Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: FOX News says Buffalo NY has serious refugee problems

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    What are you talking about ? As a Whole, WNY has been losing population every single year for the last 45 years. WNY Population's loss's are speeding up. in the Last Census, WNY lost 5,236 long time residents in just 1 year in 2015 Yet. The Buffalo New says it's a slight population, but the population loss's were only 3,500 a year ack in 2007, 2008, 2009 etc.. was considered Brain Drain. LOL LOL. No one builds new Malls anymore or shops in Malls, NOT !!! LOL Everyone now shops online NOT !!! , LOL The Economy is not just bad in WNY . It's bad & like this everywhere NOT !!!! LOL , It's 99.999999% Public Investment and & 00001% Private Investment LOL ,
    The economy is bad for many places not just Buffalo when it comes to retail. There are areas that are growing but you are making it sound like this issue is only a Buffalo based issue. This is the part that is annoying about you.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Erie County didn't grow for the most part. The population growth is based off of the importation of refugees. If refugees weren't being imported over the last 10 years Erie County would have shown a population loss. I have the links on another thread making this case.
    Population is population. If you want to argue fine points...that's fine. But you then need to fine point everything.

You have been banging this refugee drum for a while. Let me ask you this. Do you see any difference between a refugee and an illegal immigrant? Do you think it's better or worse to have fully legal refugees or illegal immigrants?

The reason I ask is there was an article on the top 20 cities for illegal immigrants. and if you look at the cities and compare to Buffalo...Buffalo would be lucky to be in the same class any of these cities. Just some food for thought.

Also, when Buffalo was at the height of its population, it was not 600k WASPs. It was a bunch of Germans, Polish, Irish and Italians. Granted the Govt didn't back up the Brinks truck of social services for those folks but that's a different conversation.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes. There is a difference to a point. From what read there are costly programs that refugees automatically qualify for. EVEN if it's only 9 or 12 months it's still an ongoing cost if you continue the practice. Perhaps illegals don't receive as much possible welfare as refugees but in the end both groups do. That cost could be police issues, emergency medical cost and/or what ever. It's still a cost.

The issue with the articles you read is those cities are not Buffalo at this point.

And there you go

Granted the Govt didn't back up the Brinks truck of social services for those folks but that's a different conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Yes. There is a difference to a point. From what read there are costly programs that refugees automatically qualify for. EVEN if it's only 9 or 12 months it's still an ongoing cost if you continue the practice. Perhaps illegals don't receive as much possible welfare as refugees but in the end both groups do. That cost could be police issues, emergency medical cost and/or what ever. It's still a cost.

I have no objection to saying refugee resettlement is costly. The question is who is funding that and then comparing to who funds illegal immigrants. From what I can gather, illegal immigration places a higher burden on the local economy whereas refugees funding has a lot of the burden paid for at the state and federal level. I need to dig into that but that's my inference on the economics of it.

Here are some other differences....

Refugees are resettled whereas illegal immigrants migrate. Trump with the stoke of a pen was able to put a stop to refugees for a moment and more can be done if the will is there. On the other hand, there is no such ability with illegal immigration. San Diego residents can't demand from their federal representatives to slow or stop refugees into their community. Communities regarding refugees can.

There is a criminal rate of illegal immigrants in that they are from the start criminals. Refugees on the other hand are not. They may commit crimes but they are not criminals until they do. I don't recall the line of thought or language but essentially once you're a criminal even on something minor the likelihood of doing more serious crimes increases.

At the end of the day, you didn't answer my question of which one is better. You could of course say that neither is preferred. But that would be avoiding the question.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Promising Practice Moving refugees towards self -sufficiency pathways in Erie County, New York: Communication, collaboration, and a focus on cultural knowledge

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/defaul...che=1400180538

I'll answer your question further. I spent today rebuilding and expanding a raid array. I have to focus. One wrong move and Poof... 1 and 0's all over the place Always have backups. I also like LSI equipment. It's rocks.

Neither is preferred if there are needs that need to be addressed in the host community to start with.

