Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boycott New Tim Hortons. Cheektowaga

Boycott New Tim Hortons. Cheektowaga

The new Tim Hortons that just opened up on Dick Rd does not offer a senior citizens discount.

Went there there the other day with a few packers and the manger said no discount for seniors or vets. He said that's what the owner wants. I have went to a lot of hortons in state and out and the NYS thruway all have given the discount.

The owner of this Hortons is a goofball named Freddy Sam. Looks like Freddy wants to be a million air fast.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    The new Tim Hortons that just opened up on Dick Rd does not offer a senior citizens discount.

Went there there the other day with a few packers and the manger said no discount for seniors or vets. He said that's what the owner wants. I have went to a lot of hortons in state and out and the NYS thruway all have given the discount.

The owner of this Hortons is a goofball named Freddy Sam. Looks like Freddy wants to be a million air fast.

Good. There is no reason for old people to get discounts on coffee and doughnuts or any of the thousands of things they do.

Stay home if you can't afford to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post

Good for him, who wants a table full of old farts milking a cheap coffee all morning while they bitch about politics 😃

I never did understand the senior discount... at 10% your essentially getting whatever it is tax free. what makes you so special?

Plus as a private business, should he not be allowed to run his business the way he chooses as long as he abides by the franchise contract?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Wait...Tim Hortons has a senior discount??

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Good for him, who wants a table full of old farts milking a cheap coffee all morning while they bitch about politics 😃
    HEY...Someday you'll be old too...on a limited income...hoping to make your dollar stretch... while you bide your time and enjoy what seemingly hope that will never come...your demise!

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    I never did understand the senior discount... at 10% your essentially getting whatever it is tax free. what makes you so special?

Plus as a private business, should he not be allowed to run his business the way he chooses as long as he abides by the franchise contract?
    Then I guess that same rule should apply to those who choose to give a senior discount as well, true? I wouldn't drink Tim Horton coffee if they gave to me free because I think it's lousy. Others are free to disagree. Why don't you boycott every place that gives a senior discount; that will teach them. Your phone will be ringing off the hook with retailers begging your forgiveness and promising to charge seniors double the normal price if only you'll return as a customer.

Who the hell spends all morning at a Tim Hortons. I have to get to Denny's and then make sure I'm home in time for Matlock!

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    HEY...Someday you'll be old too...on a limited income...hoping to make your dollar stretch... while you bide your time and enjoy what seemingly hope that will never come...your demise!
    well if they're trying to make their dollar stretch they should make coffee at home. Even with the discount timmy hos would be much more expensive
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    well if they're trying to make their dollar stretch they should make coffee at home. Even with the discount timmy hos would be much more expensive
    I could never leave the house in the morning without 2 or 3 cups of coffee before exercising and showering. I buy Timmy Ho's 32 oz can and make my own. I have never bought a cup of coffee through a drive through and only drank a cup of coffee in Timmy Ho's one time in my life.

Georgia L Schlager

Cheeks, I went there this morning and asked for the discount they said no! I left. Screw Hortons you can go Micky D's get any size coffee for a buck. Hortons just raised all there prices and this new Hortons raised prices more than other locations.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

Good for him, who wants a table full of old farts milking a cheap coffee all morning while they bitch about politics ��
    55 isn't old.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

I'll bet you classify senior citizens in the same category as Illegal Immigrants!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    55 isn't old.
    I know a couple guys in their mid 50's who are in better shape than most guys in their 20's.

55 is an oddly low threshold for "senior".

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post

2 words - limited or fixed income and to not offer something to Vets is a disgrace. I say boycott the place, too
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information