Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Seneca - Buffalo Concrete Crushing Permit

West Seneca - Buffalo Concrete Crushing Permit

Important meeting for those against the proposed zoning change at 422 Mineral Springs Rd. in West Seneca (border of Buffalo by South Ogden), it's at 7:00 PM at the West Seneca Town Hall at 1250 Union Rd. on Thursday 3/9/2017 with the Planning Board. ALL interested parties should show up for this meeting as the zoning change is for a concrete crushing, storage, equipment, etc. on this property leading all the way through the wet lands to the Buffalo River. This company has mucho bucks & the operation is 24/7, very very noisy, dirty, dusty & will devalue ALL the homes on both sides of the river & even across Harlem Rd. Please attend, or call your councilmen, legislators, town official as this will drive you out of this area IF, IF you can even sell your home with this mess.
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

I noticed that they are asking to re-zone 21+ acres which makes this a Type 1 action under SEQRA, but they only completed a Short Environmental Assessment Form. Also West Seneca Town Code § 120-21(C)(1)(b) prohibits "Dissemination of atmospheric pollutant, noise, vibration or odor beyond the boundaries of the premises on which such use is located." http://westseneca.net/sites/default/...0222131455.pdf

It also appears that this is within 500 feet of the border with the City of Buffalo and is required to be referred to the County for their approval first pursuant to General Municipal Law § 239-m(3)(b)(i).
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    I noticed that they are asking to re-zone 21+ acres which makes this a Type 1 action under SEQRA, but they only completed a Short Environmental Assessment Form. Also West Seneca Town Code § 120-21(C)(1)(b) prohibits "Dissemination of atmospheric pollutant, noise, vibration or odor beyond the boundaries of the premises on which such use is located." http://westseneca.net/sites/default/...0222131455.pdf

It also appears that this is within 500 feet of the border with the City of Buffalo and is required to be referred to the County for their approval first pursuant to General Municipal Law § 239-m(3)(b)(i).
    Thank you "DT", I will bring this info to the town meeting Thursday, hopefully this company with "deep pockets" & West Seneca & we the neighbors can come to a compromise that won't affect our property values !!
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

An additional reason it is required to be referred to the County is the Mineral Springs Road is a County Road.

See: http://www2.erie.gov/environment/index.php?q=planning-0
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

An additional reason it is required to be referred to the County is the Mineral Springs Road is a County Road.

See: http://www2.erie.gov/environment/index.php?q=planning-0
    Thank you "DT", more "ammo" for this WS town meeting, their Planning Board !!

On Facebook West Seneca Town Board member Gene Hart posted:

Your comment about "pocket" book is offensive, the owner has the right to apply for a variance and have a hearing. Approval by the planning board is far from certain, nor is approval by the town board is far from certain. There are real concerns and your elected and appointed officials will do everything to protect you and the public
    In response I posted:

While I do not believe that anything nefarious is afoot in this process I truly do not believe that our elected and appointed officials are doing everything to protect us citizens which fuels the suspicion that such is the case. This is not limited to the current administration and public servants of our town. This can be demonstrated by the number of times the Town of West Seneca while acting as lead agency under SEQRA required a developer or applicant to complete a DEIS. None comes to mind since 2007 when I began monitoring what my town is doing and it is my understanding that this was required only once in the early 80s. This is a Type 1 action under SEQRA in that is is seeking to rezone more than 10 acres. There are a number of concerns with this proposed use as far as noise, particulates in the air, etc. It is within 500 feet of the city line, within eye sight of a high school, near a waterway and all the applicant submitted was a Short Environmental Assessment Form! Not to mention this must be referred to the Erie County Department of Environment and Planning since it is within 500 feet of the city line and Mineral Springs Road is a county road. Perhaps if our elected leaders made more of these actions subject to a more thorough environmental review concerns can be addressed and understandings reached.
    Interestingly I saw (I believe on Channel 2) and interview Gene Hart did wherein he stated that Oakgrove wants this temporarily for the work it is doing on Harlem Road, however that is in none of Oak Grove's submissions that I have seen.

