Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FOX News says Buffalo NY has serious refugee problems

Catholic charities is the biggest org. bring these people here. stop the money flow in giving to CC and you stop these people from coming here. Also mayor ekel would never oppose it.

Buffalo refugee overload: Is the need for “culturally-engaged health care” coming to a town near you?

No wonder Buffalo is so overloaded with needy refugees, five of the nine major contractors have offices there!

BTW, when I first posted this handy list of resettlement subcontractors in December, the State Department said they had 180 cities, but I saw yesterday that they are saying 190 cities (so they gained ten more in the last few months!).

CWS (Church World Service)
    NY-CWS-07: Journey’s End Refugee Services, Inc
    Address:
    Tri-Main Center, 2495 Main Street
    Buffalo, NY 14214-2152
    Phone:
    716-882-4963

DFMS (Episcopal Migration Ministries)
    NY-DFMS-07: Journey’s End Refugee Services, Inc
    Address:
    2459 Main Street, Suite 317
    Buffalo, NY 14214
    Phone:
    716-882-4963

HIAS (Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society)
    NY-HIAS-06: Jewish Family Service Of Buffalo And Erie County
    Address:
    70 Barker Street
    Buffalo, NY 14209
    Phone:
    716-883-1914

USCCB (US Conference of Catholic Bishops)
    NY-USCCB-02: Refugee Assistance Program Catholic Charities
    Address:
    20 Herkimer Street
    Buffalo, NY 14213
    Phone:
    716-842-0270

USCRI (US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants)
    NY-USCRI-02: International Institute Of Buffalo, Inc.
    Address:
    864 Delaware Avenue
    Buffalo, NY 14209
    Phone:
    716-883-190

Erie County resettles the highest number of refugees in New York State; approximately one third of the state’s 3,700 refugees resettled in Buffalo in 2013. Many arrive in the U.S. driven from their home countries by social and political upheaval, war, and economic or agricultural distress. Even with committed organizations assisting refugees, many barriers exist to obtaining culturally-engaged health care.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Other than the 10,000 refugee claim...I would say there is a lot of truth to the statement.
    This is the #1 issue I have with people who want to try and compare the immigration of Germans, Irish, Italians and other Europeans in the past. There was a much stronger emphasis on assimilation to American culture than what appears to exist today. If people want to have an honest conversation, which many do not, they would need to include this. Something as simple as saying Americans need to be better than they were 100 years ago in welcoming those from foreign lands, but at the same time, those from foreign lands must take very seriously the goal of assimilation into American culture. This position has no logical argument against.

The #2 issue, for me at least, is also being honest about the cost of assimilation for refugees into American towns and cities. The resources that are provided today simply did not exist back then. It was up to the local community to provide and nurture new immigrants. Now this does not mean that providing for refugees shouldn't happen. America has improved and learned from it's past...at least I hope so. But it still does not change the fact that because these services are being provided....comparisons to past immigration are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Who's going to pay for all these refugees, their housing, welfare, health insurance, food stamps & education etc.........
    and soon to be free college education to all NYS residents, add this with skyrocketing costs of providing the basic service's, 6 figure salaries, benefits & 6 figure Pensions etc.....when the tax base keeps shrinking ? No problem, business as usual, just keep on raising property taxes & other taxes &. fees every year. I almost forgot, the school districts also have skyrocketing costs too, again 6 figure salaries & pensions + benefits. Then when most government workers retire they move to Florida, North & South Carolina, Arizona and other warm climate cities and take their 6 figure pensions with them.

Yes, upstate is losing population for many of the reasons that you mention. This is what liberal left ideologies do to a place. Tax and spend, put your children's future in jeopardy for votes. The liberal ideologues won't be happy until they have turned an area into the third world. Of course you don't hear about the increase in gang activity, teenage pregnancy, school drop outs, and increasing reliance on social welfare systems.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    This is the #1 issue I have with people who want to try and compare the immigration of Germans, Irish, Italians and other Europeans in the past. There was a much stronger emphasis on assimilation to American culture than what appears to exist today. If people want to have an honest conversation, which many do not, they would need to include this. Something as simple as saying Americans need to be better than they were 100 years ago in welcoming those from foreign lands, but at the same time, those from foreign lands must take very seriously the goal of assimilation into American culture. This position has no logical argument against.

The #2 issue, for me at least, is also being honest about the cost of assimilation for refugees into American towns and cities. The resources that are provided today simply did not exist back then. It was up to the local community to provide and nurture new immigrants. Now this does not mean that providing for refugees shouldn't happen. America has improved and learned from it's past...at least I hope so. But it still does not change the fact that because these services are being provided....comparisons to past immigration are not the same.

Allah does not permit mixing of his people with other religions, as they are inferior and should be subjugated or eliminated. Their prophet was a bloodthirsty war monger. If they were so great you would see France clamoring for more. You would see
    Islamic countries taking more. They criticized Israel but Israel takes their own from all over the world into that tiny country. That should tell you something.

Even Merkel admits she may have made a mistake. No sh#t.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Allah does not permit mixing of his people with other religions, as they are inferior and should be subjugated or eliminated. Their prophet was a bloodthirsty war monger. If they were so great you would see France clamoring for more. You would see Islamic countries taking more. They criticized Israel but Israel takes their own from all over the world into that tiny country. That should tell you something.

Even Merkel admits she may have made a mistake. No sh#t.

