Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
I'm beginning to see where you're grumpiness is coming from Grumplet. You sound like a Masiello-Giambra-Paladino henchman who's been discarded and left on the side of the economic development road by the Brown regime and the new people who are busily reshaping the city while you don't even get crumbs. Poor baby. It must chap your arse royally to see and hear good things happening in the city and region when you and your bigoted, self-serving pals are on the outside looking in.

If you're so enamored of Indianapolis, feel free to move there, but of course, we all know you'll have 999 reasons why you "can't".
The Brown regime? Really? Hate to break this to ya sweety but Erkel has the power to do dick thanks to the presence of a control board which takes over the second he falls back into the pattern of the ones you mentioned in your rant. In fact, it's largely the existence of the control board that has pushed city government out of the way. I'm not enamored of Indianapolis although it does have its attractions. I was pointing out that the stadium there can function as a convention host site and a similar model here might obviate the need to build a stand alone replacement here. Sorry to write above your level to understand. And your comment about Paladino is comical. He and guys like Dave Sweet were buying into downtown long before most of the newcomers were begging for their tax breaks to do it.