Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boycotting the Academy Awards show

Boycotting the Academy Awards show

Are you one of the many Americans who are tired of the useless protests, their violence and hateful speech and the mean-spirited bloviating of the celebrity world?

Are you of the mind to push back and stop attending celebrity concerts, events and television award shows that take away from the entertainment intention and allow for political commentary?

Many outside the left have started playing the same game of fiscal intimidation practiced by the left by boycotting events of those so-called social warriors who mouth tolerance and inclusion but practice the most hateful identity politics.

I have stopped watching the late night talk shows months ago, SNL, going to movies, etc. Public figures are open game for criticism. These people cross the decency line. And when Trump dares to push back, they are offended and naturally label him deranged, non-presidential, unhinged and impeachable.

Kind of stupid you say? Yeah, but isn’t everything else that is going on just as stupid?

Fallon seems to stay pretty neutral, obviously we know where Colbert sits though.

Received this email today. Well said indeed.

Boycott The Oscars - Well Said!

The 89th showing of the Academy Awards is coming up on February 26th. It is important that we, the deplorable, show the likes of Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence, Alec Baldwin, Cher, Ashley Judd, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and the other arrogant hypocrites, that we, the backbone and decent people of America, are more united than the bitter, unhappy, angry, divisive people of the entertainment industry.

These arrogant, pompous, pampered soulless individuals declare that half of Americans are racist, sexist, and bigoted for voicing our political choice through Donald Trump. Yet there can be no doubt that the entertainment industry does more to exploit, degrade, minimize, and stereotype women than Donald Trump or any other industry ever has.

From Madonna and Miley Cyrus parading on stage with little to no clothing while grabbing their crotches and allowing fans to do the same, to movies that depict women as whores, sluts, and gold-diggers dependent on their bodies for survival, to the deplorable speeches of Madonna and Ashley Judd talking about their periods in a vile manner and talking about blowing up the White House, we must send these evil-hearted people a strong and distinct message that they do not speak for the women of this country and they are not the role models of our young daughters.

The wearing of pink does not negate the black hearts that these people have for our country and our Constitution. Nor does it negate the disdain and contempt they have for the American people and our political process.

In recent social media threads, the good people of this nation are calling for a full boycott of the entertainment industry for this unwarranted and outrageous display of petulant behavior. Some in the entertainment industry are mocking us saying, "Go ahead, we don't need you trailer trash racists."

That may be true, but these people do need our green dollars. It is important that we send a strong and powerful message to this group telling them to stick to their make believe jobs and to leave the politics of this country to the people, just as our wise and forward thinking forefathers designed.

This will only be effective if we show the same unity we exhibited during the election. Yet how powerful will it be when the ratings for the Academy Awards fall in the toilet. It is only for a couple of hours and requires very little effort. When this happens, the arrogant entertainment industry will understand just how insignificant and powerless they are.

I am so proud of my fellow Americans who stood up and said, "Enough is Enough." Michelle may have only been proud of this country once in her life, but we the patriots have never lost our love and pride in America. The left is now up to their old tricks trying to bully the rest of us into feeling guilty.

Let them know that their selfish, vulgar, and unpatriotic behavior over this past week will not be tolerated. Let them know that we will not be silenced and that we are no longer going to be shamed for what we believe. We must continue the fight. We must shut them down now. We must show them that America will be great again no matter how filthy and disgusting they become.

Boycott the Academy Awards on February 26, 2017.

I haven't watched the Academy Awards in probably 30 years, but maybe I will this year because of this latest Lee Chowaniec rant.
    Last edited by Breezy; February 22nd, 2017 at 08:56 PM.

I haven't watched the Academy Awards in probably 30 years, and since Hollywood celebrities now like to use that venue to go rogue and off-topic to spew their political views, I am very happy to know I have not been wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Received this email today. Well said indeed.

Boycott The Oscars - Well Said!

The 89th showing of the Academy Awards is coming up on February 26th. It is important that we, the deplorable, show the likes of Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence, Alec Baldwin, Cher, Ashley Judd, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and the other arrogant hypocrites, that we, the backbone and decent people of America, are more united than the bitter, unhappy, angry, divisive people of the entertainment industry.

