Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: European Terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Mohammed was a warmonger, slaver, polygamist, enjoyed blood letting of non believers, his youngest wife was 9. Liberals defend and are afraid of this garbage.
    And "Christians" justified the enslavement of other people through the story of Noah. Spare me the hypocrisy. All religions are equally screwed up. The people that subscribe to them are screwed up in varying degrees. Of course people will say that I'm screwed up because I try to avoid faith based arguments, but whatever. Science has served us pretty well for the past four hundred years or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    And "Christians" justified the enslavement of other people through the story of Noah. Spare me the hypocrisy. All religions are equally screwed up. The people that subscribe to them are screwed up in varying degrees. Of course people will say that I'm screwed up because I try to avoid faith based arguments, but whatever. Science has served us pretty well for the past four hundred years or so...
    Was hoping you could get some insight into why this is a problem TODAY by understanding the foundations of that religion. Yet burkas persist, persecution of gays, christians and non believers exist, FGM exists, corporal and capital punishment exist for seeming minor infractions ie. free speech. It is not compatible with our history and way of life.

FWIW, I am not religious. Religion for the most part was used for unification/control for secular purposes. I can say however that early Christianity seems to have been genuine.

when I see these people at home depot with the bed sheet over their heads. I go BOO and then they leave and I dont have to deal with them.. none of them should be allowed into the country.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Was hoping you could get some insight into why this is a problem TODAY by understanding the foundations of that religion. Yet burkas persist, persecution of gays, christians and non believers exist, FGM exists, corporal and capital punishment exist for seeming minor infractions ie. free speech. It is not compatible with our history and way of life.

FWIW, I am not religious. Religion for the most part was used for unification/control for secular purposes. I can say however that early Christianity seems to have been genuine.
    FGM exists in both christian and muslim religions. it's mostly a central african practice. Westboro baptists anyone? North Korea is an allegedly secular state and they carry out these kinds of persecutions with great vigor and frequency. If you are asking why people come here and cling so tightly to customs that brought their own country to ruin, why were there Salem Witch Trials? The folly is in thinking that the primate has progressed significantly in the past 400+ years (or 4000 for that matter).

FGM exists in both christian and muslim religions. it's mostly a central african practice. Westboro baptists anyone? North Korea is an allegedly secular state and they carry out these kinds of persecutions with great vigor and frequency. If you are asking why people come here and cling so tightly to customs that brought their own country to ruin, why were there Salem Witch Trials? The folly is in thinking that the primate has progressed significantly in the past 400+ years (or 4000 for that matter).
    If you are saying that Islam is ok because other civilizations practice FGM as well then I would have to say I disagree. Other examples you mention are either isolated as in NK, or were temporary.

You see what Islam needs is a reformation which occured in many other religions as cultures shifted and evolved. It is primative, base and regressive.
    Last edited by Save Us; June 19th, 2017 at 08:28 AM.

If you are saying that Islam is ok because other civilizations practice FGM as well then I would have to say I disagree. Other examples you mention are either isolated as in NK, or were temporary.

You see what Islam needs is a reformation which occured in many other religions as cultures shifted and evolved. It is primative, base and regressive.
    Islam is no more base, primitive or regressive than any of the other world religions which essentially are mythologies, all equally base, primitive and regressive. It's like asking who is more pregnant.

Islam is no more base, primitive or regressive than any of the other world religions which essentially are mythologies, all equally base, primitive and regressive. It's like asking who is more pregnant.
    You're a fool if you don't think Islam is more primitive. Maybe just sheltered on just how bad it is. All religions have issues but they are not even close to being equal in how regressive they are.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I think you are stretching your opinion a little. For the most part how many religions are still throwing gay people off of roofs, activity destroying ancient temples and activity blowing themselves up like we read in the paper?

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    You're a fool if you don't think Islam is more primitive. Maybe just sheltered on just how bad it is. All religions have issues but they are not even close to being equal in how regressive they are.
    Haha...at least my "foolishness" is supported by data, you're an idiot all on your own.

Tell me again how progressive Catholicism is...

https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-12-...illing-problem

Haha...at least my "foolishness" is supported by data, you're an idiot all on your own.

Tell me again how progressive Catholicism is...

https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-12-...illing-problem
    I didn't say Catholicism wasn't without issue you idiot. I said Islam is more primitive and regressive than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I didn't say Catholicism wasn't without issue you idiot. I said Islam is more primitive and regressive than the others.
    By what measure?

Folks, it's senseless to argue this point with the likes of Genoobie. He does what all the apologists do when confronted on a daily basis with the fact that Islam is a religion based on hate...he denigrates all religion. Really that's all they're left with in the wake of the daily headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Folks, it's senseless to argue this point with the likes of Genoobie. He does what all the apologists do when confronted on a daily basis with the fact that Islam is a religion based on hate...he denigrates all religion. Really that's all they're left with in the wake of the daily headlines.

Ya. Got baited.

We live in a time when the UN Human Rights Commission considers Isreal the worst offending human rights violator in the world today. Worse than North Korea. Worse than Syria and worse than any of the nations in the Middle East. This is the UN of course and puppets like sources...even if they are corrupt. Make no mistake...Isreal has blood on their hands but they simply don't come close to what is going on in other parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Laughable. I'm sure Christianity looks like hate-filled vitriol compared to Buddhism then right? Why not accept that Buddhism is the most peaceful religion and 83%+ Americans are hateful compared to 1.1B+ Chinese people. Your "argument" is non sequitur.

I'm sure Christianity looks like hate-filled vitriol compared to Buddhism then right?

Actually, it does idiot and that's the point.

Right now at this point in history, Islam is the most violent religion. I am talking about violence or killing in the name of religion and Islam is running away from the pack right now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information