http://www.speakupwny.com/article_4473.shtml

“Don’t believe everything you see on the Internet and the newspaper,” said Supervisor Giza at Monday evening's Town Board work session. “I told everyone that when we tweak the budget for last meeting it was for 2010. On the Internet it was for 2011. That is not the case. Things are screwed up enough around here and miscalculations and misquotes and everything… I know a lot of things and some other people have the same information I do. Maybe I have a tendency not to give you the information.”

“Also something was said about the noise ordinance at the airport. It never came up. I can’t give you something I don’t have. This is what I am trying to get at. I attended a meeting at Buffalo Airport (Buffalo-Niagara International Airport – BNIA). I was asked to be on their Master Plan Committee. While I was there, I asked Rocky who is from Lancaster, and who I know, if there was something going on with the Buffalo-Lancaster Airport (B-LA). He said there was. They were trying to figure out a way that Lancaster airplanes could go through their airspace. And I guess I was kind of shocked because I thought the airport thing was to get them out of the B-NIA airspace. But, there was nothing ever mentioned about a noise ordinance at the B-LA) airport.”

“We talked about the possibility that Tom Geles (B-LA owner) told me about, about the airplanes going through the airspace. So how this comes by, I don’t know. All I had at the last meeting was a big book with information (B-NIA Master Plan). I don’t want people to think I am keeping back information. If I have something to share with you I will gladly do that.”

“I wish that people that didn’t really understand what’s going on would call me or at least talk to someone with knowledge before you put this stuff on the Internet or into the newspapers. It does a disservice to the whole board and the community in getting misinformation.”

Misinformation indeed. At the work session when Mr. Cavanaugh addressed the Town Board on the proposal for a flight pattern change at the Lancaster Airport, Supervisor Giza stated prior to his presentation that “we think we might have come up with a solution for the airport (B-LA).”

During his presentation Mr. Cavanaugh stated that the Lancaster Air port has been looking at ways to mitigate the noise issues. He later stated, “This will take them away from the area that has been noise sensitive.”

At that meeting Supervisor Giza spoke later on and said that as being a member of the 60 something committee reviewing the B-NIA master plan he wanted to “jump into this to get a feel of what airplanes are doing in the area so that we can come across a solution that will hopefully work out for everybody.”

No one mentioned anything about a “noise ordinance” at the airport. It was all about a proposal put forth by the Lancaster airport to change the flight pattern to abate noise issues and to divert air traffic from some homes now being impacted.