What are you talking about ? As a Whole, WNY has been losing population every single year for the last 45 years. WNY Population's loss's are speeding up. in the Last Census, WNY lost 5,236 long time residents in just 1 year in 2015 Yet. The Buffalo New says it's a slight population, but the population loss's were only 3,500 a year ack in 2007, 2008, 2009 etc.. was considered Brain Drain. LOL LOL. No one builds new Malls anymore or shops in Malls, NOT !!! LOL Everyone now shops online NOT !!! , LOL The Economy is not just bad in WNY . It's bad & like this everywhere NOT !!!! LOL , It's 99.999999% Public Investment and & 00001% Private Investment LOL ,
    There was a census in 2015?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

It's a hell of alot of more accurate & truthful then reading the Buffalo News & watching local TV stations. Also with the State & County
    remodeling the Stadium, in return, the Bills will sign a new lease to play there to 2030
    New Practice Field to be paid for completely by thee Bills, not the state and county

http://buffalowdown.com/2017/02/15/b...new-era-field/
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I have no objection to saying refugee resettlement is costly. The question is who is funding that and then comparing to who funds illegal immigrants. From what I can gather, illegal immigration places a higher burden on the local economy whereas refugees funding has a lot of the burden paid for at the state and federal level. I need to dig into that but that's my inference on the economics of it.

Here are some other differences....

Refugees are resettled whereas illegal immigrants migrate. Trump with the stoke of a pen was able to put a stop to refugees for a moment and more can be done if the will is there. On the other hand, there is no such ability with illegal immigration. San Diego residents can't demand from their federal representatives to slow or stop refugees into their community. Communities regarding refugees can.

There is a criminal rate of illegal immigrants in that they are from the start criminals. Refugees on the other hand are not. They may commit crimes but they are not criminals until they do. I don't recall the line of thought or language but essentially once you're a criminal even on something minor the likelihood of doing more serious crimes increases.

At the end of the day, you didn't answer my question of which one is better. You could of course say that neither is preferred. But that would be avoiding the question.
    Good points as usual....

The problem is that it would appear that these issues exist with little regard for the citizenry that ultimately have to support them. Liberal talking point of tearing families apart is BS. I wont even get into Islam which by it's own definition means submission. If communities want to have refugees or protect illegal immigrants then they can have them in their communities and absorb the risk and costs. At the risk of avoiding a question, I don't think either are desirable for our citizens other than to make liberals feel good about themselves spending other people's money to care for them.

What benefit is there to one of the 93 million Americans not participating in the work force to resettle foreign born nationals? I don't understand how the average citizen much less an unemployed coal miner or autoworker benefits from taking on Somali families. Are anyone's children deprived or less enriched because there are no Iraqis, Sudanese or Burmese in the their classrooms? If the average debt addicted citizen and government entity realized how broke we are then we really shouldn't take in anyone. period.

Liberals aren't so great these days....
    Last edited by Save Us; February 15th, 2017 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    New Practice Field to be paid for completely by thee Bills, not the state and county

http://buffalowdown.com/2017/02/15/b...new-era-field/

Regardless of where the new stadium is built or if it is built I expect to see the practice field remain out in OP. If nothing more than it's close to where a lot of the players live. Good investment.

wow!! love it!! Get these people out of here!! Res look what a local union has done!! Mayor erkel don't like this.
    Local union tips off Border Patrol to undocumented workers

Federal agents are not the only ones trying to remove people from the Buffalo area who have entered the country illegally.

If Bill Bing, a carpenters union official, discovers that undocumented immigrants are working at a local construction project, the union tips off authorities.

That information has led to some raids and arrests, he said, although the detention last month of 32 individuals suspected of being in the country illegally and working at projects was not his tip.

"We were not directly responsible for the information on those two raids," said Bing, the local representative for the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters.
    Bing said he is glad to see the enforcement of immigration laws and makes no apologies for when he or other union members tip off federal and state authorities.
    The jobs should go to American citizens and that it is not a union-versus-nonunion issue, he said.

"There are very good local union and nonunion contractors who suffer the fallout from dirty business," Bing said. "This directly affects area living standards, not to mention the tax dollars New York State, Erie County and the local municipalities don't and won't see."

Other trade unions, he said, tip off authorities, "but they are not as proactive as we are. The carpenters union devotes a lot of money and resources to this."
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    wow!! love it!! Get these people out of here!! Res look what a local union has done!! Mayor erkel don't like this.
    Local union tips off Border Patrol to undocumented workers

Federal agents are not the only ones trying to remove people from the Buffalo area who have entered the country illegally.

