Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boulevard Mall, And Yet another WNY Mall closing soon !!

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    This is not true.

Flynn was forced to resign due to kickback in the media over conversations with Russian officials before Trump took office.

If you're going to use a word like collude it needs to be used correctly.
    This is not the official reason, the official reason Flynn was asked for his resignations was an issue of trust: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...cer-2142017-12

MR. SPICER: All right, let's get back to the fun. We've been reviewing -- and I want to address the events of last night, first and foremost. We've been reviewing and evaluating this issue with respect to General Flynn on a daily basis for a few weeks, trying to ascertain the truth. We got to a point not based on a legal issue, but based on a trust issue, where a level of trust between the President and General Flynn had eroded to the point where he felt he had to make a change.

The President was very concerned that General Flynn had misled the Vice President and others. He was also very concerned in light of sensitive subjects dealt with by that position of national security advisors -- like China, North Korea and the Middle East -- that the President must have complete and unwavering trust for the person in that position.

The evolving and eroding level of trust as a result of this situation and a series of other questionable instances is what led the President to ask for General Flynn’s resignation. Immediately after the Department of Justice notified the White House Counsel of the situation, the White House Counsel briefed the President and a small group of senior advisors. The White House Counsel reviewed and determined that there is not a legal issue, but rather a trust issue.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    This is not the official reason, the official reason Flynn was asked for his resignations was an issue of trust: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...cer-2142017-12
    Official ≠ Actual.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Official ≠ Actual.
    How do you know it is not actual? It may be your opinion that it is not the actual reason, but the only thing we have to go on, without more, is the official reason. Questions regarding communications between Flynn and the Russians were around well before his formally taking that office on January 20th like http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...-flynn-russia/ and even before this call it was reported that Flynn sat next to Putin in a 12/2015 dinner. So I find it hard to believe it was due to media kickback over it like you said.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That is misleading. A job is not created until the paychecks start to get written. Saying we are going to add 1000 jobs is far different than writing out 1000 paychecks. Trump is positive for job growth but your statement is very misleading at this time.

A job is not created until the paychecks start to get written ? Go get a copy of Not-Just-Snow-Chicken-Wings, It's says Solar City & IBM are a success, Solar City hasn't even produced one solar panel yet & IBM, last I heard was done with Buffalo because that did't want to get involved in the Buffalo Billion corruption scandal, Yet the Book's says their a success when their's 1 Billion dollars of taxpayers invested in Solar City & IBM and either one is writing a check yet ?

https://www.amazon.com/Not-Just-Snow.../dp/1537793896

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    How do you know it is not actual?
    Well Trump has mentioned several times that he has issue with classified information being leaked to the media. Which is what he claims happened here. If classified information had not been leaked to the media this could have been managed internally. Trump would have been given the choice of firing Flynn so early on or not.

Pretty easy to make the argument on why Trump would choose to manage it internally but because the media was involved and they bungled other things...his hand was forced.

But hey...if you want to take what the White House releases as statements as only story...that's your choice. I choose not to be as naive.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    A job is not created until the paychecks start to get written ? Go get a copy of Not-Just-Snow-Chicken-Wings, It's says Solar City & IBM are a success, Solar City hasn't even produced one solar panel yet & IBM, last I heard was done with Buffalo because that did't want to get involved in the Buffalo Billion corruption scandal, Yet the Book's says their a success when their's 1 Billion dollars of taxpayers invested in Solar City & IBM and either one is writing a check yet ?

https://www.amazon.com/Not-Just-Snow.../dp/1537793896
    I'm just telling you. A job is not created until a paycheck is written. I like Trump but then again I don't like BS either.

If you guys want to fight about Trump how about on another thread instead of one devoted to Blvd Mall. That said, Trump was creating jobs before he was even inaugurated. Remember, that bag, George Soros, was paying millenials to protest Trump's election before he was even sworn in.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    yes grump.

2 things about Trump I do like - his stance on the 2nd Amendment and is stance on American jobs - my #1 issue for the last 3-4 elections
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    2 things about Trump I do like - his stance on the 2nd Amendment and is stance on American jobs - my #1 issue for the last 3-4 elections
    He's only been President for about a month

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Leftie, if you want to call the death knell of every business from Main & Bailey to Niagara Falls Blvd and Maple road then by all means let's expand that idiotic subway. It did wonders in clearing out the businesses along Main Street 30 years ago. And, hey, when Uber finally comes to town all our transportation problems will be solved for all time so we won't need to expand it.
    I'll give you that there were many issues with the first segment of the metro but there are also some differences.

1) Main Streets all over the US in struggling cities were on their death bed. The metro construction and running above ground didn't give Main Street cancer but rather simply put the final nail in the coffin. If the extension was being sold as a way to save the Blvd Mall...that would be similar. But it's not. It's being sold as a way to redevelop that entire area of the town.

