Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peppermint Rd proposed mulching business

Originally posted by the silent majority:
    The Lancaster zoning regulations for our residences is A-R (agricultural residential). According to the Town Code any compost facility in an A-R zoning must be at least 1,500 feet from any residence, at least 1,000 feet from any highway and must sit on at least 100 acres of land. Although 31 Peppermint is zoned differently, you can see that the Town Board in the past was aware of the problems with mulch/composting facilities and tried to keep them limited and away from residences and roadways.
    Thanks for the info
    Will this be a mulching or composting operation since it hasn't been made clear what exactly the operation will be.

Georgia L Schlager

We all believe in a fair Lancaster NY . So if the political powers that be allow,change the rules, and overlook rules and laws should not that apply to ALL property owners ? Not just the friends and family ? Lafarge has been granted many favors over the years with blasting , water overflow being pumped into creeks , and the dust . Fair is fair ! Or is it ??? Watch the political election accounts grow GRow GROW ! At the front of the buffet of donations is councilman (I will be double dipping soon enough ) Abraham .

Topsoil, compost/mulch facility on 5/18/16 by 31 Peppermint.

silent majority

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Originally posted by the silent majority:

Thanks for the info
    Will this be a mulching or composting operation since it hasn't been made clear what exactly the operation will be.
    As of Thursday it is nothing. The applicant withdrew the site plan application; but has one year to file another application. Who knows what course of action this individual will take.

As Marinaccio withdrew his application and the Planning Board had no opportunity to render a recommendation to the town board , and where the town board had no opportunity to render a decision, why should one believe the town can be sued - and the residents as well?

Originally posted by Greg Sojka:
    At the front of the buffet of donations is councilman (I will be double dipping soon enough ) Abraham .
    I'd say donation buffets aren't the only buffets Abraham is in front of.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    As of Thursday it is nothing. The applicant withdrew the site plan application; but has one year to file another application. Who knows what course of action this individual will take.

As Marinaccio withdrew his application and the Planning Board had no opportunity to render a recommendation to the town board , and where the town board had no opportunity to render a decision, why should one believe the town can be sued - and the residents as well?
    The block walls were built all week, the roof frame on saturday. There aren't any permits why isn't he being stopped!

Contact the Code Enforcement Officer Matt Fischione, he will have them cease operations immediately. Take the initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by the silent majority View Post
    The block walls were built all week, the roof frame on saturday. There aren't any permits why isn't he being stopped!
    Three work stop orders have been issued. They could not have been issued until such time the property owner commenced building or production. According to the Building Inspector the materials to build a structure were present but no structure was in the process of being built. The topsoil shredding activity was shut down and there was other activity that was cited for shutdown.

Mr. Fischione started receiving calls from residents sometime late last week. Perhaps they took shortstuff's advice and took the initiative to make a phone call to the BI's office.

There's a different sheriff in the Code Enforcement office. If you see something, say something!

He has a friend in court. He can do whatever he wants till a zoning appeal in Sept.

He has a friend in court. He can do whatever he wants till a zoning appeal in Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by the silent majority View Post
    He has a friend in which court? Are you suggesting collusion?

He withdrew the application so he has no site plan approval, no permits, and can do whatever until the matter comes before the court.

In an earlier post you stated the walls were up and roof was near to going up. As of the last board meeting a code officer told me that there were building materials on site that were to be used in the event he got site plan approval. He withdrew hi application so I'm confused as to why a builder would invest time and money on a project that may have to come down.

???

Can you expand on that comment? I don't really get what you're saying.

I'm not suggesting collusion, although it is a thought. From what I understand his lawyer found a judge who suspended Matt's stop work order and is allowing them to continue to work and build until a zoning board appeal in September. I wonder if Lancaster was even notified.

Last edited by the silent majority; July 28th, 2016 at 12:40 PM. Reason: wong spot

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    He has a friend in which court? Are you suggesting collusion?

He withdrew the application so he has no site plan approval, no permits, and can do whatever until the matter comes before the court.

In an earlier post you stated the walls were up and roof was near to going up. As of the last board meeting a code officer told me that there were building materials on site that were to be used in the event he got site plan approval. He withdrew hi application so I'm confused as to why a builder would invest time and money on a project that may have to come down.
    Drive by 31 Peppermint, the storage shelter is complete except for the canvas roof. There are trucks going in and out and earth moving equipment is operating. He doesn't care.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information