Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: School Board Candidates Blog

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Here my guess on the election results...........

Friend, Swanson, Panczykowski and last Miller

But, who knows?????????????
    How did you come to that conclusion? Uniform policy??

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    Sounds good to me to. I believe Miller and Friend won't stand a chance against Cathy and Swanson in a debate. BTW Cathy glad you called out Miller on his signs.Apparently he doesn't think he has to comply with city code like everyone else does.
    And that is exactly what your school district needs, someone who will call them out. What is the deal with that guy ernie that had too big of an ego to step down so his wife could keep her job? That was a dumb move on his part, I heard she was pretty good at her job too. When will the people in Lackawanna get it? Your city is full of power hungry individuals who ruin it for the rest of the HARD working HONEST people.

School Board Candidates

Here's another thing to think about...does anyone keep count of how many School Board meetings Ernie blows off??

Doesn't surprise me! No need for him to show up anymore his wife is gone so therefore there is nothing in it for him. I heard he wanted a full time job and insurence for his wife. That's all he ever talked about at Timmy Ho's when I overheard him. He is another all about jobs guy. For the kids... what a joke he could care less. BTW hows that non existent superintendent search going. Seems like Makeyenko and Leonetti keep saying its a done deal......what a sham and another slap in the face to the kids of this city.
    Last edited by mnb811; April 11th, 2010 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
    Here's another thing to think about...does anyone keep count of how many School Board meetings Ernie blows off??
    As usual mis information , I attend all the meetings , Leonetti has not missed one!!! The majority wanted his resignation so that they could appoint someone who would blindly follow the puppet majority. I agree his wife was doing great job however what kind of a board member would he have been to dissapoint the public who elected him by allowing the board majority to buy him out by holding his wife's part time job over his head?

Exclamation Violation of State Regulations

Do you know how to read state regulations? You can say whatever you want they were in violation of state regulations. The law specifically states a family member cannot be an internal auditor.Brother, sister wife, kid,parent etc. its pretty specific. So knowing all this the board minority voted to keep her in this position violating state regulations. Ernie should have resigned and put a stipulation in there saving his wife's job in the process also he should have abstained from voting on this. I hear he misses work sessions etc. not regular meetings so this is not misinformation its the truth. Also shouldn't Mr. Juda have caught this state regulation himself? Did he knowingly overlook it? Did he not know about it? How many other things did he overlook or get wrong? I for one am glad they hired an outside lawfirm from Syracuse to keep tabs on this district! The lawyers involved are experts in this field and not a personal injury lawyer like Mr. Juda.No more outside law firm expenses because he couldn't do certain cases. He made 86,000 a year but how much did the outside firms add up to? No offense to him but if these guys are experts we will end the bogus lawsuits and interference in this district therfore saving the TAXPAYER a boatload of money. Look on their website and get the information. This is all facts. BTW wasn't Ernie elected with the help of your so called puppett majority? Only when he didn't get what he wanted for his wife did he cry ,kick and scream and switched sides. He is not an honorable man. I talked to him and he said all the right things before he was elected then flipped flopped faster than anybody I ever saw over his wife's job status. We need someone this time around that will do the right stuff not look out for their own interests. Miller and Friend are not the answer they have underlying motives just like Mr.Leonetti. JOBS!This is why our city is the way it is the people we elect only care about jobs not the greater good of the people they represent. Look around our city and tell me I am wrong.
    Last edited by mnb811; April 11th, 2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion? Uniform policy??
    I think that article will backfire on her bigtime. Uniforms in a dirt poor city isn't going to go over well. Looks like the haves vs the have nots.In places with more income it might go over but here never!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Ok what is up with the political signs out already? Our city code specifically states when they can be put out.... What gives city hall? Someone lacking in their duties ? Ron Miller is a police officer, is he above the law??
    This is hilarious considering Steve Bremmer code enforcement officer for this city made Tim Kennedy remove his political signs from the window of his rented campaign headquarters on corner of Ridge and South Park. I wonder why Mr. Bremmer didn't cite the Democratic Party of this city for the same thing back in September thru November of last year when the place was plastered with outdated campaign signs. A lot of people were wondering who was running for mayor against Polanski because of this. I said no one he's not up for election yet. Why? They said well he has signs up in storefront window on Ridge and South Park. So can someone answer the question :WHY IS THERE A DOUBLE STANDARD IN THIS CITY? WHY DO THE SAME PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH STUFF BUT WHEN OTHERS DO IT THEY CAN'T? When will the law be enforced properly?

Here's what is really happening.

