Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MacKay retiring from LCSD Board of Education

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Glenn Jackson

http://www.lancasterbee.com/news/201...within_MT.html

Pretty impressive creds and a Harvard graduate to boot. Sounds like a well qualified candidate seeking a Lancaster school board position.
    Wow, very impressive

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Glenn Jackson

http://www.lancasterbee.com/news/201...within_MT.html

Pretty impressive creds and a Harvard graduate to boot. Sounds like a well qualified candidate seeking a Lancaster school board position.
    M&T Bank has promoted Lancaster resident Glenn Jackson to group vice president, according to a press release.

Jackson, who has been with the company for 18 years, has most recently held the title of administrative vice president.

As the chief operating officer and senior director of programs of M&T Bank’s Buffalo Promise Neighborhood, Jackson manages a team responsible for various programing aimed at enhancing educational opportunities for children and families within the program.

The Promise Neighborhood, located in the northeast corner of Buffalo’s East Side, was formed after M&T Bank began a partnership with Buffalo Public School No. 68, extending its commitment by providing additional services that help neighborhood children from cradle to career.

Jackson joined M&T Bank in 1999 as a management development trainee and went on to hold many positions, including financial analyst, treasury asset and liability manager, and retail deposit portfolio pricing and analytics manager.

Prior to starting his current role in July, Jackson spent three years as the manager of branch network planning and analysis at M&T Bank.

In this role, he was responsible for the strategic analysis, planning and assessment of bank locations.

Jackson holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Harvard University.

An active member of the community, Jackson supports The NFJC of Western New York Inc. as board chairman and Teach for America - Buffalo as a member of its board of advisers.

In addition, Jackson currently hosts a radio show on WUFO highlighting key partnerships between M&T Bank and the WNY community.
    Harvard in economics no less, which will be good for the budget.

The following Buffalo News opinion piece – posted in today’s paper as: ‘Opting in is important’ – is spot on for a large part of the community who oppose the opt-out movement for myriad reasons:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/28/ed...ure-education/

It will be interesting to see what the opt out rate is for Lancaster this year. It was 53% last year and there is a very vocal, committed group whose goal is to achieve an even higher opt out rate because they are not satisfied with the test changes made and are far from taking the advice posted in the article’s last paragraph: Parents should encourage their children take the test.

Nargis Hossain is partnered with Melissa Studley.

https://www.facebook.com/events/269575253499258/?ti=cl

What do we know about these candidates?

Do they have children attending our schools?

Are they married or single mothers?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Wow, very impressive
    gorja, I agree I am impressed with credentials. I am favorably considering a vote for the aforementioned.

Disappointed in both these candidates gorja. Nargis was originally considering a run for the town council seat, unfortunately she changed her mind which is fine. However, Nargis has hooked her wagon to Melissa Studley who is speaking with forked tongue. Both of these candidates are telling people they are not going to revisit the Redskins issues, but to their base (which is getting smaller) they are promising them that if they win, revisiting the Redskins issues will be part of their campaign promises they will fulfil. I for one dislike the fact that they are telling two stories.

I think Nargis does not have children. Although she has an impressive background in her education, she does not have the insight into how a school system should be run that involves budgets, curriculum, staffing, unions and children/parent communications. Studley is extremely vocal at times & aggressive in her message which does not bode well in a school board setting, which is my opinion only.

IMO, we need to look at what failed in the past and make those adjustments. I find that if an aggressive campaign is launched, do it with integrity and blood sweat and tears. Bring your message to the people by not making those hypocritical promises, but say to them that you will be their voice and by crossing the isle express working together by bridging the gap with their colleagues, will be a far more impressive campaign message.

That's interestiing.

I was wondering about the house she lives in on Argus Dr.
    It is owned by a Muhammad A Hossain. Could be a father or uncle or something

The tax bill is sent to his name at the Treehaven motel in Clarence across from Samuel Grande Manor.

The property receives a Senior STAR exemption. In order to receive any STAR exemption, it must be your principal residence.

It very well could be that he has the bill sent to his business and that he does live on Argus.

I guess that's a question for the assessor, eh?

Speaking of his business. Check this out

Tree Haven Motel
    8755 Main St, Williamsville, NY
    This motel is very poorly kept. The owners watch you thru their windows throughout the day and night. I checked in, they did not do a good cleaning job. I found 5 syringes in the room, bugs under the bed. There was mold growing on the wall and the owners told us to clean it. They would ask us to help them shovel the parking lot. There is no A/C in the summer. There are no gutters on the building, so when it rains you have Niagra Falls. The bathroom is awful, and shower is moldy. It is a big drug motel. The tenants smoke pot in there rooms and outside. The owners dont care because they are getting money, and they only accept cash. I even had patrons knock on my door at 1am to borrow my truck or to take them to get there drugs. I refused and they got mad at me and treated me bad. I told the owners and they didnt care. They allowed one of the druggies to move back. I didnt feel safe there. There are no phones or smoke detectors in the room.The owners know about the drugs but dont care. They have there two young grandchildren living with them and they are both under 8 years old. This is a druggies paradise. If this is for you ask for Hena or Nargis.

