Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Pundit what do you think of Hillary's comment?

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Actually, we Americans are hopeful that we won't have see this happy puss again after January 20th.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/QhHRZT]
    What is wrong with Mrs. Obama's face?
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Clinton says Putin grudge led Russia to hack: 'He has a personal beef against me'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/15/politi...ing/index.html
    I think her comment in terms of Putin's motivation for the hacking is possible. But I don't think it was wholly personal. The West has imposed sanctions since Putin's Ukraine and Crimean incursions that are specifically targeted at Putin's and his oligarchs' finances and movement. He thinks Trump will reverse these, and he's probably right.

First Lady Michelle Obama says Americans are not feeling hopeful after the election of Donald Trump.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...pe-feels-like/
    Not sure if you saw his rallies and the GOP convention, but is was a cavalcade of resentments and victimhood. Trump didn't sell hope, he sold fear and political/military cuckoldry and promised to reverse that somehow.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Apparently Hillary and crew will never look in the mirror for the reasons why they lost.

Morning Joe Stalwarts Are Tired of Hillary Clinton Blaming Others

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm..._medium=social

Apparently Hillary and crew will never look in the mirror for the reasons why they lost.

I don't care what "Morning Joe stalwarts" have to say, and of course Hillary Clinton bears the blame for her loss. But that's not what you asked me. You highlighted this text:

New York (CNN)Hillary Clinton blamed Vladimir Putin for the hacking of Democratic organizations during the 2016 election, telling donors that the Russian President's involvement stemmed from a "personal beef against me."

During a short speech pegged as a "thank you party" at the The Plaza Hotel, Clinton said the 2016 election hacking was enough to tip the balance in Donald Trump's favor. The comments were her first since the news of Putin's involvement.
    Here are the statements of fact and their truth/falsity:

1. Vladimir Putin is to blame for hacking DNC and Podesta: true.
    2. Vladimir Putin did so due to a "personal beef against" Hillary Clinton: could be partly true, but likely an oversimplification of Putin's motives.
    3. Election hacking was enough to tip the balance in Donald Trump's favor: partly true. Also rejecting help when offered, not paying enough attention in certain key battlegrounds, the Comey letter, and other factors played into it, as did sheer luck. Given the candidates' almost equal unlikeability, whoever won the final news cycle was likely to win. That was Trump.

So, you asked me a question, I gave you an answer, and you came back at me with a Breitbart link (which I won't click) to what some cretins on cable news think about something?

Here's a tip: turn off cable news. Doesn't matter if it's Fox, CNN, or MSNBC (or other): It makes people dumb.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    Not sure if you saw his rallies and the GOP convention, but is was a cavalcade of resentments and victimhood. Trump didn't sell hope, he sold fear and political/military cuckoldry and promised to reverse that somehow.
    I saw the same thing coming from Hillary speeches. Specially the victim hood part.

The only "Trump fear" part I saw which many agree with is the lack of security at our southern border. With the issues we see with people who have gone off the deep end with radical Islamic I would say it's somewhat justified. Let us not forget that a more secure border may cut down on drug shipments.

I can also say there is some justification when someone states a person who enters the country illegally can take a job away from a USA citizen. It's a fact. If someone entered the country and is not working the other option is some form of welfare I suppose. You can live off the land but most people don't do that.

I saw the same thing coming from Hillary speeches. Specially the victim hood part.
    First of all, no you didn't. But even, arguendo, if you had, so? The topic wasn't what was in Hillary's speeches, it was whether we had pivoted from a message of hope to one of despair, and absolutely we have.

The only "Trump fear" part I saw which many agree with is the lack of security at our southern border. With the issues we see with people who have gone off the deep end with radical Islamic I would say it's somewhat justified. Let us not forget that a more secure border may cut down on drug shipments.
    Right. Because walls really keep drugs out.

The entire Trump campaign was about some dystopian nonsense - the only thing we have to fear wasn't fear itself, but EVERYTHING. Muslims, Mexicans, inner cities, etc.

