Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retribution Doesn't Get More Petty Than This

Retribution Doesn't Get More Petty Than This

benczkowski.png

This seems like something that should be discussed here. The vote was 4 to 3. Rogowski, Magierski, Kaminski and Adamczyk voted in favor of removing the 89 year old veteran. Meyers, Hammer and Benczkowski voted to keep him. Evidently, it was political retribution because the Bingo inspector ran for committee against the cousin of one of the four who ousted him.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'll find out more about this.

I don't know much about Adamczyk other than they may have had an attendance issue with board meetings.

I was told Rogowski and Kaminski are part of the Max group.

Magierski should have retired completely and not run for the town board. She is not what our town needs on the board. Well in all honestly the town board needs to be "drained" as trump would put it.

What does a "bingo inspector" do? Do we really need one in the first place? How long has the elderly veteran held the position?

The "no" group probably doesn't have to give any reason why they voted no but were they asked why?

If I was supervisor I would question the no vote specially if there was no reason to vote no. Put them on the spot at the next board meeting.

Let me think on this and how I would ask the question.

Lets be honest here. The inspector is 89. Are they still sharp mentally? I occasionally visit a elderly care center. There are people who are in their 80's who have trouble remembering what they did the day before. Could this have been the reason the vote was no? Is driving involved being a bingo inspector? If so perhaps at 89 depending on the person they shouldn't be driving a car any longer. I know it's all a judgement call but maybe it's time they are not the bingo inspector. Understand what I'm saying here?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'll find out more about this.

I don't know much about Adamczyk other than they may have had an attendance issue with board meetings.

I was told Rogowski and Kaminski are part of the Max group.

Magierski should have retired completely and not run for the town board. She is not what our town needs on the board. Well in all honestly the town board needs to be "drained" as trump would put it.

What does a "bingo inspector" do? Do we really need one in the first place? How long has the elderly veteran held the position?

The "no" group probably doesn't have to give any reason why they voted no but were they asked why?

If I was supervisor I would question the no vote specially if there was no reason to vote no. Put them on the spot at the next board meeting.

Let me think on this and how I would ask the question.

Lets be honest here. The inspector is 89. Are they still sharp mentally? I occasionally visit a elderly care center. There are people who are in their 80's who have trouble remembering what they did the day before. Could this have been the reason the vote was no? Is driving involved being a bingo inspector? If so perhaps at 89 depending on the person they shouldn't be driving a car any longer. I know it's all a judgement call but maybe it's time they are not the bingo inspector. Understand what I'm saying here?

It's not so much about him but the FACT that the position was NOT publicly advertised but just given to a political insider.

So then it sounds like typical "Party Games" - its unfair but voters and Party Players have approved it for years.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    It's not so much about him but the FACT that the position was NOT publicly advertised but just given to a political insider.
    Why wouldn't it be publicly advertised. You would want to pick from the largest pool of qualified people if you were really working in the property owners best interest. Who doesn't agree with that?

Not to minimize the issue but you are talking about a bingo inspector, right. It's not like it's the town clerk or something. And I'm not nearly in my 80's and I have to stop and think what I did this morning and yesterday can be a real puzzle. Have there been a lot of bingo inspection scandals in town? How would anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why wouldn't it be publicly advertised. You would want to pick from the largest pool of qualified people if you were really working in the property owners best interest. Who doesn't agree with that?
    I think you already know the answer.

This is not the first time a former political insider was appointed to a paid position without a public posting in this town and it will not be the last with the current mindset of some board members and their political ties.

The minority of voters are running this town and others. Because the majority of eligible voters don't vote.

SO out of that minority, the majority are friends, family of town employees

Depew's recent vote proves it!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    https://www.gaming.ny.gov/pdf/Bingo_...tors_Guide.pdf

Bingo Inspector’s Guide
    1. The Bingo Licensing Law (General Municipal Law, Article 14

A thorough and effective bingo inspection requires the bingo inspector’s presence from approximately one half hour prior to the calling of the first ball, until the conclusion of the occasion. A bingo inspection consists primarily of a comparison of the inspector’s count of the bingo opportunities sold with the sales records compiled by the person in charge of the games.

