Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Boulevard Mall, And Yet another WNY Mall closing soon !!

No, actually I didn't forget those
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Metro Phoenix is building new cities from stratch and are building 6 new Freeways to open up the area's for new development such as the South Mountian Freeway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGbgyeIEvRs the other 5 Freeway being built are SR24 William Gateway Freeway, SR30, Loop 303, I-11, & Apache Junction Freeway North/South Corridor, Their are more new freeways coming after those 6 are built such as Northern Parkaway Freeway which will tunnel under the under White Tank Mountains connecting the loop 101, loop 303 to future I-11 new cities of Douglas Ranch https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=HwAV7IDDK7w
    & The new city of Supersition Vistas http://www.superstition-vistas.org/studyarea/scenarios/

You forgot to the count the other 99% of Metro Phoenix LOL

such as

Scottsdale
    Tempe
    Gilbert
    Queen Creek
    Glendale
    Peoria
    Chandler
    Avondale
    Surprise
    Goodyear
    Buckeye
    Anthem
    Sun City
    Sun City West
    Sun Lakes
    Paradise Valley
    Casa Grande
    Colledge
    El Mirage
    Toleson
    Apache Junction
    Fountain Hills
    Cave Creek
    Gold Caynon
    Rio Verde
    Salt River
    Gila River
    Ak Chin
    Florence
    Cove Creek

wickenberg
    City of Maricopa
    San Tan Valley
    I am not sure what your point is that people are moving from the Midwest and Northeast to other parts of the country. I mean I think we get it. It's like arguing about the pythagorean theorem. We know know its happening, and we know why it's happening. So Ok?

Like I posted in another thread the real question is where are the best places to ride out economic downturns.
    Last edited by Save Us; March 24th, 2017 at 09:30 AM.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    I am not sure what your point is that people are moving from the Midwest and Northeast to other parts of the country. I mean I think we get it. It's like arguing about the pythagorean theorem. We know know its happening, and we know why it's happening. So Ok?

Like I posted in another thread the real question is where are the best places to ride out economic downturns.
    The point is, Alot of people in Buffalo & WNY are in denial of reality. example, malls & shopping centers are closing because everyone shops on line, NOT TRUE
    Malls & Shopping Center close because area's don't have the industries and population to support them anymore. Most of the rest of country is booming, has thriving economys, have billions & billions of dollars of private investments, lot's of good paying jobs in every industry, have growing populations and have exciting bright futures and their best days are still ahead. Then their's Buffalo & WNY who has been in their own recession for nearly a 1/2 century (50 years) has no private investment. lack of good jobs and yet claims Buffalo has rebirth & renaissance going on, but the facts, the stats, & seeing with your own eyes say something different and the sad reality is Buffalo & WNY's worst days are still ahead with the shrinking taxbase's & the skyrocketing costs of providing the services. and it's still business as usual.
    Last edited by jennifer7; March 24th, 2017 at 10:13 AM.

Has it ever occurred to you that people are NOT in denial, know the facts about WNY and choose to live there because that's where they WANT to be? That's where there careers, families, friends, and traditions are?? That they have reasons that outweigh the negative so they choose to stay??

Not everyone wants to move out to a 100 degree megalotrpolis in the freaking desert
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that people are NOT in denial, know the facts about WNY and choose to live there because that's where they WANT to be? That's where there careers, families, friends, and traditions are?? That they have reasons that outweigh the negative so they choose to stay??

Not everyone wants to move out to a 100 degree megalotrpolis in the freaking desert

Most people don't want to live in a submarine for 6 or 7 months, But 100,000's & 100,000's of of people keep moving to desert every single year and ton's of business's keep investing billions & billions of dollars in the desert & and keep building their new corperate HQ's, new hub centers, new distribution & fulfillment centers, New Mfg. Plants. New Bio Medicine/Medical Centers/ Speciality Hospitals, Patients are flown into AZ daily from all over the country and the world in lear jet ambulances for treatment. and that's just for starters and tip of the the ice.

Most people don't want to live in a submarine for 6 or 7 months, But 100,000's & 100,000's of of people keep moving to desert every single year and ton's of business's keep investing billions & billions of dollars in the desert & and keep building their new corperate HQ's, new hub centers, new distribution & fulfillment centers, New Mfg. Plants. New Bio Medicine/Medical Centers/ Speciality Hospitals, Patients are flown into AZ daily from all over the country and the world in lear jet ambulances for treatment. and that's just for starters and tip of the the ice.
    And 100's of MILLIONS are NOT moving to the desert......
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    And 100's of MILLIONS are NOT moving to the desert......
    100'000's of thousands are moving to desert cities every year, Phoenix alone is gaining over 100,000 people every single year

From 2010 to (adjusted for projected) 2017 Phoenix gained 152,490 people. That just a little less than 100's of thousands a year. Unless in Phoenix 21,000 is almost 100,000
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    From 2010 to (adjusted for projected) 2017 Phoenix gained 152,490 people. That just a little less than 100's of thousands a year. Unless in Phoenix 21,000 is almost 100,000
    That's just the City of Phoenix

