Thread: Buffalorising - Where was Brian Higgins for town hall meetings during ObamaCare?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Buffalorising - Where was Brian Higgins for town hall meetings during ObamaCare?

I was asked where was Brian Higgins for town hall meetings during ObamaCare debates?

I was directed to Buffalorising to read an article posted Feb. 11th.

What do you do with a politician when he or she is hard to track down or non-responsive? Most people go to free social media sites, but one group of constituents has taken to crowdfunding to raise money for a billboard campaign. In this case, it’s Congressman Chris Collins whose face might end up on a couple of billboards around town. Collins is being criticized for being MIA and extremely elusive, and there are those who want to hold him accountable for his actions, or inactions. In the billboard campaign, Collins is dressed in Where’s Waldo attire. The message is clear and simple – “WNY would like a word… Host a Town Hall meeting, Mr Collins.”

https://www.buffalorising.com/2017/0...chris-collins/

Higgins isn't my congressman so I can't say, but I know he does make appearances.

If Collins doesn't want to hold town halls that fine, but he should at least make himself available and/or have his staff respond to communications. He does none of that. the 27th is too big of a district not to make yourself available somehow.

If Higgins was hiding,(he shouldn't have been) then Collins is just doing the same thing. Doesn't make it right.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Totally agree with you. When I walked into the shop today someone came up to me and brought this topic up. Asked if I would start this thread so I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Higgins isn't my congressman so I can't say, but I know he does make appearances.

If Collins doesn't want to hold town halls that fine, but he should at least make himself available and/or have his staff respond to communications. He does none of that. the 27th is too big of a district not to make yourself available somehow.

If Higgins was hiding,(he shouldn't have been) then Collins is just doing the same thing. Doesn't make it right.
    I think Higgins is unaware that his district goes anywhere beyond a mile or two from the shores of Lake Erie.

At the end of the day both Higgins and Collins were elected by landslides. In each of their districts there are a small minority of people who know they are represented by someone who does not have their best interest in mind.

The difference is you don't see a bunch of people in Amherst or Grand Island acting like children and demanding that their minority views be implemented because of LOUD NOISES.

Thread Information