Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Buffalo, NY a "Sanctuary City" - A safe haven for immigrants.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Make Buffalo, NY a "Sanctuary City" - A safe haven for immigrants.

Has Bryon Brown defined what he means?

A sanctuary city for people in the USA illegally? Or does me mean people who have legally became citizens?

Donald Trump's Immigration rhetoric is down right scary. This is not what the United States stands for. We are a nation founded on immigration. We must protect our immigrants and Buffalo, NY should be listed as a sanctuary city. I call on Mayor Byron Brown to make this so.

States and Cities cannot be required to enforce federal law and there's no U.S. requirement that police ask about a person's immigration status.

Keep Buffalo's progress moving forward Mr. Brown.

Sign this petition to Make Buffalo, NY A Sanctuary City.
    https://www.change.org/p/byron-brown...for-immigrants

the supporters of this should really show their generosity and offer to house, feed and clothe an immigrant family.

Unregistered
    Trump already said he's pulling all Federal Funding & aid away from all Sanctuary City's and without heavy Federal & State aid, The City of Buffalo & Buffalo's schools system will go bankrupt, If this happens, The City of Buffalo will be forced to have mass layoff's of Fire, Police & Teacher's and forget about about getting any federal funding for roads, bridges, parks & train station's and with immigrants coming expect a rise in crime, and a big increase in welfare & medicad costs. Also cuts will come to TSA, customs agents etc.. in Buffalo resulting very long wait lines at the Peace Bridge & Airport.
    Last edited by jennifer7; November 20th, 2016 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Has Bryon Brown defined what he means?
    This isn't coming from Byron Brown.

Why would someone here lawfully need "Sanctuary"?

I would believe they are then in fact talking about illegal aliens, not lawful immigrants. I agree with Dan and Jennifer. Those that support this should lead by example and open their own homes and pocketbooks to supporting these illegal visitors first before asking the rest of the community to do so.
    Besides the loss in federal funding, they also fail to learn from what is happening in Europe with how these people have been assimilating... which is not at all. They "demand" that the people of Europe change and follow their ways. Why these supporters think it would be any different here in the US is a mystery to me.

I also find it amusing that a guy who lives in Tonawanda started this petition to have the city of Buffalo become a "Sanctuary City", and not his own neighborhood. Just a little buffer zone where he could perform a progressive feel good measure but not actually have to deal with the results where he lives.

I also find it amusing that a guy who lives in Tonawanda started this petition to have the city of Buffalo become a "Sanctuary City", and not his own neighborhood. Just a little buffer zone where he could perform a progressive feel good measure but not actually have to deal with the results where he lives.
    Because he would more than likely be harassed and chased out of his home!

Poloncarz & Brown should also start by allowing these immigrants a start by allowing them to move in with them ...at their own expense! FAT CHANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Also cuts will come to TSA, customs agents etc.. in Buffalo resulting very long wait lines at the Peace Bridge & Airport.

Ooohhhh, scary bridge lines. So not true. False. A lie.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Also cuts will come to TSA, customs agents etc.. in Buffalo resulting very long wait lines at the Peace Bridge & Airport.
    Why would there be cuts at federal agencies?

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post

LOL, good catch
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    Why would someone here lawfully need "Sanctuary"?

I would believe they are then in fact talking about illegal aliens, not lawful immigrants. I agree with Dan and Jennifer. Those that support this should lead by example and open their own homes and pocketbooks to supporting these illegal visitors first before asking the rest of the community to do so.
    Besides the loss in federal funding, they also fail to learn from what is happening in Europe with how these people have been assimilating... which is not at all. They "demand" that the people of Europe change and follow their ways. Why these supporters think it would be any different here in the US is a mystery to me.

Lefties are all about Obama care, social justice, and the down trodden until they are in their neighborhood and they have to open a wallet up.....Yet they have their hands out waiting for the government to burp them.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder if Cuomo can relate to the people who cover the cost for illegal immigration. Even if it is a few dollars out of someone's pocket or the funds are coming out of another tax revenue stream in the end someone is paying the cost. When you look around and see infrastructure that needs repair or homeless people currently here I think those issues should be handled first before adding more expense to the tax payer.

Sanctuary cities should lose all federal funding
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Go read the article.

Maw Julie watched soldiers tie up and beat her father and brother, then found neighbors’ bodies in the middle of her village.

K’Paw Wah was arrested twice in Thailand just for working. He numbed his mind with Asian moonshine and, when he got to Buffalo, three 24-ounce Heinekens a night.

In refugee camps that were supposed to be havens, Maw Julie was raped and Win Han nearly choked to death by fellow refugees.

In a survey of 256 refugees from Burma, a University at Buffalo professor found that half experienced symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. That same survey found high rates of anxiety, depression and alcoholism. Yet of the 8,350 refugees from Burma who now live in Buffalo, only about 30 receive treatment from Lakeshore Behavioral Health Services, the main provider of psychiatric treatment in the West Side neighborhoods where most refugees live.
    http://projects.buffalonews.com/long.../day-four.html

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Sanctuary cities should be flooded with immigrants, legal and illegal. Send all of them there, they are so in love with failed liberal policies...

I wonder if Dallas is a sanctuary city,, hell that would break their back as they are the next to go bankrupt due to pension liabilities. Liberals give too many things away and then can't comprehend their own stupidity when they are dead broke sitting in their loaded diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Since blue states typically pay more than they get from the federal government, perhaps they are better off keeping their money in the first place.

b.b.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information