Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Obama hates America

[QUOTE=BorderBob;1694331]Why is that?

We should penalize every elected member of our government for putting our future progeny in so much debt. For the record I disagree with any Keynesian economic plan that puts a yoke on the necks of our children.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I'm, pretty sure Obama doesn't hate America

With speeches, book deals, appearances......he's gonna love it even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    With speeches, book deals, appearances......he's gonna love it even more!
    Just like every other ex-President
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Just like every other ex-President
    I disagree here. If we go back to Carter, each has had a different level of activity since they left.

Carter did the most for the least. Which is why, unlike Obama, he earned a Nobel Prize. Reagan was somewhat active but his time was obviously cut short due to ALS. I also think after a lifetime in the spotlight he wanted to relax. Bush Sr. was not that active...out of choice. Bush Jr. was not that active out of popularity.

Bill Clinton on the other hand took things to a new level with making money once he left office but I honestly think a large part of his activity was simply an effort to stay relevant and give his wife a platform to build her run on. The Clinton Foundation is not even comparable to other foundations from former Presidents. Presidential foundations were mostly used to wrap around the construction of Presidential Libraries...which is a wonderful tradition we have. But the Clinton Foundation just kept going....

The Obama Foundation was created in 2014 with the goal of a library but we will see where it ends. Does Michelle have similar goals to Hillary? Does President Obama 'get back to work' in the next few months? I think he will but possibly not for the same 'personal' motivations that Bill and Hillary had. The reality is right now the left has no real leadership. Seriously..who is the national voice right now? The only one who can fill this role is President Obama.

My personal take is that he stays in the spotlight just enough to bring up a couple of names and then hands off the baton to them. While making a $100m along the way.

I agree with what you say at the end and it would make sense. First, he's still young and I'd say he's the most visible Democrat and probably the most popular. I think it would be smart for the party to woo him into becoming a speaking head for the Left and try to calm the chaos that is killing the Democratic party and try to bring some unity
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information