Thread: Depew intact! Give me 5!

Depew intact! Give me 5!

Voters have saved Depew but the issues and concerns have not gone away. Taxes, still high and nothing being done. Elected officials and administration elated now that they can go back to status quo after having their feathers ruffled. I for one say, not so fast.

A very large voter turnout is evidence of a willingness to get involved and that's great! Although many have a sense of relief, there are some who know and understand there has to be more done to save money for the taxpayers of Depew.

I propose the Village Government show their appreciation to the voters for a job well done and give us 5. Five percent that is. I'd like to see an across the board reduction of 5% in the labor costs associated with running the Village. Reduction in staff or pay, we can let them decide. That's only a nickle out of every dollar. Sure beats losing their job.

Elected and appointed officials and tax funded employees won't lose their jobs until homeowners quit paying taxes. They aren't worried about seemingly hollow threats.

As long as "their people" keep getting reelected - you'll(taxpayers) will leave before they do.

Once again - those who benefit from the spending of tax dollars out numbered taxpayers at the polls.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

At this moment in time all of the village employees are holding their union hands out for raises as they are negotiating cotracts. Since the Depew electorate overwhelmingly said, via the vote, they don't mind paying more taxes for their "great services" they'll probably get what they voted for. Oh boy, can't wait for that bill to come in. Depew is doomed.

Thread Information