Apparently there is travel involved. Anyone know how many Bingo games are held each week in cheektowaga? Who monitors that our new bingo inspector is doing their job?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Another one of the inspector’s primary responsibilities is to verify that the profits generated from the sale of bingo opportunities are properly reported. A failure to verify sales activity can result in the “skimming” of profits intended for charitable causes and a reduction in the additional license fees paid to the licensing municipality.
    We can not allow any skimming of the profits in Cheektowaga. Does the town have to supply a laptop or some type of verification system so we can track each bingo night is honest?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wanted to see what Alden paid their bingo inspector.

Contractual expenses: Bingo Inspector $500

Any idea what we pay ours..

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The new Bingo inspector is going to have a full week. When do they start?

http://bingoplanner.com/

Knights of Columbas Fr. Justin Council #5670
    2735 Union Rd.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14227

7:30 PM
    716-681-7251

Villa Maria College
    240 Pine Ridge
    Cheektowaga, NY 14225

7:00 PM

Tuesday

Knights of Columbus Fr. Justin Council #5670
    2735 Union Rd.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14227

1:00 PM
    716-681-7251

Resurrection RCC
    130 Como Park Blvd.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14227

Wednesday

Fr. Justin Council #5670 - Justinettes
    2735 Union Rd.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14227

716-681-7251

Thursday

Pvt. Leonard Post Jr. VFW Ladies Aux
    2450 Walden Ave.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14225

716-684-4371

Friday

Our Lady Help of Christians RCC
    4125 Union Rd.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14225

St. Philip the Apostle RCC
    950 Lossen Rd.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14227

Saturday

Infant of Prague RCC
    921 Cleveland Dr.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14225

7:15 PM
    716-907-5982

Villa Maria College
    240 Pine Ridge
    Cheektowaga, NY 14225

1:00 PM

Sunday

Pvt. Leonard Post Jr. VFW
    2450 Walden Ave.
    Cheektowaga, NY

Our Lady Help of Christians RCC
    4125 Union Rd.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14225

716-684-4371

There are 3 others, probably can handle the crushing workload

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I didn't know we had 4 in total.

Controversy over dismissal of WWII vet as Bingo Inspector

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WKBW) - A political controversy has flared up in Cheektowaga involving a World War II veteran whose position as a Bingo Inspector was not renewed by the town board.

Anthony Prep, 89, served as one of the town's four bingo inspectors for the past nine years.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/controversy...ingo-inspector

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Councilwoman Christine Adamczyk
    Councilwoman Alice Magierski
    Councilmember Gerald Kaminski

January 25, 2017

In response to Town of Cheektowaga Supervisor Diane Benczkowski’s outrageous claims regarding Bingo Inspectors, we provide the following.

On January 24, 2017 we voted in support of an elderly woman, Christine Witkowski, to be appointed as a Bingo Inspector to replace Tony Prep. Christine is on a fixed income and is qualified for this position. Our vote was not due to any animus toward Mr. Prep, but it was to give Christine the same opportunity that has been afforded to Mr. Prep for the last 9 years.
    First off... I find it funny the group would use the term "outrageous claims". Apparently they don't read their own campaign mailers...

Next...

So their best judgement is to replace someone with 9 years of experience with someone else because? Why is Christine more qualified than the current person? The fixed income doesn't come into play. I'm pretty sure the person who is 89 is also on a fixed income.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is Channel 2 talking about?

Cheektowaga, NY -- A political firestorm erupted on social media over the position of bingo inspector in Cheektowaga. 2 On Your Side spoke with the man who was let go and to town officials who are battling over this patronage job.

Official bingo inspector for the Town of Cheektowaga pays roughly $6,000 dollars a year to check bingo halls in town for compliance with state regulations on games of change. Anthony Prep was an inspector for nine years, but last night a majority of council members did not call his winning number. So he had this reaction when a replacement for him was chosen last night.
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/cheek...oard/392696244

Where is the first storm? I didn't really see much on facebook or anywhere other than what Alan posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information