Don't take this the wrong way because I like our conversations. But saying ALL Muslims would take this position is equal to saying ALL Muslims are terrorists. There are obviously variances in the spectrum. Absolute positions or views that ignore the spectrum is the root of the problem IMHO.

If we're actually going to solve this issue what needs to happen is being able to identity that some are good people of a faith that simply want to live their life to the fullest, while at the same time, saying that some are horrible humans that simply want to destroy everything around them in the distorted view that their ideology is superior to others and the only option for everyone

Unregistered

St Gerard's Becoming a Mosque

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The building is being reused. I don't see an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    The building is being reused. I don't see an issue with it.
    So did the neighbor next door to a building in Amherst on Transit Rd a few years ago...until he found out it was a mosque...then posted a sign ON HIS PROPERTY ... with an arrow pointing to the mosque "BOMB BUILDING TAUGHT HERE"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Does he know for a fact "BOMB CLASSES" were being held?

Unregistered

Read the Quran !!!!!

Go read the Quran (the Bible of Islam) Islam cannot co exist with any other religion, Remember the Lackawanna 5 ?

Killing to Avoid Hell
    Does Islam teach that a person may avoid Hell by killing for Allah?

According to the Quran, all Muslims will spend time in hell for their sins. After paying the price, Muslims will then be allowed into paradise.
    Muhammad made an exception for prophets (ie. himself) and for anyone dying in battle for the cause of Allah's religion.

Quran
    Taken together, Sura (69) and verse (84:7-12) present a picture of the reckoning Muslims face on Judgment Day, in which believers are given sentences based on their deeds.
    Quran (19:70-72) - "And surely We are Best Aware of those most worthy to be burned therein. There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord. Then We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching there." No person will avoid going to hell, but Muslims will eventually be pulled out.

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward." Allah distinguishes Muslims from one another based on their willingness to fight and die in Holy War. Non-violent Muslims will not receive the same reward as the Jihadis.

Quran (8:15-16) - "O ye who believe! when ye meet the Unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them. If any do turn his back to them on such a day - unless it be in a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop (of his own)- he draws on himself the wrath of Allah, and his abode is Hell,- an evil refuge (indeed)!" Not only does Muhammad lay down the principle that a Muslim can serve time in Hell, but they may find themselves there for neglecting to kill unbelievers when directed to do so.

Quran (9:39) - "If ye go not forth He will afflict you with a painful doom..." It isn't enough to believe. Muhammad is telling his soldiers (who do not want to fight) that they will be sent to hell if they do not join the battle.

Quran (3:169-170) - "Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord; They rejoice in the bounty provided by Allah: And with regard to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the (Martyrs) glory in the fact that on them is no fear, nor have they (cause to) grieve." Martyrs go directly from life to paradise, where they wait for those who must first go through the Day of Judgment.

Hadith and Sira
    Sahih Muslim (20:4678) - It has been reported on the authority of Jabir that a man said: "Messenger of Allah, where shall I be if I am killed?" He replied: "In Paradise." The man threw away the dates he had in his hand and fought until he was killed (i. e. he did not wait until he could finish the dates).

Sahih Muslim (20:4649) - The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: 'All the sins of a Shahid (martyr) are forgiven except debt.

Sahih Bukhari (52:46) - I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The example of a Mujahid in Allah's Cause-- and Allah knows better who really strives in His Cause----is like a person who fasts and prays continuously. Allah guarantees that He will admit the Mujahid in His Cause into Paradise if he is killed, otherwise He will return him to his home safely with rewards and war booty."

Abu Dawud (14:2515) - I asked the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him): Who are in Paradise? He replied: "Prophets are in Paradise, martyrs are in Paradise."

Notes
    According to Muhammad, the only sure path to paradise is through Jihad.

Although Muslims are to face the Last Day, where their time in hell is to be determined (with sins weighed against good deeds) Muhammad laid down an exception for martyrs - those who are slain in the cause of Allah - at a time when he conveniently needed them. They get the fast track to Paradise where they wait on the rest (Quran (3:169-170)). A martyr doesn't necessarily have to kill anyone, but a Muslim is required to join the battle (if able) and at least make an attempt to kill (Quran (9:39)).

Islam's teaching, in this regard, differs from that of other religions and certainly helps explain the violence:

Religion, for many, is often a major stabilizing force. By contrast, Islam promotes internal anxiety by keeping any true degree of comfort that one has ultimately pleased Allah enough to avoid Hell out of reach. (FrontPage: Naming the Enemy)

In 2015, Jamaican cleric, Abdullah al-Faisal, told his followers that killing is the only sure way for sinning Muslims to avoid Hell: "Some people are so sinful, after living in Dar ul-Harb (the West) for many years, the only way they can go to Paradise is for them to die on the battlefield fighting for Allah. When you go to the battlefield and you kill the kuffar (non-Muslims), they shall take your place in the hellfire." (source)

just what this area don't need. more of these people..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    just what this area don't need. more of these people..

I hear the Mayor and Buffalo are putting up 100's of welcome signs in Arabic Lanugage.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I hear the Mayor and Buffalo are putting up 100's of welcome signs in Arabic Lanugage.
    Point us to where they are doing this

Unregistered
    I just google it and found a picture
    Buffalo-welcomes-You-NY-730x441

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Help me out. I can't find the picture. I googled a few different ways including Buffalo-welcomes-You-NY-730x441

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information