Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interlopers?

Interlopers?

I've only seen the word Interloper used twice in my life, once was on this site I will cut and past the post below, the other time was this morning in the Buffalo News I will also cut and paste that article. Judge for yourself if these two are the same person. I'm sure someone will ask what's the big deal? my problem is we have someone who should be acting as the "first LADY" of Hamburg choosing a screen name like Vocal against Hochul...that sounds like prepubescent melodrama If I've ever heard it.

VAH writes:
    Bwilson--Walters has plenty of support, believe me. Obviously not from the dyed-in-the-wool Dems, but the Dems don't have the support of the dyed-in-the-wool Pubs, so it goes both ways. It just appears that Walters has no support because in Town Hall, it is my understanding that he doesn't. Like I've said before, no one wants to upset the applecart--ruin the little party. Someone new comes in and they're viewed as an interloper. That is how politics are EVERYWHERE. It's a filthy job. I just give Walters credit for keeping his head up and going to Town Hall everyday. I, for one, couldn't stand to work amongst bitter miscreants on a daily basis. Anyway, just because Dan Meyer, Betty Newell and employees of the town have a personal beef with Walters doesn't mean he doesn't have a slew of quiet support. Remember, this is a town of 50,000, so even if a loquacious bunch of naysayers demean him, that's still A LOT of people whose opinions aren't known.

And trust me when I tell you... the tide is about to turn. Trust me.

Incidentally, because I don't feel like going to the other thread, I want to address your question about TB candidates. For the Dems, the rumors I hear are Brad Rybczynski, the clerk's son; Vincent Gugliuzza, a Dem. Committee person; and Randy Hoak, although that one seems the least likely to run at this point.

Oh, and Rocco Lueck? I had to laugh. His campaign was deplorable! You can't even call it a campaign. Throwing up a few signs near the Steel Plant... I think that was the extent of it. He was beaten handily by Quatroche & Kesner. I don't see another run in his future, after two failed attempts. Just my opinion.

New 'kids' on the block face political bullies

10/29/2006

Beth Kontrabecki Walters is the wife of Hamburg Town Supervisor Steven Walters, and hates politics.

By JONATHAN ALTER

Middle school is typically not a time most of us reflect upon with much longing. I believe much of that sentiment is rooted in the unpleasant memories of how cliquey the preteen scene can be - we've all been exposed to a clique of malcontents at one point or another, and we all know, or even may have been at one point, the kid who was cruelly targeted for sadistic amusement by the aforementioned groups. Unfortunate, but par for the course in the world of prepubescent melodrama.
    Now imagine, if you would, that same behavior carrying over into adulthood. Or better yet - into our government. Probably not too absurd an allegory, given the general public's distaste for our politicians. However, recently in the news we have seen the newly elected town supervisors in three of Western New York's larger suburbs - supervisors who, it must be noted, never held public office before - made to feel the class misfit amongst a clique of people who either cannot come to grips with the fact that their previous, beloved supervisor is gone or just cannot accept change under any circumstances.

Wake up! The taxpayers voted in the nonpolitical supervisors and disposed of the entrenched political supervisors for a reason.

Since taking office in January, these new leaders have been railroaded behind closed doors at meetings, treated as interlopers by the cliques they dare to penetrate and castigated in the media by said cliques for stepping up and saying "no" to the status quo. Egos of these town officials, like those in a preteen clique, are larger than the Goodyear Blimp. A new town supervisor dares challenge a 20-year incumbent, no matter how terrible his or her perspective, ideas or proposals? Blasphemy!

It doesn't matter how out of touch our area career politicians are with their constituency; don't come in and upset the apple cart, or they'll try to take you down, both barrels blazing.

These newly elected supervisors came into their new jobs with one goal in mind: to serve the people. They are, in every sense of the word, public servants, not politicians. They don't slap backs, they don't dole out favors, they don't condescend to those they represent and they are beholden to no one. They are straightforward and altruistic. Why on earth would they enter into a job where their "colleagues" repeatedly treat them with disdain, but for a cause they believe in?

This is a job where they endlessly encounter people who have their hands out - however, these same people don't want their services cut nor will they pay higher taxes - and a job where they're subjected to the often rude rantings of disgruntled residents.

They do it because they want to better their community, plain and simple.

It needs to be made known how unprofessional and petty our entrenched politicians can be - and lest we forget, they're grown-ups. I always thought this behavior would be checked at the door after we turned 18. But it's an even uglier game than any of us can imagine, as I have learned through direct observation. The cliques can be nastier than even the worst of the preteen bullies.