Metro Phoenix gained nearly a 1/2 million people in 6 years, Metro Phoenix added 470,000 people since 2010
    2016 population 4.662 Million
    2010 Population 4.192 million

Maricopa County
    Population estimates, July 1, 2016,
    Population estimates, July 1, 2015,
    Population estimates base, April 1, 2010,

Pinal County
    Population estimates, July 1, 2016, (V2016)
    Population estimates, July 1, 2015, (V2015)
    Population estimates base, April 1, 2010, (V2016)

That's OK, i'll take this over millions of people in a desert sweatbox

HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    That's OK, i'll take this over millions of people in a desert sweatbox

That doesn't pay the bills, the taxes or put food on the table , But when you have non stop tons of new 6 figure jobs be created everyday in every industry, that pays the bills. Like GM New IT/Tech Centers one of many GM has in AZ or Go Daddys.Com New IT center in Tempe 1 of 5 in PHX area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sst9TeGia7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E_8zU9u5q0&t=601s

and be able to buy high end cars at the many of the new high end dealerships that just openned or are under construction everywhere in PHX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF0r8RS0YBE
    https://youtu.be/0G_lYNO09vc
    Last edited by jennifer7; March 24th, 2017 at 10:39 PM.

Unregistered
    Las Vegas NV gained 205,000 new residents since 2010
    Population estimates, July 1, 2016, (V2016) 2,155,664
    Population estimates, July 1, 2015, (V2015) 2,114,801
    Population estimates base, April 1, 2010, (V2016) 1,951,269

So taxes must be increased to pay for the increase in infrastructure. I won't argue that taxes in NY are BS, but the greater storm coming.

How did Arizona do during the last recession? The answer is poorly. It will do poorly again during the next recession. It had the second highest foreclosure rate in the country during the crash. It's significant because home ownership is the where most of American's net worth is accounted for. Moreover many of the people that move there with their pensions are going to be SOL when those states that support them deal with a economic downturn with under funded pension plans. It's just arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I won't even get into climate change..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    So taxes must be increased to pay for the increase in infrastructure. I won't argue that taxes in NY are BS, but the greater storm coming.

How did Arizona do during the last recession? The answer is poorly. It will do poorly again during the next recession. It had the second highest foreclosure rate in the country during the crash. It's significant because home ownership is the where most of American's net worth is accounted for. Moreover many of the people that move there with their pensions are going to be SOL when those states that support them deal with a economic downturn with under funded pension plans. It's just arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I won't even get into climate change..
    Don't hold your breath, Most AZ & NV cities etc... Learned their lessons, Theirs 100's & 100's of million's of revenue coming in & keeps going up every month with the increase from of growth, construction, impact fees, & taxes etc.. Most City's & Town's already have reserves of 100's of millions in several bank accouts & future CIP Projects bank accounts . when they buy police car, a fire truck or build a new road, it's payed for with just the interest on the money in the reserves and doesn't touch the principal. But they only buy & spend what is needed, still over half the police cars in AZ are over 10 to 15 year old Crown Vics, every year they buy in bulk, brakes, tires and other parts for the fleets to save momey. Also alot of the developers are paying for building the infrastrure, they are paying for the new Roads, new Schools, new Fires Station's & even fire apparatus, (even some developers pay for the new replacement fire trucks every 5 to 10 years for the new fire stations in developements for next 100 years) new Sewer & Utlities lines and with the high pace growth, Most AZ & NV cities are constantly getting federal grants that pay for new teachers, police, Firefigher/paramedic salaries for 2 to 5 years such safer grants. so it's not costing the taxpayer nothing, Also most AZ & NV cities are working on the 3rd pension reforms since 2010, Public sector workers in AZ & NV make the average US pay and receive a pay raise once every 10 years, next raise is planned in FY2021/22 for most AZ Police, Firefighters or public sectors workers,
    Last edited by jennifer7; March 25th, 2017 at 10:13 AM.

Unregistered
    That's just the City of Phoenix

Metro Phoenix gained nearly a 1/2 million people in 6 years, Metro Phoenix added 470,000 people since 2010
    2016 population 4.662 Million
    2010 Population 4.192 million

Maricopa County
    Population estimates, July 1, 2016,
    Population estimates, July 1, 2015,
    Population estimates base, April 1, 2010,

Pinal County
    Population estimates, July 1, 2016, (V2016)
    Population estimates, July 1, 2015, (V2015)
    Population estimates base, April 1, 2010, (V2016)

Actually Phoenix/Maricopa County had the #1 largest population growth in the entire country last year and has over taking Houston/Harris County TX as #1
    The reasons are jobs, Low taxes & weather.
    http://www.azfamily.com/clip/1319702...aricopa-county

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information