Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Robery Stopped BUT Homeowner charged

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    What's that word I'm looking for here???

Oh Yeah! Assumption, Assumption, Assumption!
    Where's the assumption?
    The vehicle was fleeing, and he fired 15 shots. You read the article, right?

I said neighbor {/slash/} (possible) witness. All Cherry's neighbors are possible witnesses until the police interview them and determine if they have any usable information concerning the event. Even you have to know this is standard investigative procedure... even if your only exposure into how investigations are done is from having watched cop shows. Please don't be obtuse, and try to tell me you don't have enough common sense to figure that out, even if you don't own a TV.

And here's one thing I've noticed about people I've done witness interviews with as a private investigator. People love to talk, especially about someone else.
    I've had even the most closed-mouth of neighbors suddenly become a fountain of information when they think they have the inside track on something they find as interesting as an investigation, mostly because they can't help but want to be a part of it.
    So when a subject (a neighbor, a witness, whatever) indicates they might have knowledge of an incident, but says they're not inclined to reveal the information they have. Its a pretty good sign that they are still being interviewed by the police and its not in their best interest to speak with you about it until the police allow them to... otherwise they'd be sharing what they know.
    I've only been doing this sort of thing on and off for about 20 years, so I guess I could be wrong.

And as for the name calling... I do believe you were the one that started labeling people as "delusional", which is where I also believe Keyboard started to take offense. Personally, I couldn't care less that you labeled me as such, but I suppose others might look at it as derogatory.
    That's exactly why. I could care less if someone disagrees with me, that's the entire draw of having a forum like this.

But if they're going to be a prick about it, then that's an entirely different story.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    But if they're going to be a prick about it, then that's an entirely different story.
    I can practically smell your soiled panties from here. Relax, Francis. It's a website, with typed out words. You can't let this place or it's memebers bother you.
    Hell, once somebody (like say therising or me) sees they've gotten to you they'll remember it, and continue doing it until you get thicker skin or ignore them.

Cherry was in a jam, and I can't say whether I would have done the same, worse, or better. What I can say is if I did what he did I'd expect be in some hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    I can practically smell your soiled panties from here. Relax, Francis. It's a website, with typed out words. You can't let this place or it's memebers bother you.
    Hell, once somebody (like say therising or me) sees they've gotten to you they'll remember it, and continue doing it until you get thicker skin or ignore them.

Cherry was in a jam, and I can't say whether I would have done the same, worse, or better. What I can say is if I did what he did I'd expect be in some hot water.
    Having a bad day. Sorry. Sorry all.

I'm not saying here the police were wrong in arresting him. Yes, they should, that's their job.
    I'm talking about in the long term, I strongly believe he did what he had to do, and he should be exonerated for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Where's the assumption?
    The vehicle was fleeing, and he fired 15 shots. You read the article, right?

Must.... Tweak.... Fishy.... Must.... Tweak.... Fishy..... No, no... must use control. That's it... the urge is subsiding now...

Yup.

Just pointing out that unless you are there, having witnessed it or actively performing the investigation, a news article is not really any more reliable than what some supposed neighbor posted in this tread.

Just pointing out that unless you are there, having witnessed it or actively performing the investigation, a news article is not really any more reliable than what some supposed neighbor posted in this tread.
    What therising said was the same thing Cherry claimed. Cherry claimed he shot 15 times (the word from the fuzz is that 14 hit), and he claimed he shot as the thug was trying to escape.

I can't be "tweaked" because those of us that are always right are untweakable. It's a burden for sure. One many of you will thankfully never have to bear...

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    You must realize how absurd it is to think that the Buffalo News is a reliable source of information.

So tell me which is more absurd:

a) You -- Assuming that some poster who says he knows Cherry is probably also a neighbor, and was probably a witness (even though the poster never said either.)
    or
    b) Me - assuming that the story, as reported to the News by the police, was probably true

I'll give it that maybe I'm giving the News too much credit, but your wild imagination is ridiculous.

therising,
    You didn't assume anything. You repeated exactly what Cherry said he did, and exactly what the News is reporting. There is no assumption on your part.
    He fired 15 shots at a fleeing car. That's not an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    So tell me which is more absurd:

a) You -- Assuming that some poster who says he knows Cherry is probably also a neighbor, and was probably a witness (even though the poster never said either.)
    or
    b) Me - assuming that the story, as reported to the News by the police, was probably true

I'll give it that maybe I'm giving the News too much credit, but your wild imagination is ridiculous.

Funny how different stories are always coming out, and the news consistently is the most "off."

The bottom line is---you don't know what is true, I don't know what's true, and the news doesn't know what is true. Hell, they can't even get the name of the Authority that runs the Peace Bridge right. Until they get the basics right, I don't trust anything they print.
    One paper towns....

The end.

What I saw and heard

NOTHING

I was not home. I came home approximately 1 hour after it happened. All I saw was Dennis's driveway loaded with State Troopers, unmarked cars, black SUV, and crime scene tape around the front of his house, and the white car which he stopped. Also many cars on Akron Road, some were neighbors who had pulled over, and others which were also unmarked cars, and black SUV.

I did pull over to see what happened. Frankly I thought someone was killed with so many vehicles and the yellow crime scene tape. I was told what happened by a neighbor.

I've talked to Dennis a couple of times and I would say considering everything...he is doing well.

Case closed

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/04/1...-shooting.html

Still feel it should have been dropped, but it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Resident View Post
    http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/04/1...-shooting.html

Still feel it should have been dropped, but it's over.
    I agree it should have been dropped. But in a way it doesnt seem to be over because not only did he get ripped off, it cost him a lot just to defend himself. The system is ridiculous!

Its not over at all
    Cherry said, “I think so, but to press it [to an acquittal], I’ve got to pay thousands of dollars more to the lawyer.”
    How is that justice? This man, defending himself, his home, now has to pay thousands of dollars to an ATTORNEY just because he chose to defend himself... you call that justice? I call that horse ****. I call it WRONG. The man should have been xonerated(sp)

The fact that he has to continue to pay an attorney, thousands of dollars for upholding his own constitutional rights, is a PRIME example as to whats WRONG with our country.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information