Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: stack endorsed, kennedy could still win

Unregistered

stack endorsed, kennedy could still win

many times someone who steps outside of the political arena can still win an election without being endorsed by any political party. does tim kennedy have a better chance of winning now that the democratic party endorsed bill stachowski? neighbors in my community say kennedy will do more than stack, and some say a younger person with younger ideas might be what the senate needs. food for thought, stack has been a politician longer than tim kennedy has been alive.

The more important questions is will either NOT play the role of slave to their NYC masters?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Younger, new ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by bflo_resident1 View Post
    many times someone who steps outside of the political arena can still win an election without being endorsed by any political party. does tim kennedy have a better chance of winning now that the democratic party endorsed bill stachowski? neighbors in my community say kennedy will do more than stack, and some say a younger person with younger ideas might be what the senate needs. food for thought, stack has been a politician longer than tim kennedy has been alive.
    All good fodder for discussion, but what about seniority and having a pretty strong committee to work with... Development is almost as good as Finance... and the new member will get "Traffic Lights!" Who else brings as much back to Buffalo? Look at their records, all of them, and then decide.

And think about the party endorsement- don't you think there's more to it than just rubber stamping a tired, old, poop? It's always what you guys don't know, or don't have information on, that you dig your heels in so fiercely!

Oh no, TK's spokesperson is stirring the ashes again. My pal Dougie is correct, our local delegation needs to work independent of the NYC majority (in both houses). It goes beyond one person and one race.... and TK doesn't have an original thought in his head (unless it was put there by Brian Higgins), and according to MY way of thinking, would not make it original. The "coup" he worked out in the County leg was devised by Steve Pigeon. Chris Collins and Byron Brown. TK carried the water for them, and his cohort Bove got two jobs out of it for HER friends. Hey Buffalo Res, that's getting it done, huh?
    Fully stimulated...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival View Post
    And think about the party endorsement- don't you think there's more to it than just rubber stamping a tired, old, poop? It's always what you guys don't know, or don't have information on, that you dig your heels in so fiercely!
    stack has had membership in the democratic party since 1967, appointed to an erie county legislative seat in 1974, then moved on the senate in the 80's. what have i dug into that you're defending? he put into the party many years, but it is possible for tim kennedy to beat a career politician who has been in office longer than his life span. old poop? your words, not mine. stack is a healthy guy, fit and active for his age, and has a good sense of humor from what i recall. fiercely? i just wrote what others are talking about in the community, they feel stack has been absent from our neighborhoods in all these years, they feel a younger politician might not have forgotten where they come from and what could be done might be done better with a fresh face in the senate. that's just what's in conversations i've been hearing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    TK will be a career politician... your point?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall View Post
    TK carried the water for them,
    i agree he carried water for the players. politically in bed with byron, brian, mark, but when it came down to shifting gears, brown, higgins and schroeder left him high and dry, putting all their support behind stack. i think kennedy feels one day their well is going to dry up, i've been told he's begun carrying water for himself. stirring ashes? i'm not at all a spokes person for the legislator, but when people talk i listen and what the people are saying is that they want change more than what has been in the past 3 decades under stack. it's what people are saying, i'm just the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why replace a career politician with another career politician?

Unregistered
    stack has been in for 3 decades, it's a lifetime compared to tim kennedy.

stack has been in for 3 decades, it's a lifetime compared to tim kennedy.
    If that's your main reason for voting or supporting him it's sad...
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    If that's your main reason for voting or supporting him it's sad...
    i never said who i would support between now and september. stack got the endorsement but it is possible someone can win without any endorsements. what's wrong with expressing what is talked between voters' conversations without being accused of anything?

Post Facts.

i never said who i would support between now and september. stack got the endorsement but it is possible someone can win without any endorsements. what's wrong with expressing what is talked between voters' conversations without being accused of anything?
    Yep, I agree. Alot is going to happen before the dust settles, or the Peace Bridge is built, and the blue pike come back to Lake Erie. I am going to really study all the candidates for all the races very carefully. I am always for the new comer, the underdog, and totally dislike career politicians who talk the talk and can't bring home a chicken in every pot. All seats are critical in government and the poor people just can't afford to live in New York State anymore. 1 out of 8 families get food stamps now. A college education is no guarantee for a well-paying job anymore due to the competition out there.

Mr. Kuwik was a County Legislator for over 20 years as we all know. He makes over a $100,000 now at the water gig. Years ago I kiddingly said to him, "Mr. Kuwik, when are you going to step down so that I can run?" His answer was, "Well I have another son to put through college."
    BEEP!---Wrong answer! His answer should have been,------ Well, I still want to see the business district revitalized-or lower Ridge Road come alive again.

I learned alot that day.

Lightbulb Agreed

TK: Raised to be, has been and knows no other way.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Can someone list 5 things Stach has done for WNY in the last five years?
    I honestly don't know what he has done, I'm sure there is something.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

he did help with the AFTF.
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information