Thread: 3 Unexpected Places That Are Actually Amazing For Startups

Tony Fracasso - Admin

3 Unexpected Places That Are Actually Amazing For Startups

Buffalo, New York

This rust belt town, previously thought to be doomed after its manufacturing core disintegrated, is now growing at an impressive pace. Serving as a satellite city for New York City, Toronto and Chicago, many "serial entrepreneurs" are looking to form their teams in more reasonably priced cities, without sacrificing their ability to easily meet in person.Combined with the fact that rent for a two bedroom averages $1,227, and that the city is home to the world's largest business idea competition, 43North, and Buffalo may start seeming like a great place to call home.Add that an impressive amount of funding from both the state's Buffalo Billion initiative and private investors has poured in--with no signs of stopping--and Buffalo may be the perfect spot for your company. Just make sure to bring your coat!
    Read the Full Article

It may start seeming like a great place to call home....until you get a load of the crime and taxes. In Buffalo, taxes often go to support crime.

Wait, Arizona didn't make the list?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, nope it didn't. Neither did Texas, North Carolina and a host of other places that draw business like crazy. Because the article is about unexpected places.

Thread Information