Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
So then why arent more mothers joining the rebellion against society, reasurring children there is nothing wrong with them, and teaching them ways to be happy and prosper by avoiding the common inferior establishment?
There are, they call their children indigo children (look it up) these mothers believe their children are more evolved than other children, society doesn't fit their children rather than their child doesn't fit society. I don't know how i feel about this theory because it's hard to find information on it that isn't new aged. I have read that it really isn't a new aged theory though but that it's more a long the lines you describe things to be. I just heard the term recently and it's interesting, i'd like to learn more about it.

But you can't teach society to adapt to a child instead you have to find subtle ways that make it easier for the child to adapt without changing who the child or making them feel like they are defective. I was actually up late last night couldn't fall a sleep because I am worried about how my son will be socially in kindergarten. He wants to hug everyone he meets, I know it doesn't sound like a bad thing but I am worried about him socially with that. It's not that we want to change our children, we just don't want them to suffer in society. I was a child who was "different" and maybe part of my problem was that my parents wanted me to fit the mold and i couldn't, I don't want my son to have the social problems that i had growing up.