Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL team owners approve Raiders' move to Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Valid point. I think it would be cool if "Buffalo" owned the Bills. You would just have to figure out how to keep the incompetent politically connected people out of the picture.
    Until it came time for the "owners" to build a new stadium......
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    NYS State taxpayers pay $2.3 million annually to the Buffalo Bills as part of the deal several years ago for the team to stay in Western New York
    Also the Erie County taxpayers also pay the Bills additional 100's of thousands annually to stay in WNY.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    NYS State taxpayers pay $2.3 million annually to the Buffalo Bills as part of the deal several years ago for the team to stay in Western New York
    Also the Erie County taxpayers also pay the Bills additional 100's of thousands annually to stay in WNY.
    a joke .
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Interesting little bit of information coming out of St. Louis. The city, the county and the Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority are suing the National Football League over the relocation of the Rams 15 months ago. The suit claims St. Louis has lost an estimated $1.85 million to $3.5 million a year in amusement and ticket tax revenue with the departure of the Rams. It says the city also has lost about $7.5 million in property tax and $1.4 million in sales tax revenue, plus 'millions' in earning taxes. The 'millions' in earning taxes is State income tax on the teams front office and player payroll.

So on the low end St. Louis is claiming a loss of $10.75m a year and millions more in payroll taxes. One can assume that WNY looks at similar numbers. Also consider that Buffalo is the only team in NYS that actually has a franchise. The Jets and Giants are located in New Jersey.

This of course is before you consider all of the revenue that is generated by games in the local economy. For example, why don't you call any local pizza shop or bar and see how much of an uptick they had in sales for Opening Day of the Bisons....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information