy??? There is nothing here to stimulate here but egos! If the person is from Lackawanna and is already "stimulating" the economy what good does he or she do? I also would like to see who is qualified here in Lackawanna. Everytime we hire someone from here it gets all muddled in politics and not benificial to the kids education. Certian people want someone from here because they can "CONTROL" them. Hate to keep saying it but JOBS will play a factor in this.We got you this superintendents job remember that! Literal where are you!!!!
    Last edited by mnb811; April 11th, 2010 at 12:59 PM.

Food for thought.....If they care only about their "HEFTY" salaries why would they resign/quit/leave??? I know if I was making 100k plus I sure as hell wouldn't! there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. This is total propoganda!!

You people sit here and blow smoke up each others butts, Millers signs are up , so are swansons.Why yelling about Millers, Kath,s kid attends Nardin School,why is she worried about Lackawanna Schools, Swansons kid attends the Lackawanna Charter School who takes money directly away from Lackawanna Public Schools, why is he running, let him sit on the Charter School Board. The reason Laruent is running because his failed coup at the housing authoity and Tony Mingarelli needed a candidate so he picked Kath and Laurent!

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    You people sit here and blow smoke up each others butts, Millers signs are up , so are swansons.Why yelling about Millers, Kath,s kid attends Nardin School,why is she worried about Lackawanna Schools, Swansons kid attends the Lackawanna Charter School who takes money directly away from Lackawanna Public Schools, why is he running, let him sit on the Charter School Board. The reason Laruent is running because his failed coup at the housing authoity and Tony Mingarelli needed a candidate so he picked Kath and Laurent!
    I Noticed another one covering for Makeyenko! Wow are you guys really serious? Maybe Cathy and Sawnson send their kids there because they know what our schools are ranked? BTW the only coup at the housing authority was Norms and isn't it still in court Norms favorite place to be these days??? See Sorennto lawsuit and soon to be Windmill one!

Whats your answers to law firm?? What's your answer to violating state regs? What about why someone who lives in Lackawanna has kids at Frontier?

so just because my child goes to nardin ( which I am thankful to have the opportunity to do so) I shouldn't care about our school district? Dude, change your screen name, really doesn't fit you! The polls will show if Lackawanna cares about their children and the continuous low ranking. Tony mingarelli had nothing to do with my decision to run, never even spoke to me about it. Can't someone in this city have their own mind? I do and am not afraid to speak it either.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Food for thought.....If they care only about their "HEFTY" salaries why would they resign/quit/leave??? I know if I was making 100k plus I sure as hell wouldn't! there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. This is total propoganda!!
    You guys still never answered this one either by the way....

My taxes pay the salaries here in Lackawanna. I am stimulating!

Tell them Cathy! This city is funny as hell lmao. They throw bombs out at people for fun but they don't like when u give it right back!

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information