So to those who reside in the towns with their nonpolitician, newly elected supervisors, I ask you this: Place your faith in your supervisor. They are untainted - breaths of fresh air who are solely looking out for you, and will hopefully turn your town around. For the better.

What is an Interloper anyway?

I can almost hear the pages VAH's thesaurus turning as she formulates a reply

An "interloper" is one who interlopes.

One entry found for interloper.
    Main Entry: in·ter·lop·er
    Pronunciation: "in-t&r-'lO-p&r, 'in-t&r-"
    Function: noun
    : one that interlopes : as a : an illegal or unlicensed trader b : one that intrudes in a place or sphere of activity

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by bwilson
    I can almost hear the pages VAH's thesaurus turning as she formulates a reply

Wow...interloper...anyone with a highschool education knows what an interloper is... did we not take the SATs? Its amazing that bwilson has such a retention for such words written in this forum about 3 weeks ago. Doesn't sound like bwilson has much of a life. I think that bwilson has become rather obsessed with Walters.... I thought that the article written by Beth Walters was truly a great piece of writing. Especially when she refers to the board as having a middle school maturity level. Right on the money. I'm sure bwilson is stewing in anger right now. Upset to hear the truth are we? Well get used to it. More and more citizens in Hamburg are beginning to realize the destruction that the board is responsible for. I can't wait until this ruthless campaign against Walters blows up in their faces...being the interlopers that they are. I'm thrilled that the other side of the coin has been represented finally in a newspaper that is not corrupt in any way...AND by our first LADY of Hamburg. And who cares who Vocal Against Hochel is. Bwilson....concentrate on holding your grounds in this forum instead of doing ridiculous detective work on a screen name that rubs you the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by gamsey
    Wow...interloper...anyone with a highschool education knows what an interloper is... did we not take the SATs? Its amazing that bwilson has such a retention for such words written in this forum about 3 weeks ago. Doesn't sound like bwilson has much of a life. I think that bwilson has become rather obsessed with Walters.... I thought that the article written by Beth Walters was truly a great piece of writing. Especially when she refers to the board as having a middle school maturity level. Right on the money. I'm sure bwilson is stewing in anger right now. Upset to hear the truth are we? Well get used to it. More and more citizens in Hamburg are beginning to realize the destruction that the board is responsible for. I can't wait until this ruthless campaign against Walters blows up in their faces...being the interlopers that they are. I'm thrilled that the other side of the coin has been represented finally in a newspaper that is not corrupt in any way...AND by our first LADY of Hamburg. And who cares who Vocal Against Hochel is. Bwilson....concentrate on holding your grounds in this forum instead of doing ridiculous detective work on a screen name that rubs you the wrong way.

It was a fine writing sample, however her jabs at the Town Board and local politics lose all credibility in the light of her online identity. To come on here under the name vocal against Hochul speaks volumes as to her true motive. She has clearly thrown the first punch and is working hard to perpetuate name calling, while using the current budget debate to start a smear campaign against a council member who is up for election next year. these tactics are the very same thing that she is writing about in the News column today. shameful....

It was a fine writing sample, however her jabs at the Town Board and local politics lose all credibility in the light of her online identity. To come on here under the name vocal against Hochul speaks volumes as to her true motive. She has clearly thrown the first punch and is working hard to perpetuate name calling, while using the current budget debate to start a smear campaign against a council member who is up for election next year. these tactics are the very same thing that she is writing about in the News column today. shameful....

You are basing the identity of VAH on one word. YOU have no credibility, and the only punches being thown are by you. Do you have proof that VAH is indeed Beth Walters? What is your concrete evidence?! You have none. Vocal Against Hochul is a screen name, plain and simple. In fact, the melodrama (oh no....maybe I'm Beth Walters because I used this word!) you are creating by even speculating the person behind VAH only shows that you are in the town boards back pocket. Beth Walters wrote to voice her feelings (a right every American has) about what is happening to HER HUSBAND. She sees the HORRIBLE way the town board has treated Walters, and she is expressing her views on the situation just as Dan Meyer did in his many biased articles and interviews in the Sun. Can dish it out, but can't take it... perhaps I should change my screen name to "bwilson,bignorant" or "as a wholly,we dislike Cavacoli"...or better yet "interkesnerloper"....how about "DopeyQuatrocchi"....see how easy it is....and fun too.

You are basing the identity of VAH on one word. .
    one very obscure word that is used in the exact same context referring to the exact same person in both articles. Anybody else see this as just a big coincidence?

