Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Projects Proposed for Buffalo

Unregistered
    Nope, But I do keep up what's going on back there and do have family & friends there, but who's patients are running thin and are thinking about leaving too. There's no way in hell we were going to work off are butts & struggle just to pay the ridiculous high taxes, that were higher then are mortgage payment just so the government workers & family's can live a luxury life style, You have to be a fool
    Last edited by jennifer7; June 12th, 2016 at 01:41 AM.

Read some of Jennifer's old posts for a taste of how troll-like he/she can get.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    There may be a point to what Jennifer says.
    No T, there is no point to what Jennifer says LOL.

Jennifer says things like:

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    If Canal side is a vibrant year round location now with thousands of people going down every week winter and summer. The cobblestone district is back alive for the first time in decades. Then why is there no private investment at Canal side ??.
    When most of the attractions at/or around canal side are owned or operated by private investors.

I suppose living in Arizona as she claims Jennifer isn't aware of The Ironworks, Lagerhause, lockhause, Helium comedy club, 716 with its long waiting list, or any of the other new places that have opened down there in the last few years.

Jennifer says:

the mini stores can't even make it and are receiving large stipends from the City just to stay open at Harbor Center. .
    Now I am not sure what a "Mini Store" store is, but there is a bidding war every year to operate the concessions at and around the inner and outer harbor..... and they pay the city to be there, not the other way around.

Jennifer says:
    The NFL keeps telling the Bills to get going on a new stadium and what do the Bills say, "we still have time".
    The buffalo bills are now owned by a Billionaire with more net worth then most NFL owners ( ranked 8th in net worth). I would say Mr. Pegula can do what ever he pleases, when he please.

But the most outrageous thing that Jennifer says is:

Key Bank is still a few months away from moving the hundreds and hundreds of Niagara First Jobs to it's HQ's in Cleveland.
    Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer..........sigh.

Last week, Key disclosed it plans to rename First Niagara Center as Key Bank Center, and to make Larkinville its Northeast regional headquarters.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...-mind-20160519

This is one of those maddening moments at speakup when you realize the person trying to start an argument with you is totally clueless about what they are talking about. Why do people do that?
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Unregistered
    Is it a troll to tell it like it is ? Read the Buffalo News today, are they being trolls because they are telling it like it is
    and your in denial or afraid to accept the truth. People like you are the reason it is what it is today and with all the
    new serious symptom's popping up lately, People are still ignoring them and thinking everything's going to be ok.
    The Government don't care, there family members are being taking care of with good government jobs & pensions
    They will just keep raising & raising the taxes until one day, you can't afford to pay the taxes and you can't sell your
    house either because the taxes are so high, no will want to buy it just like the business/commercial buildings are now.

Unregistered

Steven go back a few years when I told you American Axle was closing all 3 Buffalo Plants and again you sent me a Buffalo news link. saying American Axle was doing good and I didn't know what I was talking about. American Axle's plants in Ohio are still doing good, but the Buffalo plants are long gone . Also I told you HSBC was leaving One Seneca Place as soon as there lease's expired that they had inherited from Marine Midland and you didn't believe that either. It looks like 300 Miles & Steven must have nice government jobs & nice pensions coming and are worried that the taxpayer's might wake up one day or that soon the tax base won't be able to support the government services causing the government's to go bankrupt which will to cancel all the union contracts
    Last edited by jennifer7; June 12th, 2016 at 01:05 PM. Reason: .

Yesterday, Buffalo Common Council approved the plans to demolish the old Freezer Queen building and replace it with a 23-story condo building.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Yesterday, Buffalo Common Council approved the plans to demolish the old Freezer Queen building and replace it with a 23-story condo building.
    That's the last potential road block right?

I sure hope I am wrong about the developer not being able to pull this off.

Steven go back a few years when I told you American Axle was closing all 3 Buffalo Plants and again you sent me a Buffalo news link. saying American Axle was doing good and I didn't know what I was talking about. American Axle's plants in Ohio are still doing good, but the Buffalo plants are long gone . Also I told you HSBC was leaving One Seneca Place as soon as there lease's expired that they had inherited from Marine Midland and you didn't believe that either. It looks like 300 Miles & Steven must have nice government jobs & nice pensions coming and are worried that the taxpayer's might wake up one day or that soon the tax base won't be able to support the government services causing the government's to go bankrupt which will to cancel all the union contracts
    You're just adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    That's the last potential road block right?

I sure hope I am wrong about the developer not being able to pull this off.
    Yes, it is.

At the other end of the city, there's a new proposal for the corner of Elmwood and Forest where developers once wanted to replace about a dozen of the existing houses (currently divided into apartments and commercial spaces) with a five-story condo building that would have commercial space on the first floor. This was the same corner where developers wanted to put a boutique hotel about five years ago but ran into issues with deed covenants IIRC. It was on the 11 pm news yesterday, but I didn't see it in this morning's Buffalo News. I'll post the link when I see it.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Yes, it is.

At the other end of the city, there's a new proposal for the corner of Elmwood and Forest where developers once wanted to replace about a dozen of the existing houses (currently divided into apartments and commercial spaces) with a five-story condo building that would have commercial space on the first floor. This was the same corner where developers wanted to put a boutique hotel about five years ago but ran into issues with deed covenants IIRC. It was on the 11 pm news yesterday, but I didn't see it in this morning's Buffalo News. I'll post the link when I see it.
    I remember that hotel proposal and how sad I was it was not built. Looked at the images on BRO and it looks good.

Also watched a drone video from the Freezer Queen site. Views are simply sublime.

proposed Elmwood condos

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    proposed Elmwood condos

I know that can't do it for cost reasons but boy would it be nice if they did stone rather than brick and had copper gutters with a slate roof.

Even still that is a very handsome building.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why were builders able to use stone, copper and slate years ago? You look at how some of the buildings were made and you rarely see that anymore. Is it material cost or labor cost?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why were builders able to use stone, copper and slate years ago? You look at how some of the buildings were made and you rarely see that anymore. Is it material cost or labor cost?
    It's both material and labor. Although labor is the more challenging item.

You can source all of these materials if the price point justifies them. But to be able to find, let alone afford, the skilled labor needed to build with these materials is much more difficult. Speaking mostly to stone work.

Whatever happened to The Carlo project?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information