Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So the vote was...

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    There is a fundamental reason why, since 2008, 60% of the villages to vote on this question voted against dissolution, the process puts the cart before the horse. I think it would be better to have it so the petition triggers the drafting of a dissolution plan and then the people should vote to adopt that plan or reject it.
    As I've posted before this is because Il Douche and his staff can't draft legislation that makes sense. And don't dismiss the possibility that the legislation is drafted in a manner that leads to "no" votes in order to provide Il Douche with "proof" that he favors consolidation and that taxes are caused by local governments, not by him, and it protects the public sector unions by leading to "no" votes most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That person didn't know about the depew vote. He saw my name on facebook and said hi the day before. My shop was a "computer nerd hangout" in the 80's/90's. I look in the obits now just to see how many people I know that passed away. I didn't know he moved until he contacted me on facebook. I posted his quote in response to Jennifer's post.

I gotta hand it to the No group. They carefully spread quite a bit of mis-information to a lot of people. A few elderly people mentioned to me that if the Village was dissolved they would have no fire protection or police protection. I said how do you know this. There were people going door to door telling them that. You know that was a bold face lie.
    res they will try again in four more years to dump it. So they have these two ladies on the news and one guy. One said we will have no police in Depew the other one said YA and no more fire dept. and the goofball guy said no one will plow our streets. OMG what do these people think free for all in Depew with no cops. Yes they were brain washed.
    The guy said they don't plow snow in cheek and Lancaster so we will have to wait days for our streets to be plowed. OMG wake up!! look fish fry Mark in cheek. and fish fry danny in lancaster would have to get the streets plows. Depew has some of the worst services out there!! dpw - it takes 30 years to get some of these side streets in Depew milled and paved. Tree removal in Depew packers say forget it along with bad sidewalks no policy. At least if cheek took over the policies would take effect. As for the village how many years did the Dpw do all the work in the village and forgot about the rest of Depew? What in gods name do you need a 28 man PD for when you have Lancaster and Cheektowaga ready to take it over. Gone would be there dumb speed traps that they have set up for the last 35 years because they have nothing else to do. Gone would be there own Depew speed way transit rd. You do not need another police chief captains and LT and a detective dept. Do these people in the village know what the cost in taxes is to run this dept. wake up people your taxes will only go up year after year. How about the garbage can tax that you had to pay for. BS...
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Only time will tell what happens now? Deepening debt is only going to get worse. All the people who wanted to maintain the Village should be asking themselves what happens now? Good luck I say!

Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    Only time will tell what happens now? Deepening debt is only going to get worse. All the people who wanted to maintain the Village should be asking themselves what happens now? Good luck I say!
    It certainly seems Depew residents have shot themselves in the foot. Now, for all to know is Depew has highest taxes around. Who will look at Depew homes for sale and say yeah! Sign me up! Only another person who lives in Depew may buy one, other than that? Who? Will property values go up? Doubtful. Will taxes continue to go up? Do I even need to ask?

What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by VietnamVet View Post
    It certainly seems Depew residents have shot themselves in the foot. Now, for all to know is Depew has highest taxes around. Who will look at Depew homes for sale and say yeah! Sign me up! Only another person who lives in Depew may buy one, other than that? Who? Will property values go up? Doubtful. Will taxes continue to go up? Do I even need to ask?What a mess.
    Sloan has the highest taxes in Erie county $64.xx per sqft, followed by Depew, then Cheektowaga. Notice they all PAY cheektowaga taxes.

Property values are on the rise in most of Erie County suburbs and a reassessment will send Depew's taxes even higher as it has done in parts of Cheektowaga the past couple years with a roughly 16% increase in the property tax bill combined that with any school tax increase and some school tax bills alone are 27% higher.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Nogods
    It is almost amusing how the losers of an election always want to blame the outcome on stupid voters who were mislead by the winning side. I say "almost" because it is sad how much disrespect the losers have for all those who voted for the winning side (or chose to virtually vote for the winning side by not voting).

I learned a lot from watching this process. The spreading of misleading information plays out well for political groups. That is a valid statement.

So apparently you respect the fact that groups of people basically mislead people to win? You are ok with that?

Saying one group of people mislead others is not being disrespectful when it's factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Sloan has the highest taxes in Erie county $64.xx per sqft, followed by Depew, then Cheektowaga. Notice they all PAY cheektowaga taxes.

Property values are on the rise in most of Erie County suburbs and a reassessment will send Depew's taxes even higher as it has done in parts of Cheektowaga the past couple years with a roughly 16% increase in the property tax bill combined that with any school tax increase and some school tax bills alone are 27% higher.
    I wonder if that includes schools, because Cheektowaga-Sloan is the highest taxed school district too.

I learned a lot from watching this process. The spreading of misleading information plays out well for political groups. That is a valid statement.

So apparently you respect the fact that groups of people basically mislead people to win? You are ok with that?

Saying one group of people mislead others is not being disrespectful when it's factual.
    I believe my fellow citizens are smart enough to vote for their best interest regardless of the lies politicians spread. You apparently think they are all too stupid to do so. Unless your favored candidate wins, then they are all mensa candidates

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I believe my fellow citizens are smart enough to vote for their best interest regardless of the lies politicians spread. You apparently think they are all too stupid to do so. Unless your favored candidate wins, then they are all mensa candidates
    When you continually hear opponents say they will lose plows, leaf pickup, police and fire protection then I think its a safe assumption.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    When you continually hear opponents say they will lose plows, leaf pickup, police and fire protection then I think its a safe assumption.

Depew FD don't even run First Aid/EMS calls, If you have a Heart Attack, Stroke in Depew , Lancaster Vol. Ambulance or AMR Ambulance comes

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Depew FD don't even run First Aid/EMS calls, If you have a Heart Attack, Stroke in Depew , Lancaster Vol. Ambulance or AMR Ambulance comes
    According to them, that's false.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    According to them, that's false.

Not quite, they do respond to auto accidents and industrial accidents so some are first aid certified, but they don't respond to routine ems calls so they are not providing the same service as the towns

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Not quite, they do respond to auto accidents and industrial accidents so some are first aid certified, but they don't respond to routine ems calls so they are not providing the same service as the towns
    Can you explain the difference? What is considered routine ems calls versus showing up to accidents?

Can you explain the difference? What is considered routine ems calls versus showing up to accidents?
    A Cheektowaga or Sloan resident calls 911, "I've fallen and I can't get up" or heart attack or stroke or whatever, your local fire dept is dispatched along with AMR ( formerly rural metro service) , a Depew resident calls 911, a Depew police officer and Lancaster volunteer ambulance shows up or possible amr if they are busy.

You're all right. Depew taxes are what they are. Residents of Depew who sell their homes will have to live with it when they sell their homes and buyers will have to live with it when they move in. Taxes aren't a secret so it'll get worked out in the process. The vote was held and the issue was decided for at least 4 years. Time to look forward to the continuing disaster that is the governorship of Il Douche.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information