Unregistered
    one very obscure word that is used in the exact same context referring to the exact same person in both articles. Anybody else see this as just a big coincidence?
    I find it amazing your trying to discredit Beth Walters because you believe she is using the screen name VAH when you don't use your real name either. I guess by your own standards you are full of crap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FJB
    I find it amazing your trying to discredit Beth Walters because you believe she is using the screen name VAH when you don't use your real name either. I guess by your own standards you are full of crap as well.
    well you won't find me taking the "high & mighty road" in the Buffalo News but slinging mud on here

Unregistered
    well you won't find me taking the "high & mighty road" in the Buffalo News but slinging mud on here
    I'll tell you what I think. I think if you are a person of influence or power in some fashion in politics, than you should at the very least use your initials on this site. You don't have to make it easy for people to figure out who you are, but at least stand behind your comments with your identity. I originally didn't want to come out and give my identity but I believe in what I say and am not scared of the mud thrown back at me. If I knew how to change my sign to my full name I would. Anyone here involved in politics who will only say their comments behind the vail of anonymity are cowards who don't deserve to be leaders in our community. That goes for the wife's of our leaders as well.

You are basing the identity of VAH on one word. YOU have no credibility, and the only punches being thown are by you. Do you have proof that VAH is indeed Beth Walters? What is your concrete evidence?! You have none. Vocal Against Hochul is a screen name, plain and simple. In fact, the melodrama (oh no....maybe I'm Beth Walters because I used this word!) you are creating by even speculating the person behind VAH only shows that you are in the town boards back pocket. Beth Walters wrote to voice her feelings (a right every American has) about what is happening to HER HUSBAND. She sees the HORRIBLE way the town board has treated Walters, and she is expressing her views on the situation just as Dan Meyer did in his many biased articles and interviews in the Sun. Can dish it out, but can't take it... perhaps I should change my screen name to "bwilson,bignorant" or "as a wholly,we dislike Cavacoli"...or better yet "interkesnerloper"....how about "DopeyQuatrocchi"....see how easy it is....and fun too.

Do you really want more proof?

I have more proof.

Just ask

Is that ever true!

You prefer to keep you mud slinging here to avoid the scrutiny which would destroy your positions. Writing to the Buffalo News would require you to reveal who you really are and THAT would remove any shred of credibility that you still have. Hiding behind a "screen name" allows you to spread false information, make snyde remarks and belittling comments without having to face the consequences. Mud slinging here is being done EXCLUSIVELY by you and your group.

As with all fanatics, you refuse to debate fairly but use questionable "facts" and downright falsehoods to back your position. When your beliefs are show to be totally indefensible, you "go to the gutter."

Maybe it is time you face the fact that Pat Hoak lost and move on. The Town of Hamburg is no longer a Democraic bastion.

I know that facing the prospect that next year could bring the end of years of Democratic mis-rule is a scary thing for you. Maybe it is time to get ready for the inevitible. If you hated 2006, I guarantee that you'll hate 2007.

If anyone really thinks that Kathy Hochul will be running for re-election next year, they are really out of touch! We all know that she will move on to Albany with Spitzer. Sad really, she is so vunerable next year with all of her out of touch positions (Garbage District, Seaway Trail, SNOW MUSEUM??) and grandstanding over the past few years.

Just a prediction - Kathy Courtney Hochul will soon start taking credit for he tolls coming off of the 190. She will claim that it was her opposition and tireless efforts that resulted in the removal. Did she oppose the tolls? Sure! WE ALL DID!

In reality, when the tolls come down it was the result of a lawsuit filed by Carl Paladino. Unlike most career politicians, he puts his money where his mouth is!

Just another reminder that, if you look close enough, you can clearly see a pattern of grandstanding and taking credit for the efforts of others.

Who Cares?????????????????

Do you really want more proof?

I have more proof.

Just ask
    Who really cares? Why are you so obsessed with Vochul against Hochul????? Could it be that what she says is accurate?

I also find it interesting that, as you stated in another thread, your favorite author is B. Wilson who wrote:

"Cover Your Tracks Without Changing Your Identity: How to Disappear Until You WANT to Be Found"

Quote Originally Posted by HamburgVoter
    Who really cares? Why are you so obsessed with Vochul against Hochul????? Could it be that what she says is accurate?

I also find it interesting that, as you stated in another thread, your favorite author is B. Wilson who wrote:

"Cover Your Tracks Without Changing Your Identity: How to Disappear Until You WANT to Be Found"
    so you do want more proof? I was really hoping we could move on here. But if you really want me to shed some more light on this person's motives I will, I was hoping we could stick to some more important topics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information