Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The result of "Fight for $15"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    And to think it all started with self serve gas.....

I typically do not use the self checkouts. It has caused me to stop shopping at TOPS since my local store closes ALL staffed lines at 9 pm. In contrast, Wegmans closes their self checkouts around that time.

I wonder where my discount is for using the self checkout. I'm not paying for a clerk, why should I not save?

b.b.
    I usually stand in line to. Occasionally I will use the self checkout if I have a couple items.

Funny you mention this

"I wonder where my discount is for using the self checkout. I'm not paying for a clerk, why should I not save?"

I wonder where my discount is for not using the local school business monopoly. "I'm not paying for those employees, why should I not save?"

That comment would apply to anyone who sends their children to private schools, home school or has no kids.

I typically go to the grocery store multiple times a week for fresh items. Usually have 4-8 items and almost always use the self checkout.

I like to avoid at all costs mouth breathers. People who make small talk for the entire time their stuff is being bagged and then decide it's a good time to look for their card when they are presented the total. That or the people who need to find exact change. I get wanting to use change but searching for a minute or two for that 2nd penny rather than using the dime you have in your hand just makes you a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    And to think it all started with self serve gas.....

I typically do not use the self checkouts. It has caused me to stop shopping at TOPS since my local store closes ALL staffed lines at 9 pm. In contrast, Wegmans closes their self checkouts around that time.

I wonder where my discount is for using the self checkout. I'm not paying for a clerk, why should I not save?
    b.b.
    I much prefer the self checkout. For me since I rarely have more than a hand basket full of stuff it's faster and I can load the bags fuller and reduce the number of used bags
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Interesting follow up on the "reporting" from mainstream media on this:

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/...g-wendys-kiosk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information