Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Dishonest President

Our Dishonest President

The LA Times is in the midst of a 4 part series focusing on Trump's time in office so far and the controversies surrounding it.

Part 1. - Our Dishonest President

These are immensely dangerous developments which threaten to weaken this country’s moral standing in the world, imperil the planet and reverse years of slow but steady gains by marginalized or impoverished Americans. But, chilling as they are, these radically wrongheaded policy choices are not, in fact, the most frightening aspect of the Trump presidency.

What is most worrisome about Trump is Trump himself. He is a man so unpredictable, so reckless, so petulant, so full of blind self-regard, so untethered to reality that it is impossible to know where his presidency will lead or how much damage he will do to our nation.

Part 2. - Why Trump Lies

The insult that Donald Trump brings to the equation is an apparent disregard for fact so profound as to suggest that he may not see much practical distinction between lies, if he believes they serve him, and the truth.

His approach succeeds because of his preternaturally deft grasp of his audience. Though he is neither terribly articulate nor a seasoned politician, he has a remarkable instinct for discerning which conspiracy theories in which quasi-news source, or which of his own inner musings, will turn into ratings gold. He targets the darkness, anger and insecurity that hide in each of us and harnesses them for his own purposes. If one of his lies doesn’t work — well, then he lies about that.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Part 3. - Trump's Authoritarian Vision

Trump betrays no sense for the president’s place among the myriad of institutions in the continuum of governance. He seems willing to violate long-established political norms without a second thought, and he cavalierly rejects the civility and deference that allow the system to run smoothly. He sees himself as not merely a force for change, but as a wrecking ball.
    HipKat's Blog

Part 4. - Trump's War On Journalism

In Donald Trump’s America, the mere act of reporting news unflattering to the president is held up as evidence of bias. Journalists are slandered as “enemies of the people.”

Facts that contradict Trump’s version of reality are dismissed as “fake news.” Reporters and their news organizations are “pathetic,” “very dishonest,” “failing,” and even, in one memorable turn of phrase, "a pile of garbage.”
    HipKat's Blog

Part 5. - Conspiracy Theorist in Chief

Most people know by now that the new president of the United States trafficks in untruths and half-truths, and that his word cannot be taken at face value.

Even more troubling, though, is that much of his misinformation is of the creepiest kind. Implausible conspiracy theories from fly-by-night websites; unsubstantiated speculations from supermarket tabloids. Bigoted stories he may have simply made up; stuff he heard on TV talk shows.
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Trump is already the best President ever, The US launched 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syria military base for using nerve gas on it's people. Trump warned Syria, If you use nerve gas again on your people, I will wipe you off this planet.

There were Russians on that base.

Best President ever?? Like, better than Lincoln?? Washington?? Jefferson?
    HipKat's Blog

A lot better that the last one in the oval office and a lot more trustworthy than the one that lost the last election.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Trump is already the best President ever, The US launched 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syria military base for using nerve gas on it's people. Trump warned Syria, If you use nerve gas again on your people, I will wipe you off this planet.
    I'm sure you're serious but I don't know why. First off, I don't know how you could claim any president is the best ever after only a couple of months on the job. Secondly, I'm not seeing a whole lot of exceptional policies that would back up your claim. Firing missiles at an enemy is something probably every president has done for the last 30 years for one reason or another.

The only thing I've seen Trump do so far is to give corporate America whatever they want, including that 'wonderful' bill that the Republicans just passed and Trump just signed that allows ISPs to sell all of our internet browsing histories.

We need to get the hell out of the middle east

He blew off 40 million in missiles to ding up an empty air base which doesn't change the tactical situation one little bit. When Clinton threw missiles at Sudan and Afghanistan, he was accused of wagging the dog. What dog is Trump wagging?

b.b.

Y'all can go back and forth on what kind of President Trump is or will be. As of Monday he will have put a 49 year old Neil Gorsuch on the bench. Once sworn in it will all be worth it.

As Hugh Hewitt wrote during the campaign, “It’s the Supreme Court, Stupid.” It's possible that Trump puts one or two more on the bench. Ginsburg is 86, Kennedy is 83 and Breyer is 81 after all.

I think this is the most important issue facing our country. The Supreme Court appointments in the near future.
    The Democratic Party with the help of the liberal media will do all in their power to keep the old 3 justices on the bench until President Trump leaves office.

Unregistered
    At everyone of Trump's campaign rally's, he always mentioned how bad Upstate NYS's economy is and at his Thank You Victory Tour rallys, he said that he's going to fix OH, MI, PA IN, WV etc.. But he said NYS is so messed up because of 40+ years of Hilliary & the Democrat's that he don't think he will be able to fix it, Go to Youtube and you can listen for yourself. Now Cuomo is going to give free college tution to everyone making less then $100,000/yr

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    I think this is the most important issue facing our country. The Supreme Court appointments in the near future.
    The Democratic Party with the help of the liberal media will do all in their power to keep the old 3 justices on the bench until President Trump leaves office.
    Because Chucky Schumer threw a temper tantrum on a very qualified justice...the next judge only needs 50. He better hope those 3 can hold on. Ginsburg does not look so hot.

I sure Cuomo is looking for the support of the State Teachers Association when he runs for office the next time.
    It is a sure way to get the support of that union group by having a free tuition plan for the state collages in New York State.
    Cuomo has always supported programs that the taxpayers of this state had to cover the cost by increasing taxes or fees one way or another to cover the cost.
    One has to wonder if they should even bother work in this state. We should all just ride the gravy train.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information