Thread: Mayoral race

Mayoral race

Did I just read that Mark Schroeder is running for mayor? That Mark Schroeder? Hahahahahahahahaheeheeheeheehohohohohohoho...can't ..catch...my breath...hahahahahaheeheeheeheehohohohoho.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So what is wrong with Mark for Mayor. I think he's a bit low energy as Trump would say but otherwise why don't you like him as Mayor?

I personally witnessed Mark speak at a fund raiser for James Keane when he ran against Collins. Some what disappointing in his tone but that may have been because of the audience he was speaking to. The class warfare skit. There were a few times I contact him/his office and he was right on the ball. Excellent service.

Low energy? How about comatose? And you're dead on about the class warfare stuff. He's the type of guy who would stifle what little progress has been made in reinvigorating the city.

WSFirst
    Brown has never got lower than 63% of the vote including Kearns vs in the Primary. How does Schroeder expect to beat Kearns' 37%? Good luck.

I think Erkel was biding his time, expecting an apppointment to some high paying do nothing job in the Hillary administration. I bet he didn't know whether to sh*t or go blind on election night! Now he's in a pickle. Whoever the Dems pick for mayor will, by definition, be a cipher.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    With 15 homicides, Buffalo off to deadliest start in a decade

his year started off with three homicides on Jan 1.

The shootings and killings have not abated more than two months later. Three people were slain in the first week of March.

In total, there have been 15 homicides so far in 2017, the deadliest start of a new year in at least a decade. But police say the spike does not necessarily mean 2017 will end as one of the deadliest years.
    http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/08/ra...ime=1488982215

I wonder how any candidate is going to address this issue.

You can have all the subsidized growth you want but it won't stop bullets from flying around.

Has anyone tried to piece together why kids/young adult resorts to this violence?

If the city of Buffalo elects an Obama, Holder, Emmanuel, Wilhelm er, DiBlasio style "shoot the cops first" fanatic the murder rate in Buffalo will skyrocket as it has in Chicago and elsewhere in America. For all his faults Erkel is not supportive of such an outcome.

Nothing about the Current Mayor spending what this link shows, Hello Buffalo.. http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/02/ta...-play-defense/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Nothing will come of that. It will just fade away like other things do.

That's a lot of money wasted on that one issue

$645,000

You remember monty's don't you?

http://www.montysheavybuilthomes.com/

That could have been these

New 28x48 Front Kitchen 3Bedroom/2Bath Double Wide.........$43,995.00

Includes Delivery, Setup, Central Air, and 1 year Manufacturer Warranty
    http://www.montysheavybuilthomes.com...pageID=16874_2

$645,000 / $44,000 = 14 units... 14 families could have had trailers...

or home meals

What's the average U.S. cost of a home-cooked meal?

That is entirely dependent upon several factors, including social status, living situation, personal preference, etc. Quite frankly, I could make a simple dinner for an entire family for about $10. It might not be the most balanced meal, but it'll be filling, and it'll satisfy the palate. Cooking at home will almost always be cheaper than eating out regularly at restaurants. If you're not having fast food, one plate of food after tax and tip and cost between $15-20, and that's not even at a fancy restaurant. Alternatively, like I said, I can cook a dinner for a whole family or for two that will last several days for under $40... EASILY. The problem with home cooking is that it can be time consuming. Unless you cook with your family, you don't have anyone to do prep work and cleaning. Not to mention, many people don't know how to properly season their food. Home cooking seems expensive, but it really isn't when you consider how much you actually make. If you like leftovers, which I do, you can save a lot of money by eating those instead of eating out every day.
    https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-aver...me-cooked-meal

So $645,000 / $40 = 16,125 family means with left overs...

What so the residents of the City of Buffalo get? A boring Buffalo News Story.

Thread Information