I can also say there is some justification when someone states a person who enters the country illegally can take a job away from a USA citizen. It's a fact. If someone entered the country and is not working the other option is some form of welfare I suppose. You can live off the land but most people don't do that.
    People wouldn't come here without papers if someone wasn't willing to hire them. But of course that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't care what "Morning Joe stalwarts" have to say, and of course Hillary Clinton bears the blame for her loss. But that's not what you asked me. You highlighted this text:

Here are the statements of fact and their truth/falsity:

1. Vladimir Putin is to blame for hacking DNC and Podesta: true.
    2. Vladimir Putin did so due to a "personal beef against" Hillary Clinton: could be partly true, but likely an oversimplification of Putin's motives.
    3. Election hacking was enough to tip the balance in Donald Trump's favor: partly true. Also rejecting help when offered, not paying enough attention in certain key battlegrounds, the Comey letter, and other factors played into it, as did sheer luck. Given the candidates' almost equal unlikeability, whoever won the final news cycle was likely to win. That was Trump.

So, you asked me a question, I gave you an answer, and you came back at me with a Breitbart link (which I won't click) to what some cretins on cable news think about something?

Here's a tip: turn off cable news. Doesn't matter if it's Fox, CNN, or MSNBC (or other): It makes people dumb.

The Brietbart link was just more reading information for the thread. It was posted before any of your responses.

I look at all sources for information. Most tend to mislead people in some form or another. Some intentionally some not.

The Brietbart link was just more reading information for the thread. It was posted before any of your responses.

I look at all sources for information. Most tend to mislead people in some form or another. Some intentionally some not.
    I don't read Breitbart. It misleads intentionally.

"Election hacking was enough to tip the balance in Donald Trump's favor: partly true."

First, there was no election hacking. the only thing that was hacked was the email accounts of members of the DNC.

Second, the hacking itself did not impact on the election.

It is possible the content of the hacked emails had an impact on the election but blaming the hacking itself is like the child sexual predator blaming To Catch a Predator for his conviction. Nope. It was his child sexual predator activities to blame for his conviction.

The one thing we do know for certain is that Putin didn't write any of those emails. Hillary and Podesta should have used a bigger cloth.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I can't believe those words came out of her mouth. "What do you mean? Like with a cloth?"

I can't believe the media turned Trump's snide remark about the Russians finding her missing emails into an alleged call by Trump for the Russians to hack DNC.

Except the letter had nothing to do with the outcome. Her history had everything to do with the outcome
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    "Election hacking was enough to tip the balance in Donald Trump's favor: partly true."

First, there was no election hacking. the only thing that was hacked was the email accounts of members of the DNC.

Second, the hacking itself did not impact on the election.

It is possible the content of the hacked emails had an impact on the election but blaming the hacking itself is like the child sexual predator blaming To Catch a Predator for his conviction. Nope. It was his child sexual predator activities to blame for his conviction.

The one thing we do know for certain is that Putin didn't write any of those emails. Hillary and Podesta should have used a bigger cloth.
    You're right. The election wasn't hacked, but emails were - they were private communications that hackers with ties to Russian intelligence stole and then gave to Wikileaks, which released them. Many emails were embarrassing, and there isn't a person alive who wouldn't be embarrassed if years' worth of their entire email correspondence was released to the press. To suggest that it didn't impact the election is ludicrous. Wikileaks' publication of people's stolen private communications were timed for maximum impact, by Assange's own admission.

What's going to be fun is when some intelligence service decides it's more advantageous to screw with Republicans rather than Democrats, and we see theft and publication of RNC or Bannon emails, and then we'll have an even more interesting discussion about the import of Russian meddling in our domestic affairs because so many Republicans right now are either filled with partisan schadenfreude, like Putin, like that it was these particular victims who were exposed, etc.

You're right. The election wasn't hacked, but emails were - they were private communications that hackers with ties to Russian intelligence stole and then gave to Wikileaks, which released them. Many emails were embarrassing, and there isn't a person alive who wouldn't be embarrassed if years' worth of their entire email correspondence was released to the press. To suggest that it didn't impact the election is ludicrous. Wikileaks' publication of people's stolen private communications were timed for maximum impact, by Assange's own admission.

What's going to be fun is when some intelligence service decides it's more advantageous to screw with Republicans rather than Democrats, and we see theft and publication of RNC or Bannon emails, and then we'll have an even more interesting discussion about the import of Russian meddling in our domestic affairs because so many Republicans right now are either filled with partisan schadenfreude, like Putin, like that it was these particular victims who were exposed, etc.
    Of all the people to get their panties in a bunch over embarrassing emails being made public for political reasons.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information