I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sick and tired of neandethrels disposing of their drink bottles on my lawn. I'm all for this legislation.

New Yorkers for Real Recycling Reform
Clean and simple

Some people in Albany want to expand the current bottle deposit law to include virtually every item in the beverage aisle - bottled waters, juices, iced teas, sports drinks and more. But the so-called "Bigger Better Bottle Bill" isn't any better. In fact, it could make things worse. It will simply become more difficult to recycle. And in the end, all you'll be left with is higher prices.

The Real Recycling Reform Coalition has a better solution. A more effective way to increase recycling is to invest in successful curbside or municipal programs. Most New Yorkers already recycle at the curb, at their municipal waste station or in their buildings. And if the programs were more available (at public places such as beaches or parks) recycling rates would climb even higher.

Send an email to your legislator and tell him or her that you support Real Recycling Reform in New York State and not the inconvenient, hidden bottle tax.

Source: http://www.realrecyclingreform.com/