I would like to know why must we support so much dead weight.

I know everyone deserves a handout to a point but after a while isn't it a drain on the community?

If people can't afford gas/electric why can't they move to states where the cost is less and not put the burden on the people that work? They can even plant gardens and curb the food stamp issues.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just give them a one way ticket to a new city? Didn't other states push thier welfare people to NYS?

We really need jobs and not necessarily high paying jobs seeing the people that are on social services don't have the education for those jobs. ALso before raising min wage, lower taxes first. The politicians use that for more votes.. Look what we did! we made people pay you more, vote for me.

I see signs almost everywhere for jobs. THe post office at $10 per hour, LOTS of minumun wages jobs. Why do people think it's beneath them to work at those places but not beneath them to milk the taxpayer of thier money? If there's an excuse i can make more sitting on my ass, then there's the problem.

Not everyone will have a chance to live in amherst, or a new division in lancaster. Perhaps you will have to purchase a home in buffalo where over all the cost of living is lower. You don't need a big house to be happy.