These arrogant, pompous, pampered soulless individuals declare that half of Americans are racist, sexist, and bigoted for voicing our political choice through Donald Trump. Yet there can be no doubt that the entertainment industry does more to exploit, degrade, minimize, and stereotype women than Donald Trump or any other industry ever has.

From Madonna and Miley Cyrus parading on stage with little to no clothing while grabbing their crotches and allowing fans to do the same, to movies that depict women as whores, sluts, and gold-diggers dependent on their bodies for survival, to the deplorable speeches of Madonna and Ashley Judd talking about their periods in a vile manner and talking about blowing up the White House, we must send these evil-hearted people a strong and distinct message that they do not speak for the women of this country and they are not the role models of our young daughters.

The wearing of pink does not negate the black hearts that these people have for our country and our Constitution. Nor does it negate the disdain and contempt they have for the American people and our political process.

In recent social media threads, the good people of this nation are calling for a full boycott of the entertainment industry for this unwarranted and outrageous display of petulant behavior. Some in the entertainment industry are mocking us saying, "Go ahead, we don't need you trailer trash racists."

That may be true, but these people do need our green dollars. It is important that we send a strong and powerful message to this group telling them to stick to their make believe jobs and to leave the politics of this country to the people, just as our wise and forward thinking forefathers designed.

This will only be effective if we show the same unity we exhibited during the election. Yet how powerful will it be when the ratings for the Academy Awards fall in the toilet. It is only for a couple of hours and requires very little effort. When this happens, the arrogant entertainment industry will understand just how insignificant and powerless they are.

I am so proud of my fellow Americans who stood up and said, "Enough is Enough." Michelle may have only been proud of this country once in her life, but we the patriots have never lost our love and pride in America. The left is now up to their old tricks trying to bully the rest of us into feeling guilty.

Let them know that their selfish, vulgar, and unpatriotic behavior over this past week will not be tolerated. Let them know that we will not be silenced and that we are no longer going to be shamed for what we believe. We must continue the fight. We must shut them down now. We must show them that America will be great again no matter how filthy and disgusting they become.

Boycott the Academy Awards on February 26, 2017.
    There's a lot of irony in this post offered by Lee Chowaniec, with the letter by Anonymous, an interesting name for sure. Hmmmmmm, where did I see that name on here before? Maybe Greg S., Mark B., or someone else could chime in on this name.

And it's a great letter for Anonymous' side, by the way.

Sure, I can't agree but gotta give Anonymous a shout out.

Interesting how Lee and some of the others prohibit any political capital gains from postings where the true name is withheld - of course it looks like Lee has no problem when he approves the content. What's that all about?

Kind of hypocritical, gotta say.

Then you have to consider the vitriolic tone, no offense here of course, but seems like the kind of content that Lee has labeled unsuitable on many occasions.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    There's a lot of irony in this post offered by Lee Chowaniec, with the letter by Anonymous, an interesting name for sure. Hmmmmmm, where did I see that name on here before? Maybe Greg S., Mark B., or someone else could chime in on this name.

And it's a great letter for Anonymous' side, by the way.

Sure, I can't agree but gotta give Anonymous a shout out.

Interesting how Lee and some of the others prohibit any political capital gains from postings where the true name is withheld - of course it looks like Lee has no problem when he approves the content. What's that all about?

Kind of hypocritical, gotta say.

Then you have to consider the vitriolic tone, no offense here of course, but seems like the kind of content that Lee has labeled unsuitable on many occasions.

Interesting.
    Lame, Breezy; a lame analogy.

Where does the word anonymous appear in the post or in any way giving credit for the post’s legitimacy? I simply stated it was an email sent me and that I agreed with its content – “Well said indeed,” were my words.

Your ‘anonymous’ claim and reference to two individuals as perceived sources for the anonymous claim is ludicrous. But then “guilt by association” character assassination is your forte; not facts.

You dare mention vitriolic tone after hearing the comments, name calling and hateful rhetoric of the Hollywood loons? Seriously?

Come on Breezy, this is sleazy even for you and quite a baseless reach.

Where does the word anonymous appear in the post or in any way giving credit for the post’s legitimacy? I simply stated it was an email sent me and that I agreed with its content – “Well said indeed,” were my words.