I have tried to stay off of this site however enough is enough, how about some facts instead of your usual miss information. I attend all the meetings , Leonetti has not missed one. Furthermore the board majority wanted his resignation so that they could appoint someone who would blindly follow their "puppet majority". The board majority's attempt to intimate him by holding his wifes part time job over his head blew up in their face . I imagine If he did resign you would be saying Leonetti was just in it to give his wife a job, and not to help the children. Eitherway No win situation. What this has proven to me is that Leonetti does have the best interest of the children at heart. Thank you Mr. Leonetti for not letting a part time job dictate your original commitment to the children and the voting public.
    Some members consider just showing up for the meeting the most important thing. there is one member in particular who shows up to the meetings however has given a new meaning to the phrase "bump on a log". She might as well not show up herself and not worry about what the other board members are or are not doing. From what I see and hear Leonetti is actively working to help the kids. What is she doing? So far Leonetti has secured funds for ELS text books,monies for the music dept, and way off Broadway players.
    This is what School board members should be doing instead of wasting time and tax payer dollars getting even with their ememys. If you do not agee with this current board majority ,your are the enemy. I have seen first hand proof of this behavior at least three different times this past year. Do as I say or you are gone! We have lost good talent due to this ineffective imature unprofessional leadership style.
    This past year has been about personal vendettas that has cost the district much mis spent revenue. A direct result of poor leadership is the fact that the business office is in tatters, even though this current board was told repeatedly that the new Business official has failed miserabely in her attempts to control our finances .They continued to blindly support this person at the enormous cost to this district. And she was forced to resign when she realized she could no longer fool us . Is anyone talking about the fact that this new hire misrepersented herself? That the board president her BFF was told about the mess this person had created in the business office and sherefused to listen? If it weren't for Mr. Masry bailing us out we would not have a working budget in place.
    Speaking of conflict, when Mr Leonetti was considered part of the board majority there was no conflict with his wife being the audit clerk. The conflict only arose when he refused to remove Mr. Juda as school attorney.
    AND is it not a conflict that a sitting board member has two children in Global Concepts School while he is making decisions that affect our district?!?!? How can this board member objectively cast votes in our favor that may have a negative impact on his children’s school, how does that work? Sounds like this member is on the wrong school board . Shame on you Board Majority one mistake after another.

Still in violation of the regulation either way you look at it. BTW This is not misinformation. The superintendent left because of a certain board minority embarassing him at a public meeting. Outsiders are not welcome in this district because they are accountable and will not play ball with the clique.I was there and saw it first hand. I talked to the people in question after functions I attended.How come you never mention that Makeyenko has 2 kids in the FRONTIER CENTRAL SCHOOL SYSTEM maybe he's on the wrong board to. Before you say this is misinformation look on his facebook page.I am sure you will call him and get him to remove the proof!I don't blame this certian board member for sending their kid to a charter school.I would to. The kids would be harassed by certain people in the district if they went to school there. Trust me I know I have seen this first hand it's disgusting. Harassing kids because their parents whose desisions they do not agree with are on the school board and the clique that thinks they control everything take it out on the board members kids.Lackawanna at its finest! Since my relative from outside the city applied for the superintendents job and certain members skipped the interview process (there was more than one person absent because the person in question wasn't from Lackawanna) what is the use of having a superintendents search? My relative withdrew from consideration and said the whole process was a disgrace an insult and showed how disfunctional this district is! What a piss poor job your minority did there! They have the kids first my a--! BTW The dysfunctional leadership comes from Makeyenko's constant interference for city hall undermining professionals doing their jobs.Example see Dr. Wile an outsider.Your stuff is nothing but propoganda for status quo!
    Last edited by mnb811; April 11th, 2010 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Still in violation of the regulation either way you look at it. BTW This is not misinformation. The superintendent left because of a certain board minority embarassing him at a public meeting. Outsiders are not welcome in this district because they are accountable and will not play ball with the clique.I was there and saw it first hand. I talked to the people in question after functions I attended.How come you never mention that Makeyenko has 2 kids in the FRONTIER CENTRAL SCHOOL SYSTEM maybe he's on the wrong board to. Before you say this is misinformation look on his facebook page.I don't blame this certian board member for sending their kid to a charter school.I would to. The kids would be harassed by certain people in the district if they went to school there. Trust me I know I have seen this first hand it's disgusting. Harassing kids because their parents whose desisions they do not agree with are on the school board and the clique that thinks they control everything take it out on the board members kids.Lackawanna at its finest! Since my relative from outside the city applied for the superintendents job and certain members skipped the interview process (there was more than one person absent) because the person in question wasn't from Lackawanna what is the use of having a superintendents search? My relative withdrew from consideration and said the whole process was a disgrace an insult and showed how disfunctional this district is! great job your minority has the kids first my a--! BTW The dysfunctional leadership comes from Makeyenko's constant interference for city hall undermining professionals doing their jobs.Example see Dr. Wile an outsider.
    yes however not such a problem back in July 09.Also I am talking about Pat Roach not Dr Wille who left because he knew Pat Roach was going to take him down with her,he got out while the getting was good.
    Frontier is not hindering or effecting our Districts funding. Global Concepts is in direct competition with us.
    There is a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Ok what is up with the political signs out already? Our city code specifically states when they can be put out.... What gives city hall? Someone lacking in their duties ? Ron Miller is a police officer, is he above the law??
    Did you also see your partner Laurents' signs are already up? You mention Miller being above the law so I guess so is Laurent. This is much to do about nothing!

It should hinder their funding! (98 out of 100) The competition should bring out the best in everyone or the district should fail! Simple as that. Nothing personal but how can someone whose kids go to Frontier have the best interests of Lackawanna schools at heart? He only cares about jobs thats it. Jobs!JOBS! JOBS! That is all this district and city is about nothing else !The people in power do not care about anything else. I hope things change but this is Lackawanna nothing ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    And that is exactly what your school district needs, someone who will call them out. What is the deal with that guy ernie that had too big of an ego to step down so his wife could keep her job? That was a dumb move on his part, I heard she was pretty good at her job too. When will the people in Lackawanna get it? Your city is full of power hungry individuals who ruin it for the rest of the HARD working HONEST people.
    Power hungry? All I see is how much he has accomplished for our children in such a short time. If that is an example of power I hope more board members are accused of being power hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by mg1940 View Post
    Power hungry? All I see is how much he has accomplished for our children in such a short time. If that is an example of power I hope more board members are accused of being power hungry!
    This is a joke right? Doesn't everyone have to vote on things you say he did? We already have one super ego trip on this board we sure as hell do not need another!

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information