Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creepiest places in WNY... Not haunted, just creepy.

Creepiest places in WNY... Not haunted, just creepy.

In time for Halloween, let's list the creepiest places in Western New York... And for this thread I am not talking about haunted, just creepy... You know... Creepy in that other kind of creepy way.

My list:

The Main Place Mall

The former Century Mall which is now the Northtown Business Center

The abandoned Hills plaza on Sheridan and North Bailey, with all the empty stores except for one Chinese food place

Northtown Plaza in general, it's getting creepier

The stretch of Niagara Falls Boulevard between Eggert and Main Street...

Virginia Place. The whole road.

The top of City Hall
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

I'd have to agree with therising, Big Lots is really creepy, as is Kmart, followed by Walmart, and Tops.
    Main Place Mall is very creepy and Eastern Hills Mall has been, but won't be for long it seems.
    The backstage dressing rooms at Shea's are dark and dank.
    Kleinhans has underground tunnels that are stark and echo--that's always good for a thrill....
    Richardson Towers--VERY creepy!

Why are all the old plazas creepy? Here's what I think:

1.) Pigman's Road. Anyone know the story?

2.) Central Terminal. I know there's been a lot of restoration work done on it, but you'll still never find me hanging out there after dark.

3.) The Aud. As much as I love it, it's creepy as hell in there right now.

4.) Anywhere Republicans gather (shudder).

5.) Kavinoke Theater Building. I forget the name of that building at D'Youville that houses the theater. It's a converted convent full of rickety stairs. After a show, the building is too quiet, except for your footsteps. It's also haunted.

6.) Canisius High School

7.) The backroads of Humphrey. There's not many street lights and Humphrey Hill is rough in the dark.

8.) Lackawana.

9.) The trail in the Niagara Gorge (American side). It was a secret, difficult trail accessed by parking at the aquarium, but it's tamer now that it's paved. It's more touristy. I suggest you try it. It's ranked one of the top places to hike in WNY in the book, "Secret Places of Western New York."

10.) Birdsall, NY. I haven't been back since that thing in the woods stood up on two legs, looked at a buddy of mine and me, and ran off down the trail. It was dawn, and the creature was blue. Maybe it was a Big Blue Bigfoot. It scared the bejeesus out of us and we ran back to the cabin. That was probably eight years ago.

My brother used to work restoring the old Larkin Soap Manufacturing building (turning it into office and retail space). The garage area under the building and the tunnel connecting it to the generator building across the street are something right out of a horror movie. The top floor was creepy too, it had some rooms that had no windows and the only door was a sliding door like on railroad cars.
    Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done!

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    I'd have to agree with therising, Big Lots is really creepy, as is Kmart, followed by Walmart, and Tops.
    Main Place Mall is very creepy and Eastern Hills Mall has been, but won't be for long it seems.
    The backstage dressing rooms at Shea's are dark and dank.
    Kleinhans has underground tunnels that are stark and echo--that's always good for a thrill....
    Richardson Towers--VERY creepy!
    I kid you not, I had a nightmare about the Eastern Hills Mall last night. Any old and abandoned malls are creepy... Check out http://www.deadmalls.com

And I have to say that, for some odd reason, all of Union Road creeps me out!
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1
    I kid you not, I had a nightmare about the Eastern Hills Mall last night. Any old and abandoned malls are creepy... Check out http://www.deadmalls.com

And I have to say that, for some odd reason, all of Union Road creeps me out!
    That's a great site. Brought back some memories. Do you remember the Thruway Mall? That place always creeped me out. Main Place, same thing. Maybe it's that we don't like malls, call us mall-o-phobes. I don't really like any mall, come to think of it, except for one in Portland Oregon called Lloyd Center. It's an indoor/outdoor mall w/a skating rink (Tonya skated there many times) in the middle, adjacent to Meyer and Frank (another May Co. store).

Creepy--the very bowels of the Statler, way downstairs. I worked there long ago and sometimes had to go down there.
    Is Union where all the cemeteries are? Creepy.
    I find Aldi's very creepola, but not Big Lots--I remember Pete and Larry's and wish it was back. Good price on whatever candy bars they have at the time.
    A lot of dollar stores creep me out. Or have you ever sat in a dark theater, all alone? I have, when the $2 super shows were still going strong.
    I was at Eastern Hills two days ago! It's rather upbeat and attractive but deserted! Went into the pet shop there and REALLY got creeped by the clerk who brought out, by the tail, a white and pink mouse, squealing, being sold for snake food. Now that really does it.
    Or how about the tunnel from Buffalo General Hosp under Goodrich to the mental hospital--very scary and that's a story in itself.
    There are a lot of tunnels and underground rooms in Buffalo.

Virginia Place is a funny little alley which I hold near and dear.

Halloween place isn't downtown anymore--but I went there with my son about 10 years ago--it was dark and windy and snowflakes swirling around, but I was scared silly because we were actually almost alone, in the dark, downtown, with things jumping out at us. We could have disappeared and NOONE would have known the difference. I'm still thanking my son for that.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker

Virginia Place is a funny little alley which I hold near and dear.
    I once saw a tin foil container filled with human feces and urine lying in the middle of Virginia Place... Hasn't been the same for me since.

Anyone else catch that PBS special last night, 'Thirteen Most Haunted Places in Western New York'? Some of that stuff was creepy.

Missed it. I love to watch and read stuff like that. Of course, then I want to sleep with every light in the house on

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1
    I once saw a tin foil container filled with human feces and urine lying in the middle of Virginia Place... Hasn't been the same for me since.
    OH UGH

Creepiest places for me are:
    #1) Parking lots/ramps at night
    #2)basements ( I hate them all)
    #3)Darien Lake at night ( when we camp there I always get a creepy feeling when I look at the rides after the park is closed)
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

A man was walking home alone late one foggy night,

when behind him he hears:

!
    BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

< /B>
    Walking faster, he looks back and through the fog he makes out the image of an upright casket banging its way down the middle of the street toward him.

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Terrified, the man begins to run toward his home, the casket bouncing quickly behind him

FASTER...

FASTER...

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

He runs up to his door, fumbles with his keys, opens the door, rushes in, slams and locks the door behind him.

However, the casket crashes through his door, with the lid of the casket clapping

clappity-BUMP...

clappity-BUMP...

clappity -BUMP...

on his heels, the terrified man runs.

Rushing upstairs to the bathroom, the man locks himself in. His heart is pounding; his head is reeling; his breath is coming in sobbing gasps.

With a loud CRASH the casket breaks down the door.

Bumping and clapping toward him.

The man screams and reaches for something, anything,
    but all he can find is a bottle of cough syrup!

Desperate, he throws the cough syrup at the casket...

and,

(hopefully you're ready for this!!!)

The coffin stops

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WITCH ON BROOMSTICK.gif  

Attics are creepy. Any attic. Basements. Don't like 'em.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information