Your ‘anonymous’ claim and reference to two individuals as perceived sources for the anonymous claim is ludicrous. But then “guilt by association” character assassination is your forte; not facts.

You dare mention vitriolic tone after hearing the comments, name calling and hateful rhetoric of the Hollywood loons? Seriously?

Breezy,

Coming from someone who writes under an unidentifiable handle, your stated concerns are really disingenuous. That being said, you sure do have a thirst for the cloak and dagger.

(Perhaps it is an excessive exposure to all of those "genius" strategy sessions during which the "well orchestrated" coups are planned?)

Nevertheless, to assuage your concerns, and to save you from another embarrassing Captain Queeg-like rant, I'll straighten this mystery out for you. No, I did not send Mr. Lee the letter.

BUT I WISH I HAD.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 24th, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Breezy,

Coming from someone who writes under an unidentifiable handle, your stated concerns are really disingenuous. That being said, you sure do have a thirst for the cloak and dagger.

(Perhaps it is an excessive exposure to all of those "genius" strategy sessions during which the "well orchestrated" coups are planned?)

Nevertheless, to assuage your concerns, and to save you from another embarrassing Captain Queeg-like rant, I'll straighten this mystery out for you. No, I did not send Mr. Lee the letter.

BUT I WISH I HAD.
    I really think you, Mark, and Lee need to take a reading comprehension course, as I thought my post was pretty clear.

I applaud the letter Lee posted from someone, though I don't agree (like I said), I applaud the writer for the comments standing up for what the person believes.

I NEVER had a problem with people not using their name - as my post said, so it seems strange that one again Lee and you misrepresent my post.

It's funny watching Lee squirm every time his hypocrisy is pointed out!

LOL

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is such a none topic. Why does anyone care about rich actors patting themselves on the back?

I really think you, Mark, and Lee need to take a reading comprehension course, as I thought my post was pretty clear.

I applaud the letter Lee posted from someone, though I don't agree (like I said), I applaud the writer for the comments standing up for what the person believes.

I NEVER had a problem with people not using their name - as my post said, so it seems strange that one again Lee and you misrepresent my post.
    Oh, perhaps the "Hmmmmm" was not added in irony. Whatever.

However, if the intended meaning of "Anonymous" did not concern a specific person, why was it capitalized? For Heaven's sake, get a style book!

I boycott it every year because it's boring and nothing but a celebrity circle jerk
    you can watch the tv show for 3+ hours and not see every award or go on the internet the next morning for 5 minutes and see every category's winner and not just the big categories that make the tv broadcast
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

It's funny watching Lee squirm every time his hypocrisy is pointed out!

LOL
    Nah, no squirm. Unlike you I am not engaged in party politics and outcomes - just give my opinion. As I always say, "With rare exception they all (politicos) suck." After an election I move on.

What I find so-called funny is your inconsistent writing mannerisms and positions. It's almost like trying to respond to a dual personality; or maybe two different posters. Just saying.

I think the party endorsements and primaries will be just as contentious and interesting as this year's election.

Can't wait to see who you are going to savage!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I boycott it every year because it's boring and nothing but a celebrity circle jerk
    you can watch the tv show for 3+ hours and not see every award or go on the internet the next morning for 5 minutes and see every category's winner and not just the big categories that make the tv broadcast
    I couldn't agree more. George C. Scott pretty much noted that when he refused at accept his Oscar in 1971 for his role in "PATTON." Scott, if I'm remembering and dating myself correctly, called it something on the order of a "contrived meat parade." Scott's concern was not political commentary, but a lust for money on the part of Hollywood and the networks.

The 1973 Academy Awards was interesting with the nomination of Charlie Chaplin for "Best Original Score" for almost a twenty-year old movie. Many feel that it was a thinly-veiled attempt by Hollywood to rehabilitate the Chaplin reputation which was, in some minds, tarnished during the McCarthy years.

But, the greatest Oscar event of them all: 1981. That year, the Academy was forced to postpone it's dog and pony show for a day because of something that had happened to a B actor that many in Hollywood viewed with disdain.

As always, you stole the the show Mr. President. I was thrilled at the delay, and grateful for your recovery.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 24th, 2017 at 07:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information