Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on what Trump is costing us?

"Should also be noted that Obama mostly took vacations at places he did not own. So one side could say that he was a swell guy because he didn't increase the value of his property. But on the other side one could say that he was wasteful and forced the US taxpayer to setup temporary protection setups multiple times over the course of his administration. This fact is also why they didn't cite the costs for Bush I and II as background to the Obama v. Trump comparison."

Spectacular. So Obama should be critized or not padding his bottom line at taxpayer expense, and Trump should be congratulated. Wow.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    So it was totally expected that we would support Eric going around the globe promoting Trump brand. Now, if you are ok with this than you have to admit you were a little crazy on Obama's vacations or the families' correct? Cause that was an investment too, Corrert?
    At this point I don't really care. When you look at the incredible amount of money wasted by government paying for security for his kid it's really not that much in the scheme of things. Once again it is what it is seeing who they are. I believe when Obama's wife went on vacations they elected to stay at places that caused security to be more costly than it needed to be. Let me go read up on the trip the kid took and I'll answer after being more informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    "Should also be noted that Obama mostly took vacations at places he did not own. So one side could say that he was a swell guy because he didn't increase the value of his property. But on the other side one could say that he was wasteful and forced the US taxpayer to setup temporary protection setups multiple times over the course of his administration. This fact is also why they didn't cite the costs for Bush I and II as background to the Obama v. Trump comparison."

Spectacular. So Obama should be critized or not padding his bottom line at taxpayer expense, and Trump should be congratulated. Wow.

All I said, if someone wants to complain about the cost of security for a President on their vacation budget but does not look at the total cost for the vacation...that person would be a moron.

If you want to take issue with security improvements being made to property owned by the President...that's fine. But you need to go back to FDR and compare each to not look foolish. So being outraged at it for just Trump is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    All I said, if someone wants to complain about the cost of security for a President on their vacation budget but does not look at the total cost for the vacation...that person would be a moron.

If you want to take issue with security improvements being made to property owned by the President...that's fine. But you need to go back to FDR and compare each to not look foolish. So being outraged at it for just Trump is silly.
    Have expressed no outrage. Just pointing out hypocrisy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information