Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHAT...NO DCO report again

Gorge...who read the report, and why?...could it be that someone is actually starting to pay attention and demand accountability in the DCO office...

Matt read it. I suppose because Dog control is his baby and the report had already been submitted

Good job, Matt in keeping the residents informed

Georgia L Schlager

Hey Mike:

As one animal lover to another, I understand your concern for accountability in the Dog Control Department but your fixation regarding on time dog control reports is unwarranted considering the amount of personal effort and material/equipment work that has been done to improve the dog seizure operation, provision of four heated / air conditioned kennels to harbor the dogs until retrieval by dog owners and the attempt made to get strays adopted. The police are also more involved in the operation than in the past. Councilman Matt Walter has done an excellent job of overseeing the operation.

Despite getting DCO reports a month late at times, they do become available. That is more than I can say about getting any information regarding the serious opioid/heroin addiction taking place in Lancaster – regarding number of occurrences, resulting deaths and public information at the Town Board level to inform the public on the seriousness of the substance abuse problems in Lancaster and where to seek help. This is a tragedy that is nationwide and where in certain municipalities the aforementioned data is made known; not in Lancaster.

The Town’s updated website was created to allow for departments to provide operational information for public review. The website would be a perfect place to publish the information you and I seek. It also brings transparency and stifles speculation and unfounded allegations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information