Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Boulevard Mall, And Yet another WNY Mall closing soon !!

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Don't hold your breath, Most AZ & NV cities etc... Learned their lessons, Theirs 100's & 100's of million's of revenue coming in & keeps going up every month with the increase from of growth, construction, impact fees, & taxes etc.. Most City's & Town's already have reserves of 100's of millions in several bank accouts & future CIP Projects bank accounts . when they buy police car, a fire truck or build a new road, it's payed for with just the interest on the money in the reserves and doesn't touch the principal. But they only buy & spend what is needed, still over half the police cars in AZ are over 10 to 15 year old Crown Vics, every year they buy in bulk, brakes, tires and other parts for the fleets to save momey. Also alot of the developers are paying for building the infrastrure, they are paying for the new Roads, new Schools, new Fires Station's & even fire apparatus, (even some developers pay for the new replacement fire trucks every 5 to 10 years for the new fire stations in developements for next 100 years) new Sewer & Utlities lines and with the high pace growth, Most AZ & NV cities are constantly getting federal grants that pay for new teachers, police, Firefigher/paramedic salaries for 2 to 5 years such safer grants. so it's not costing the taxpayer nothing, Also most AZ & NV cities are working on the 3rd pension reforms since 2010, Public sector workers in AZ & NV make the average US pay and receive a pay raise once every 10 years, next raise is planned in FY2021/22 for most AZ Police, Firefighters or public sectors workers,
    All that was happening leading up to 2008 also, and how did that turn out?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    All that was happening leading up to 2008 also, and how did that turn out?
    The National Recession was caused by Banks giving home loans to everyone and people who couldn't afford them, mortgage fraud, &
    and the price of gasoline was almost $5 a gallon. Now Most City & Town Councils, Mayors here are Financial Analyst's, Accountants, Small Business Owners, Lawyers, Architects, etc.. and hold public office to make their hometowns a great place to live, work & have fun while at the same time providing the highest level of Public Safety and keeping the costs affordable & viable to current & future residents & current and future business's, The towns & cities are run just like a business here. Nothing gets purchased by any departmentmt without proving a need, and how it's going to save money
    Last edited by jennifer7; March 25th, 2017 at 05:41 PM.

You do know the banks are starting to do that again, right?
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    You do know the banks are starting to do that again, right?

I moved to AZ during the recession and it was booming compared to what I left in Erie County and even during the recession years, AZ was still gaining large population increases every single year during the Recession and their were jobs and new construction going on.

When did this become a forum about Arizona?
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Doesn't matter what web site, board, thread it is on, A discussion starts out about Buffalo or a WNY topic, stat, issue and a person or persons from Buffalo will say It's like this everywhere and will bring up another City or Citys in the topic or will say atleast Buffalo is not as bad as .... and will name another city

Here's one topic that going to cause Buffalo & Erie County property taxes to double and triple are Government Pensions
    and why the local Towns & Cities are not doing anything about it, As they say in Erie County "Business as usual"

Just about everywhere else, their has been pension reforms going on for years. Government fully paid pensions are becoming a thing of the past and now alot of government workers have a pension deduction taking out of their pay checks and new government workers hired have higher deduction taking out and put into a pension and or 401K saving accounts.
    Last edited by jennifer7; March 26th, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

Don't hold your breath, Most AZ & NV cities etc... Learned their lessons, Theirs 100's & 100's of million's of revenue coming in & keeps going up every month with the increase from of growth, construction, impact fees, & taxes etc.. Most City's & Town's already have reserves of 100's of millions in several bank accouts & future CIP Projects bank accounts . when they buy police car, a fire truck or build a new road, it's payed for with just the interest on the money in the reserves and doesn't touch the principal. But they only buy & spend what is needed, still over half the police cars in AZ are over 10 to 15 year old Crown Vics, every year they buy in bulk, brakes, tires and other parts for the fleets to save momey. Also alot of the developers are paying for building the infrastrure, they are paying for the new Roads, new Schools, new Fires Station's & even fire apparatus, (even some developers pay for the new replacement fire trucks every 5 to 10 years for the new fire stations in developements for next 100 years) new Sewer & Utlities lines and with the high pace growth, Most AZ & NV cities are constantly getting federal grants that pay for new teachers, police, Firefigher/paramedic salaries for 2 to 5 years such safer grants. so it's not costing the taxpayer nothing, Also most AZ & NV cities are working on the 3rd pension reforms since 2010, Public sector workers in AZ & NV make the average US pay and receive a pay raise once every 10 years, next raise is planned in FY2021/22 for most AZ Police, Firefighters or public sectors workers,
    The Southwest has been growing for years.. it didn't save you in 08. When things really crash and they will, it's not going to save you or any of us. The Federal government is broke, it's life support is debt. Even California with it's robust GDP has a pension crisis. I guess we'll see what happens. If it make you feel any better I would agree that red states will fare better than blue states.

When Res wouldn't ban Jennifer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    The Southwest has been growing for years.. it didn't save you in 08. When things really crash and they will, it's not going to save you or any of us. The Federal government is broke, it's life support is debt. Even California with it's robust GDP has a pension crisis. I guess we'll see what happens. If it make you feel any better I would agree that red states will fare better than blue states.
    But California will always be a tourist attraction because of the Ocean & all of the beaches, Hollywood and CA's larger metro area's are booming, The skies are filled with tower cranes and new skycrscrapes going up everywhere in San Diego, San Fran, San Jose, & Los Angeles. But today The NFL owners are expected to approve the move of the Raiders to Las Vegas and their new 2 Billion Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Yeah, right??
    HipKat's Blog

But California will always be a tourist attraction because of the Ocean & all of the beaches, Hollywood and CA's larger metro area's are booming, The skies are filled with tower cranes and new skycrscrapes going up everywhere in San Diego, San Fran, San Jose, & Los Angeles. But today The NFL owners are expected to approve the move of the Raiders to Las Vegas and their new 2 Billion Stadium
    and you guys are running up another real estate bubble I see....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yeah, right??
    So you guys don't see a value on how other people see Buffalo/Erie County basically from outside of NYS?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So you guys don't see a value on how other people see Buffalo/Erie County basically from outside of NYS?
    There is a difference between talking about WNY from an outsiders perspective and sh*tting on WNY because you don't live there anymore and are unhappy with your life.

Unregistered
    What did I say was not fact, true or reality ? I even told you the future, Go back to 2006, I told you the HSBC Tower was going to be empty and go bankrupt as soon as HSBC leases expired, I told You American Axle was closing all 3 of their plants and Steven & others didn't believe it , I told you Bass Pro was never coming, The Buffalo City Tower & turning all the old grain elevators into ethanol plants building a new Peace Bridge & tearing down the Skyway were pies in the sky, I even told Linda that Las Vegas was getting a NHL & NFL teams and she didn't believe it.

Unregistered
    There is a difference between talking about WNY from an outsiders perspective and sh*tting on WNY because you don't live there anymore and are unhappy with your life.
    Speaking of unhappy, go watch NHL Center Ice, watch the crowds inside all the arena's, the people walking outside and around the concession area's. In Buffalo, the crowd has no laughter and no smiles. At all the other arena's, you see people laughing, smiling, dancing. Don't believe me, go watch for yourself

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information