Thread: Explain the logic of "sanctuary" cities to me

Explain the logic of "sanctuary" cities to me

I would like somebody to explain the logic of "sanctuary" cities to me.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    I would like somebody to explain the logic of "sanctuary" cities to me.
    voting blocks

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is a valid question.

Why would property owners want their city labeled a "sanctuary" city?

I'm assuming and correct me if I am wrong...

If families illegally enter the USA and get to a sanctuary city the property owners will....

Cover the cost of education if those families enroll in public schools....

Cover the cost of "law enforcement" situations....More people more police are needed...

The property owners/kids end up competing against the increased population for jobs...

Above that level either at the state/federal.....

Cover medical cost if the costs are not covered by the family.....

Cover what ever "aid" is needed if the family can't afford living expenses....

Why would a elected official of a city/town push for this when it's not in the best interest of the property owners?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That is a valid question.

Why would property owners want their city labeled a "sanctuary" city?

I'm assuming and correct me if I am wrong...

If families illegally enter the USA and get to a sanctuary city the property owners will....

Cover the cost of education if those families enroll in public schools....

Cover the cost of "law enforcement" situations....More people more police are needed...

The property owners/kids end up competing against the increased population for jobs...

Above that level either at the state/federal.....

Cover medical cost if the costs are not covered by the family.....

Cover what ever "aid" is needed if the family can't afford living expenses....

Why would a elected official of a city/town push for this when it's not in the best interest of the property owners?
    Because they wish to be defiant and belligerent. It's just a pissing match where their constituents are the ones that lose.
    It seems that Americans matter least in any equation as it applies to refugees, legal and illegal immigrants. It defies any logic I can muster.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why won't Schumer put at much effort into helping people here as he does helping people from other countries?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is Mark Poloncarz

He made his facebook cover photo this:

Every human should treated with respect. My issue is wouldn't you help those are in need here before bringing more people in need to the city?

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure funds end up going to support people who are brought to the City. Those funds don't magically grow on trees. That money is taken from people who are already here in the form of taxes.

Why would Mark put foreigner's needs over the needs of people who are already here?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This is Mark Poloncarz

He made his facebook cover photo this:

Every human should treated with respect. My issue is wouldn't you help those are in need here before bringing more people in need to the city?

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure funds end up going to support people who are brought to the City. Those funds don't magically grow on trees. That money is taken from people who are already here in the form of taxes.

Why would Mark put foreigner's needs over the needs of people who are already here?
    Somehow according to liberals, foreign nationals, immigration attorneys, and others that there seems to have developed an unalienable right to come to this country. It's all very strange how this just seemed to have morphed into some alternate reality in these people's minds. People do NOT have a right to come here, and the public should have knowledge and a say in it. You have to have a public hearing for zoning but not critical things like this.

I look at this political cartoon, and I can't help but think that these sundry groups are going to fight like cats and dogs once they get here. Do Iraqis get along with Iranians? Not that there is such a thing. It's a tribal culture.

Thread Information