My remark regarding "deep pockets" is the generalized feeling amongst the residents, not naming the town board or town officials as suspect, just that the company has a lot of money for the best lawyers, environmental experts, etc. to find ways to get what they want. We residents are just finding out about this, but it's very important to our qualities of life. I guarantee no one in this company lives next to something like this, but it's not meant against town officials, I'm sorry for myself & other nearby residents if you took it this way...

On Facebook West Seneca Town Board member Gene Hart posted:

In response I posted:

Interestingly I saw (I believe on Channel 2) and interview Gene Hart did wherein he stated that Oakgrove wants this temporarily for the work it is doing on Harlem Road, however that is in none of Oak Grove's submissions that I have seen.
    Interesting "DT", one can never fully trust politicians, WS has rec'd quite a negative view & opinions from many dealing with them, meaning "us" "common" citizens....

Application Pulled

"DT", many, many folks showed up for this meeting, the concrete co. had a few "union boys" there, BUT pulled their application so the West Seneca Board wouldn't hear any statements, but many screamed & hollered & finally the Board let Lovejoy Councilman Rich Fontana speak. He was eloquent & awesome, pointing out that this company already has crushed concrete & admitted it on one of the local news shows, will ask the company to be fined. I think Gene Hart is anti this type of company, so this company will come back, reapply & hope people don't show up or get to know about it smh...

I saw the video posted on Facebook by the Kaisertown Coalition and received a number of phone calls to tell me how things went, I had a wake to attend so I was not able to attend myself. We need to keep the pressure up and in the meantime I am going to investigate some things that came to light tonight.

I saw the video posted on Facebook by the Kaisertown Coalition and received a number of phone calls to tell me how things went, I had a wake to attend so I was not able to attend myself. We need to keep the pressure up and in the meantime I am going to investigate some things that came to light tonight.
    One very important piece of info is that there's a petroleum'gasoline line running under the Buffalo River possibly on this property ? I'm trying to get the pipeline map, something the company (Enbridge) may be reluctant to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    One very important piece of info is that there's a petroleum'gasoline line running under the Buffalo River possibly on this property ? I'm trying to get the pipeline map, something the company (Enbridge) may be reluctant to do ?
    I found this description but it's not a map from http://bnriverkeeper.org/wp-content/...enway_1996.pdf

SITE #5 MONGOVAN PARK DEVELOPMENT· SENECA BABCOCK
    NEIGHBORHOOD LINK
    The purpose of this site study is to provide the Seneca-Babcock neighborhood a
    major waterfront park as access to the Buffalo River and the Buffalo River
    Greenway Trail.

A gas pipeline bisects both sites as it runs from the Mobil Oil tank farm to the
    utility bridge east of the restaurant abutting the site. This bridge will soon be
    abandoned and the line extended east to cross the river at the new Seneca Street
    bridge.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I found this description but it's not a map from http://bnriverkeeper.org/wp-content/...enway_1996.pdf
    Thank you Gorja, from what I read, this is mostly the Seneca/Babcock area, we're at the Buffalo/West Seneca border, this proposed concrete crushing facility would be right directly across the river from, sadly their plans show a run-off INTO the Buffalo River ? I thought those days were over ?!

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    Thank you Gorja, from what I read, this is mostly the Seneca/Babcock area, we're at the Buffalo/West Seneca border, this proposed concrete crushing facility would be right directly across the river from, sadly their plans show a run-off INTO the Buffalo River ? I thought those days were over ?!
    Sorry, I don't know the area. Don't travel west of Transit much. Just saw 'pipeline' and 'Buffalo River'. Oooops

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Sorry, I don't know the area. Don't travel west of Transit much. Just saw 'pipeline' and 'Buffalo River'. Oooops
    Not a problem, thank you for your research & input "gorja" !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information