Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Term Limits ? Does Lancaster need them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Now here's something we all can agree on!!!!
    I will second that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    If you are admitting that the Democrats intentionally deceived Conservative voters twice as a grand political scheme to win elections, then Sugg was right in his declaration – and your ‘genius’ claim is disingenuous and nothing more than the usual ‘smear and fear’ politics that this well organized political party is noted for.

And, if you are pleased of how the DEMS won by character assimilation, false narrative and claims in those two elections, your input on this year’s election should be interesting as I don’t believe the DEMS in power will be using that approach – my opinion.

I do agree the current board is governing well and the two DEM incumbents will be formidable opponents for the Republicans in the upcoming election - if they run. But then again, who do the DEMS have to run as a viable candidate? What are you hearing?

If all political parties had any sense they would cross endorse Dan Amatura for re-election as Highway Superintendent.
    Let me expand my thoughts, please.

When some people see "genius" as some unscrupulous ploy, my view is "genius" was recognizing that Conservative Party people are people, too. And as such, they deserve a chance at the table, in this case the table being a seat on the town's governing board.

What's wrong with that?

I see minor party folks being recruited all around the area by major political parties, sure it helps with keeping or "snagging" the minor line, but it is also a recognition that qualified people are in those parties, as well. Same for those who choose to not belong to any political party.

The "genius" was recognizing the worth of these people, both in terms of quality and a desire to serve, and stepping up and backing these people.

So, it's unfortunate that some on here attempt to turn a truly positive outreach effort into some kind of negative thing. Gee, wasn't this the avenue in which the immediate former assemblywoman gained that seat a few years ago? No one said she was "using" voters then.

Just another example of the twisting of words to meet a narrative that just does not exist.

Much like the onerous commentary by Mr. Chowaniec concerning the age of the new town supervisor. Lee, if history says anything, it says that age is not a barrier to such a position. Just look at Isreal, where numerous times the prime minister was elected at ages in their late 70s, some in their 80s. By that standard, Supervisor Coleman is a mere spring chicken!

Just saying!

Breezy

Let me expand my thoughts, please.

When some people see "genius" as some unscrupulous ploy, my view is "genius" was recognizing that Conservative Party people are people, too. And as such, they deserve a chance at the table, in this case the table being a seat on the town's governing board.

What's wrong with that?
    Absolutely nothing – and that comes from an unaffiliated registered voter who despises partisan politics where candidates are selected primarily for party allegiance and not qualifications.
    I see minor party folks being recruited all around the area by major political parties, sure it helps with keeping or "snagging" the minor line, but it is also a recognition that qualified people are in those parties, as well. Same for those who choose to not belong to any political party.

The "genius" was recognizing the worth of these people, both in terms of quality and a desire to serve, and stepping up and backing these people.
    Your past pro Democratic Party support leads me to ask why the sudden change in ideology. No current viable Democratic candidates should Abraham or Ruffino not choose to run; or the possibility of the DEM incumbents not getting minor party endorsements?

So, it's unfortunate that some on here attempt to turn a truly positive outreach effort into some kind of negative thing. Gee, wasn't this the avenue in which the immediate former assemblywoman gained that seat a few years ago? No one said she was "using" voters then. Just another example of the twisting of words to meet a narrative that just does not exist.
    Irrelevant and deceiving.

Much like the onerous commentary by Mr. Chowaniec concerning the age of the new town supervisor. Lee, if history says anything, it says that age is not a barrier to such a position. Just look at Isreal, where numerous times the prime minister was elected at ages in their late 70s, some in their 80s. By that standard, Supervisor Coleman is a mere spring chicken!
    There was no disrespect shown towards Johanna, just a statement that the Democratic Party was so bankrupt in viable candidates that they had to look to running an individual who served the town for so many years as Town Clerk and could have kept doing so had she chosen.

As to this year’s election, Amatura deserves to be elected and should be cross endorsed by all parties.

If either Abraham or Ruffino decide not to run or not get an endorsement from any party, the DEMS and REPS should consider cross endorsing a qualified candidate from the minor party / blank ranks. Matt Walter and Dawn Gaczewski worked out just fine in my mind.

Lastly, despite four years of lowering taxes in Lancaster, consolidating municipal services with other towns, selling off the white elephant Colecraft and defunct Depew Library Buildings, and overseeing the construction of a new high-tech Highway Storage Building, the bonding necessary to equipment update the Highway and Recreation Departments, the upgrades and updates to the Town and IDA web sites, etc., you still pissed all over Fudoli for personal reasons and character assassinated him along with the town unions. This is who you really are – party over qualified candidates and in the best interests of the party agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I, totally agree. This is coming from someone whose opinion has taken a 180° turn in the last 8 years.

The superintendent has gotten the GIS system rolling including locations of
    drainage ditches, culverts, bridges, catch basins, etc.

Encouraged the town board to accept a yearly bonding process to purchase equipment such as replacements for 15 year old trucks, etc

Most recently, they've been using a new road salt additive to save money for the taxpayers in the long run.

The super must be doing something right that his employees DO come to work for him to plow the roads unlike the Cheektowaga highway department employees.
    And the November 2014 cleanup was top notch, at least for my area. I actually got a plow down my street the first day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information