I'm helping organize a free Downtown Loft Tour that is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 26 during Old Home Week.

With seventeen developments completed containing more than 500 units and another 1,200 units in various stages of development, the public will be invited to see why an increasing number of residents are calling downtown Buffalo home. One of the primary goals of the loft tour is to increase interest in living downtown and to provide ex-pats and the public with a first-hand look at unique downtown properties, including lofts, condos, apartments and live-in workspaces.

Developers and property managers are currently being contacted to secure their support. The response has been overwhelmingly positive (ten developments already IN). They are being asked to have models or vacant units open for viewing. Occupied units will also be featured to show how people currently live downtown. Downtown’s current residents are its biggest advocates. If you, or someone you know, currently live in a downtown loft or condo and are interested in participating in the event, let me know. PM me.