If Bill Bing, a carpenters union official, discovers that undocumented immigrants are working at a local construction project, the union tips off authorities.

That information has led to some raids and arrests, he said, although the detention last month of 32 individuals suspected of being in the country illegally and working at projects was not his tip.

"We were not directly responsible for the information on those two raids," said Bing, the local representative for the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters.
    Bing said he is glad to see the enforcement of immigration laws and makes no apologies for when he or other union members tip off federal and state authorities.
    The jobs should go to American citizens and that it is not a union-versus-nonunion issue, he said.

"There are very good local union and nonunion contractors who suffer the fallout from dirty business," Bing said. "This directly affects area living standards, not to mention the tax dollars New York State, Erie County and the local municipalities don't and won't see."

Other trade unions, he said, tip off authorities, "but they are not as proactive as we are. The carpenters union devotes a lot of money and resources to this."
    The question is we take in refugees that have no skills, compatible language and culture,, yet we have 93 million working age Americans not working, and over 40 million on food assistance.
    I don't understand this. They do the jobs that Americans don't want to do. Then stop paying Americans to do nothing. Any and all immigration needs to be effected to how it benefits the citizens of the host country first. Buffalo, Troy, and other NY municipalites losing population seem to use the refugee crisis as a way to bolster their numbers.

Again bottom line,, immigration needs to be planned in how it benefits America first and the refugee second. 10s of Millions are born into poverty in the world each year. The long term solution would be solving the problems in the host countries first, otherwise it's like treating cancer one cell at a time. This could be achieved by judicious use of widespread birth control. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    The question is we take in refugees that have no skills, compatible language and culture,, yet we have 93 million working age Americans not working, and over 40 million on food assistance.
    I don't understand this. They do the jobs that Americans don't want to do. Then stop paying Americans to do nothing. Any and all immigration needs to be effected to how it benefits the citizens of the host country first. Buffalo, Troy, and other NY municipalites losing population seem to use the refugee crisis as a way to bolster their numbers.

Again bottom line,, immigration needs to be planned in how it benefits America first and the refugee second. 10s of Millions are born into poverty in the world each year. The long term solution would be solving the problems in the host countries first, otherwise it's like treating cancer one cell at a time. This could be achieved by judicious use of widespread birth control. period.
    It should be planned but its not. Look at the city just bring them in then go hide in a church. Just read illegals coming in over the boarder are down first time since Obama left and more of them being sent back. I really cant figure out why libs want these crazy people in this country they give back nothing crime. we have laws. Don't tell me because of votes these people cant even write their names yet vote.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

It should be planned but its not. Look at the city just bring them in then go hide in a church. Just read illegals coming in over the boarder are down first time since Obama left and more of them being sent back. I really cant figure out why libs want these crazy people in this country they give back nothing crime. we have laws. Don't tell me because of votes these people cant even write their names yet vote.
    'HUMANITARIAN"...I keep seeing this catchword every time a spokesperson from Journeys End or International Institute appear on media

If so concerned..why doesn't Eva Hassett, a pro immigrant advocate...take in a few dozen to live with her in her upper middle class mansion??
    Or Poloncarz..pitch a tent in his Delaware Ave yard, or take in some families to live with him!

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    'HUMANITARIAN"...I keep seeing this catchword every time a spokesperson from Journeys End or International Institute appear on media

If so concerned..why doesn't Eva Hassett, a pro immigrant advocate...take in a few dozen to live with her in her upper middle class mansion??
    Or Poloncarz..pitch a tent in his Delaware Ave yard, or take in some families to live with him!
    This how the left operates, Redistribution to them when you have achieved something they have not, redistribution to others when it's something they won't personally accept the fruits of their efforts ie. refugees.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    This how the left operates, Redistribution to them when you have achieved something they have not, redistribution to others when it's something they won't personally accept the fruits of their efforts ie. refugees.
    Apparently Cheekman see's it for what it is.

We have Joe D pointing out how supporters don't actually "support financially" what they are forcing others to pay for.

Save Us wrapping it up

Only way to finally stop this nonsense is to start at the bottom on the local town board level. Support starts at the bottom.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information