The KEY DIFFERENCE here is that the extension is not intended to 'save' anything but rather redevelop it. The goal is to redevelop all of the parking lot plazas currently located by the BLVD mall into Transit oriented development. What does this mean to you? Well here are just some benefits:

• Less traffic. I am pretty sure you live in this area and know the traffic first hand. The metro extension would take cars off the road. Not only does this improve traffic but also the cost of road maintenance in the town.
    • More taxes. The tax revenue in this part of town is low compared to what it should be. Parking lots are not taxed the same as buildings.
    • More green space. Amherst still needs to grow and it's running out of land. Redeveloping these parking lots allows for growth on already developed areas rather than clearing green space in the norther parts of the town.
    • More growth at UB. Like it or not UB drives a lot of the benefits to the town. A bigger but more dense UB means higher property values around the town.

2) The 2 zip codes in Amherst the extension would run through have just a resident population of 35,000. This does not include employees to UB and the office parks to the North which is in the thousands. By comparison, the Downtown resident population (14201, 14202, 14203 and 14204) is just 25,000. At some point you reach a 'tipping point' of density along the line that in turn starts to improve along the line. Not that the line is also connected to the medical campus...which is expected to be around 20,000 shortly. 30 years ago it was maybe 4,000.

3) There are very few businesses along NFB between Bailey and Eggert. While they would see some disruption it would not be the same as Main St because this section would be a tunnel. The metro would go above ground from Eggert to UB North and run through mostly parking lots and green space. Again...not the same as closing off Main Street for years for construction and then keeping it closed to run parts of the line. Here is a map of the line.

Now to some of your concerns:

Uber: Uber already exists in almost every other city with much larger mass transit networks...so you claim here is false. Uber does not replace mass transit or compete with it. It complements it. It provides coverage outside of where mass transit covers. Uber is just as affordable as Cabs. The only real difference between Uber and Cabs is Uber allows you to schedule rides directly to your location and monitor the progress of your driver. With cabs you need to call in to a jerk dispatch office and hope/wait that your cab shows up. It's the same service just improved. Just like cell phones are the same service as land lines but with cell phones you can make a call anywhere.

Crime: I know people are focused on crime but here is the thing and this comes from conversations with police officers. To start it's not going to increase any of the crime that already exists. Criminals that drive into the town are still going to be able to drive into the town. They don't drive into Amherst as much as others because APD pays attention to this. But it will bring more people into the area, this is true, but it brings them into the area at predictable locations. APD can easily staff the locations with officers because they know where people are coming in.

Now to some benefits/challenges:

Home values. The median price in this area is about $150k. With the metro rail you can easily see an increase in 25% to 30% of the value of the home. This will of course put money into your pocket but this is before they take it out with higher assessments. So I can understand if someone is on a fixed income they would have an issue here. But in the long run, increased home values are good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NFTA-map.jpg  

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Boulevard Mall wins $1.2 million judgment against Original Honey's restaurant

The owner of the Boulevard Mall has won a $1.2 million judgment in a lawsuit that accused the Original Honey's restaurant chain of failing to pay rent and of shutting down its store in the mall eight years before its lease was set to expire.

Cleveland-based Forest City sued Honey's, third-generation owner Larry Pacifico and another party, Michael Hamilton of Niagara Falls, in 2014 in State Supreme Court in Erie County under the name Boulevard Mall SPE LLC, according to court records.
    Read the full story in the Buffalo News

I'm pretty sure Jennifer7 is casey22 on another message board where they lament the closing of retail and also talk about Buffalo's problems as if nowhere else suffers from problems. He/she is a troll, put on ignore.

WSFirst
    Online shopping is killing malls anyways, the malls will all see their death at some point for their current purpose

Dying Malls

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WSFirst View Post
    Online shopping is killing malls anyways, the malls will all see their death at some point for their current purpose

Dying Malls

No one shops in Malls or build new malls Anymore ? NOT !!! Here's a small sample of
    a couple of the many new malls that recently opened in AZ , Several more are under construction
    and being planned

https://youtu.be/Ywo_E5vhu0Y
    https://youtu.be/yPISoFV0LcM
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4SS4oP7zqA

Also Indoor malls are thiving
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmAMHhCPwEM

Now their even building a 4 Billion Dolllar Disney World theme parks in Arizona http://www.pinalcentral.com/casa_gra...6a5326fb5.html

Just about everyday I would meet or talk to a person or two from WNY, Now it's like 5, 6 or more a day and at just about every shopping center you see lot's of New York State Plates, 75% of them have a West Herr, Northtown, Bills, Sabres, frame, Also you see alot of Canisus, UB, Niagara University stickers on car rear windows
    Last edited by jennifer7; March 5th, 2017 at 08:47 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information