Georgia L Schlager

And of course, on the Argus property, the 2016 Town/county taxes still have a balance due, likewise with the 2017 Town/county taxes.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I will be the first to admit when I am wrong, and regarding the candidates running for the school board, it was specifically brought to my attention that there are three candidates with the intent if elected, to bring back the Redskins name. I am (although it was wrong to make such a process to change with collateral damage), returning back to that topic is a non-starter for those who wish to revisit the issue. If this is truly the case, my stance is to oppose those candidates who wish to bring back the name Redskins. I have become comfortable now with Legends. This would be considered political suicide.

Shortstuff, that is absolutely untrue. It has been stated time and time again and if anyone would like to read the bio's of these two ladies and are on facebook go to Lancaster Kids First. The redskins name iS MOOT people. Shortstuff, I'm not yelling at you.. I'm so darn sick and tired of this. Their platform is NOT ABOUT A NAME. It hasn't been for two years. Good grief, millions were wasted to remove the name. These two women whom I know very well through other avenues in my life are too fiscally responsible to even fathom wasting more money to bring it bank. They are more concerned on fiscal responsibility, transparency first, and so much more than a name. The3ir platforms have been posted in this thread by others or maybe not. if I can figure out how to get it on this blog I will. Read it for yourselves if you're on facebook. Better yet folks meet them at their Meet Nargis & Melissa at Tim Hortons! They are open and honest and willing to discuss their board run with anyone, and that means anyone

Marital status and if people have or do not have children is their personal business. We don't know everyone's personal lives

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    Shortstuff, that is absolutely untrue. It has been stated time and time again and if anyone would like to read the bio's of these two ladies and are on facebook go to Lancaster Kids First. The redskins name iS MOOT people. Shortstuff, I'm not yelling at you.. I'm so darn sick and tired of this. Their platform is NOT ABOUT A NAME. It hasn't been for two years. Good grief, millions were wasted to remove the name. These two women whom I know very well through other avenues in my life are too fiscally responsible to even fathom wasting more money to bring it bank. They are more concerned on fiscal responsibility, transparency first, and so much more than a name. The3ir platforms have been posted in this thread by others or maybe not. if I can figure out how to get it on this blog I will. Read it for yourselves if you're on facebook. Better yet folks meet them at their Meet Nargis & Melissa at Tim Hortons! They are open and honest and willing to discuss their board run with anyone, and that means anyone
    =============== ========

IMO I think you are naive to believe that the mascot is not their motivation.

Regardless of whether you agree with the statement, I think the meet and greet is an indication to the public's support.

It is my understanding that two people decided to go to the meet and greet, and that appears to be the transparency around their message. The public is not interested in their veiled message.

Of more concern to me than the Redskins name would be what is their opinion of Dr. Vallely.

Melissa Studley is married. I'm not aware if she has kids or not but I don't believe she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    Of more concern to me than the Redskins name would be what is their opinion of Dr. Vallely.

Melissa Studley is married. I'm not aware if she has kids or not but I don't believe she does.
    Nate, stop on out tomorrow night at Tim Hortons, Aurora and Walden and talk to your classmate and Nargis. Speak to them face to face instead of talking about them behind a keyboard. Ask your questions there. I invite everyone to. 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. They are doing this so people can ask questions one on one and have conversations with them. THE REDSKINS NAME IS DEAD AND I AM NOT NAIVE GEOFF. I know them very well.

Quote Originally Posted by lord Geof View Post
    =============== ========

IMO I think you are naive to believe that the mascot is not their motivation.

Regardless of whether you agree with the statement, I think the meet and greet is an indication to the public's support.

It is my understanding that two people decided to go to the meet and greet, and that appears to be the transparency around their message. The public is not interested in their veiled message.
    Naïve, no, not at all. Smart enough to know the truth and not believe what is blogged by people who don't know these ladies. I ask you also to stop on out, talk to them, don't presume what you know to be a platform. Sit down, ask questions, get answers that's the adult way to do it. Hold a conversation. Many aren't on facebook and didn't know about the event Share the news, word of mouth goes a long way. Rumors spread, defamation by people in general is hurtful, disgraceful and rude. Tim Hortons Thursday night, William and Aurora 5:30 to 6:30 p.m Open, honest conversation. Try it out anyone

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information