Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the vote was...

So the vote was...

Thought I saw a headline on the Democratic Party public relations office locally known as ch 2 news that said the vote was against dissolution. Too bad in a way...I was looking forward to seeing what happens to the carcass. Sounds like it was not very close. Do all those people work for the Village?
    Last edited by grump; January 17th, 2017 at 11:07 PM.

3,000 to 1,165, that's quite the victory

Demand a recount. Better yet, claim that Putin hacked the system. Should've had Alec Baldwin and Assface Streisand threaten to move overseas if the Village isn't dissolved.

Unregistered
    So So glad I don't live thier anymore. Most former WNYer's I talk to here. Say that don't feel sorry for the people back in WNY, They get what they deserve

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    So So glad I don't live thier anymore. Most former WNYer's I talk to here. Say that don't feel sorry for the people back in WNY, They get what they deserve

This is a message I received on facebook from someone I knew 20 years ago...

Best thing I ever did was get out of New Yuk state.

So that person would prefer to live someplace where the losers election get their way? Under that system Hillary would be president. We're all Lucky they moved out of New York

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That person didn't know about the depew vote. He saw my name on facebook and said hi the day before. My shop was a "computer nerd hangout" in the 80's/90's. I look in the obits now just to see how many people I know that passed away. I didn't know he moved until he contacted me on facebook. I posted his quote in response to Jennifer's post.

I gotta hand it to the No group. They carefully spread quite a bit of mis-information to a lot of people. A few elderly people mentioned to me that if the Village was dissolved they would have no fire protection or police protection. I said how do you know this. There were people going door to door telling them that. You know that was a bold face lie.

The vote wasn't even close. It wasn't decided by "a few elderly people". It was defeated by an almost 3 to 1 margin. It just sounds to me like the majority of people who voted didn't want to give up their village. Or Putin hacked the referendum.

There is a fundamental reason why, since 2008, 60% of the villages to vote on this question voted against dissolution, the process puts the cart before the horse. I think it would be better to have it so the petition triggers the drafting of a dissolution plan and then the people should vote to adopt that plan or reject it.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    There is a fundamental reason why, since 2008, 60% of the villages to vote on this question voted against dissolution, the process puts the cart before the horse. I think it would be better to have it so the petition triggers the drafting of a dissolution plan and then the people should vote to adopt that plan or reject it.
    fully agree. I'm all for removing unneeded levels of gov't, but there needs to be at least a high level plan including promises from the towns on how they'll handle the absorption so that the vote is an informed vote
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That person didn't know about the depew vote. He saw my name on facebook and said hi the day before. My shop was a "computer nerd hangout" in the 80's/90's. I look in the obits now just to see how many people I know that passed away. I didn't know he moved until he contacted me on facebook. I posted his quote in response to Jennifer's post.

I gotta hand it to the No group. They carefully spread quite a bit of mis-information to a lot of people. A few elderly people mentioned to me that if the Village was dissolved they would have no fire protection or police protection. I said how do you know this. There were people going door to door telling them that. You know that was a bold face lie.
    And that their leaves and garbage wont get picked up or their streets wont get plowed or repaired (not that they are in good shape to begin with). SERVICES!!! ANARCHY!!!

It is almost amusing how the losers of an election always want to blame the outcome on stupid voters who were mislead by the winning side. I say "almost" because it is sad how much disrespect the losers have for all those who voted for the winning side (or chose to virtually vote for the winning side by not voting).

OH - you mean like the majority of Democrats in America !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It is almost amusing how the losers of an election always want to blame the outcome on stupid voters who were mislead by the winning side. I say "almost" because it is sad how much disrespect the losers have for all those who voted for the winning side (or chose to virtually vote for the winning side by not voting).
    I had no skin in the game (I don't think WNYresident does either), I just saw the whole thing logically and sensibly.... which was dissolution.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    I had no skin in the game (I don't think WNYresident does either), I just saw the whole thing logically and sensibly.... which was dissolution.
    What he said. I also don't like the elderly mislead with nonsense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information