Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethics Need Questioning

Ethics Need Questioning

Why is Jerry Kaminski voting on development of the land he just sold? Seems fishy to me

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/29/ch...church-losson/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    There are so many other vacant properties they could rehab -- like the Garden Village Plaza -- yet they want to build on green space.”
    When it comes down to it the Cheektowaga Democratic Party doesn't like green space. Remember it's not what they say but what they do. We are going to put a non tax revenue producing building in the place of trees.

"Building was not our first preference," Brady said. "It's a huge drain on our resources – emotionally and financially -- but we could not find anything to renovate.
    What a crock of crap.

With a little effort I bet we could find a much preferred area to build a church while preserving the dwindling green space our town has.

Sabre, how much was the green space sell for?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Talk about ethics...

Ralph Lorigo is an attorney who represents the interests of Kulback’s Construction, the project's general contractor headquartered in Lancaster. Lorigo described the church's use of the property as "one of the least intensive you could consider."
    Come election time you'll see how a politically connected lawyer who happens to be a party chairman can use endorsements to get yes votes. Who's seats are up when November rolls around?

"The church agreed to put sidewalks throughout the property," said Lorigo. "The town wanted us to do a traffic study. We did and found no significant adverse impact to the environment. I sent out 280 letters to neighbors inviting them to an informational meeting with residents. There was a major amount of opposition from the subdivisions."
    So what is the big deal about sidewalks?

I don't blame the property owners in the subdivisions because against traffic. It is a NEGATIVE affect on ones quality of life. Which now we see town board members really don't care about. Specially if they can gain a yes vote from the conservative party that Ralph happens to be the chairman. Could I be looking at this the wrong way?

"I can't come up with a single reason why anyone would be against a church," Kaminski said. "The whole thing was totally beyond my understanding."
    Of course you can't. The Church isn't being built next to your home now is it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Other than the library isn't that area basically residential?

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    how much was the green space sell for?

$340,000.

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    Who's seats are up when November rolls around?
    Linda Hammer, Tim Meyers and James Rogowski

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Talk about ethics...

Come election time you'll see how a politically connected lawyer who happens to be a party chairman can use endorsements to get yes votes. Who's seats are up when November rolls around?

So what is the big deal about sidewalks?

I don't blame the property owners in the subdivisions because against traffic. It is a NEGATIVE affect on ones quality of life. Which now we see town board members really don't care about. Specially if they can gain a yes vote from the conservative party that Ralph happens to be the chairman. Could I be looking at this the wrong way?

Of course you can't. The Church isn't being built next to your home now is it.
    I believe it is next to his home..

"So what is the big deal about sidewalks? "

The sidewalks are needed to keep the pedestrians from walking on Losson, a few years ago a man was killed. Older properties are not required to install them. St Mary's doesn't have them , I saw someone walking in the slushy street the other day, if they were a good neighbor I think they would install them, but I guess they have other priorities

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    I believe it is next to his home..
    I apologize then. Personally I wouldn't want a Church, 7/11, car wash next to my home. Not just because I think the traffic would grow but you need to take into account your neighbors feelings also. I see where Jerry is coming from. He sold the property which most everyone else would do.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    $340,000.
    Good for him. I'm serious.

ON the other hand I wouldn't come up with reason's why people would object to having a church next to their homes either if $340k waved in front of me

(Including a conservative party endorsement)

Kaminski votes on a property he is making a profit on and all I see is good for him!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I mean good for him as a seller of property. I didn't mean as a council person. Even if he didn't vote it would have still passed. You are correct he should not be involved because it is a conflict of interest. I'm surprised he doesn't know something like that can be used against him come election time.

You see theres a part of whats not seen or discussed - the Players behind the deal.

Most people just see a cash deal to good to refuse.

They dont wounder how the usual suspects are plugged into the deal. Who is/what is Mr.Lirego decides a lawyers?
    Who does the developer support financially during election cycles?

Its amazing how the same Party Players end up being plugged into these deals. You ask, so how would that affect the other elected officials ? Well elected officials survive by donations and Party endorsement.

But this is nothing new - it's what voters accept and support !

Just another day in Politics.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Insanity

This could possibly be the most INSANE post reply I've EVER read on here....

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    You see theres a part of whats not seen or discussed - the Players behind the deal.

Most people just see a cash deal to good to refuse.

They dont wounder how the usual suspects are plugged into the deal. Who is/what is Mr.Lirego decides a lawyers?
    Who does the developer support financially during election cycles?

Its amazing how the same Party Players end up being plugged into these deals. You ask, so how would that affect the other elected officials ? Well elected officials survive by donations and Party endorsement.

But this is nothing new - it's what voters accept and support !

Just another day in Politics.

Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    This could possibly be the most INSANE post reply I've EVER read on here....
    So explain why - it's all the same insider dealings that we've seen over and over again in Lancaster, Cheektowaga and Depew. Politics+Money=Approval.

Please prove your point -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information