Thread: Good points as usual....Refugees

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I have no objection to saying refugee resettlement is costly. The question is who is funding that and then comparing to who funds illegal immigrants. From what I can gather, illegal immigration places a higher burden on the local economy whereas refugees funding has a lot of the burden paid for at the state and federal level. I need to dig into that but that's my inference on the economics of it.

Here are some other differences....

Refugees are resettled whereas illegal immigrants migrate. Trump with the stoke of a pen was able to put a stop to refugees for a moment and more can be done if the will is there. On the other hand, there is no such ability with illegal immigration. San Diego residents can't demand from their federal representatives to slow or stop refugees into their community. Communities regarding refugees can.

There is a criminal rate of illegal immigrants in that they are from the start criminals. Refugees on the other hand are not. They may commit crimes but they are not criminals until they do. I don't recall the line of thought or language but essentially once you're a criminal even on something minor the likelihood of doing more serious crimes increases.

At the end of the day, you didn't answer my question of which one is better. You could of course say that neither is preferred. But that would be avoiding the question.
    Good points as usual....

The problem is that it would appear that these issues exist with little regard for the citizenry that ultimately have to support them. Liberal talking point of tearing families apart is BS. I wont even get into Islam which by it's own definition means submission. If communities want to have refugees or protect illegal immigrants then they can have them in their communities and absorb the risk and costs. At the risk of avoiding a question, I don't think either are desirable for our citizens other than to make liberals feel good about themselves spending other people's money to care for them.

What benefit is there to one of the 93 million Americans not participating in the work force to resettle foreign born nationals? I don't understand how the average citizen much less an unemployed coal miner or autoworker benefits from taking on Somali families. Are anyone's children deprived or less enriched because there are no Iraqis, Sudanese or Burmese in the their classrooms? If the average debt addicted citizen and government entity realized how broke we are then we really shouldn't take in anyone. period.

Liberals aren't so great these days....

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Good points as usual....

The problem is that it would appear that these issues exist with little regard for the citizenry that ultimately have to support them. Liberal talking point of tearing families apart is BS. I wont even get into Islam which by it's own definition means submission. If communities want to have refugees or protect illegal immigrants then they can have them in their communities and absorb the risk and costs. At the risk of avoiding a question, I don't think either are desirable for our citizens other than to make liberals feel good about themselves spending other people's money to care for them.

What benefit is there to one of the 93 million Americans not participating in the work force to resettle foreign born nationals? I don't understand how the average citizen much less an unemployed coal miner or autoworker benefits from taking on Somali families. Are anyone's children deprived or less enriched because there are no Iraqis, Sudanese or Burmese in the their classrooms? If the average debt addicted citizen and government entity realized how broke we are then we really shouldn't take in anyone. period.

Liberals aren't so great these days....
    I agree ..What really hasnt been brought up is the impact on the Buffalo School System...30? different languages to deal with?/ Our teachers were never prepared to take on this communication issue. Trying to maintain a learning environment already with many inner city single parent children, who many dont even attend(as noted on truancy reports) and attempting to maintain a civilized classroom for those who are attempting to learn.
    The public and outspoken self proclaimed leaders,blaming teachers, a struggling name calling bunch of racist Board members who cant agree on anything
    except destroying what civility does occasionally occur at School Board meetings...spending OUR tax dollar$ on ridiculous lawsuits or legal action with most of their time dwelling on these issues instead of doing what is BADLY needed..is focus on the school system, support the teaches who desperately need the tools to do their job.
    What is desperately needed is for the the state to step in and analyze the communication needs so that teachers can communicate, control/ minimize the influx of immigrants into our city until the county, city, and school system can deal with the problems it already has.
    Seeing homeless veterans, and just homeless people, begging for money, walking the streets shabbily while International Institute, Journeys End , and especially Catholic Charities introducing more immigrants with more concern than our own citizens proves that this country and it's responsibilities to our own has turned UPSIDE DOWN. As sickening as it is, while Trump has MANY faults..some issues he seems concerned about have MERIT!

Thread Information